BREAKING: Tennessee officials discussing football coach Butch Jones immediate future

First of all, there is no team meeting and Currie and Butch did meet earlier today but it was about alternate uniforms and a marketing campaign UT is working on. I have one contact who works within the UT AD; we were best friends growing up and I still talk to him once or twice a week. I wouldn’t say he is real high up in the AD but it’s not like he’s at the bottom of the totem pole either. I always try to get information out of him but he usually won’t give me much, usually just saying he’s not really privy to all the inside info. But I spoke to him earlier today, and as a big UT fan, he’s obviously real upset about what is going on. He finally opened up to me a little bit, and he said the talk within the department is that Currie really doesn’t want to replace any major coaches, such as football and men’s / women’s basketball, in his first year. Also, apparently the Chancellor and President are believed to have put some pressure on Currie to keep things the same for now, as they feel the athletic department has finally turned a corner financially, and they don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a buyout right now. He said the boosters definitely are putting pressure in the other direction, but he states the boosters really don’t have as much influence this time around, at least not as much as a lot of people think...he said it’s more important what the Chancellor and President want to do. Plus he said our new Chancellor feels like our boosters have had too much influence on the AD in the past. And then there is also the problem of trying to get the boosters on the same page in terms of a replacement. He thinks that if a move is made, it won’t be until after the season. And if Butch makes a bowl game, the administration will definitely try to keep him. Plus he said we will likely make a bowl at 5-7 due to our improved APR and how well the fans travel. He said if attendance really falls off, that might change their minds. He wanted to emphasize that this is just what he had heard within the AD and as of now, should just be considered rumors...none of this came from Currie himself. He did add, however, that he personally thinks we will end up going 4-8 and a change will have to be made. But if we somehow make a bowl, he said not to be surprised if they just try to sell this as one down year due to new quarterbacks and a lot of injuries.

My friend is the cousins sisters, uncle on the left hip pocket of Gruden and he's already signed the deal to coach UT.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all, there is no team meeting and Currie and Butch did meet earlier today but it was about alternate uniforms and a marketing campaign UT is working on. I have one contact who works within the UT AD; we were best friends growing up and I still talk to him once or twice a week. I wouldn’t say he is real high up in the AD but it’s not like he’s at the bottom of the totem pole either. I always try to get information out of him but he usually won’t give me much, usually just saying he’s not really privy to all the inside info. But I spoke to him earlier today, and as a big UT fan, he’s obviously real upset about what is going on. He finally opened up to me a little bit, and he said the talk within the department is that Currie really doesn’t want to replace any major coaches, such as football and men’s / women’s basketball, in his first year. Also, apparently the Chancellor and President are believed to have put some pressure on Currie to keep things the same for now, as they feel the athletic department has finally turned a corner financially, and they don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a buyout right now. He said the boosters definitely are putting pressure in the other direction, but he states the boosters really don’t have as much influence this time around, at least not as much as a lot of people think...he said it’s more important what the Chancellor and President want to do. Plus he said our new Chancellor feels like our boosters have had too much influence on the AD in the past. And then there is also the problem of trying to get the boosters on the same page in terms of a replacement. He thinks that if a move is made, it won’t be until after the season. And if Butch makes a bowl game, the administration will definitely try to keep him. Plus he said we will likely make a bowl at 5-7 due to our improved APR and how well the fans travel. He said if attendance really falls off, that might change their minds. He wanted to emphasize that this is just what he had heard within the AD and as of now, should just be considered rumors...none of this came from Currie himself. He did add, however, that he personally thinks we will end up going 4-8 and a change will have to be made. But if we somehow make a bowl, he said not to be surprised if they just try to sell this as one down year due to new quarterbacks and a lot of injuries.

Wouldn’t doubt that one bit and if that truly is the mindset UT fans need to realize we will no longer be relevant in football and I mean the second best team in the state.

Florida acts quickly. Tennessee has a confab about the possibility of potentially making a move, maybe.

Discouraging.

Reactions: 3 people

Enter key, bruh. Use the enter key.

Reactions: 3 people

You're so fos

Wouldn’t doubt that one bit and if that truly is the mindset UT fans need to realize we will no longer be relevant in football and I mean the second best team in the state.

Then lead us out of here.
tenor.gif

Florida acts quickly. Tennessee has a confab about the possibility of potentially making a move, maybe.

Discouraging.

Amen. At this point we need to clean house and bring in anyone that gives a **** about a winning football program. Disgraceful how they are dragging this out.

I know this isn’t what we want to hear but as every week drags on it seems more and more plausibile. AD is still in pretty bad shape financially- especially in comparison to other SEC schools.

VN Store

Back