BREAKING NEWS!!!Cuonzo Martin removes name from Marquette search

I hope people don't act like jackasses if he decides to stay. The guy has never done anything to embarrass the university and his players keep their nose clean for the most part. If he comes back, he deserves our support until he proves otherwise. Time will tell.

He sucks. Thats enough. Really...

I hope people don't act like jackasses if he decides to stay. The guy has never done anything to embarrass the university and his players keep their nose clean for the most part. If he comes back, he deserves our support until he proves otherwise. Time will tell.

Agree 100%

Reactions: 5 people
Sure. Lets let him fall on his @ss and then pay another buyout. Brilliant idea.

He isn't Dooley. He's not going to burn the program. If you think UT was going to hire a big name if CCM, more power to ya.

I did not.

Reactions: 7 people
I really can't wait to see how much money he got. This will be interesting. Anything over two years is an abomination.

He sucks. Thats enough. Really...

No, he doesn't suck. Wade Houston sucked. You're too damn young to even know what suck means. Try a 5 win season and losing to Western Carolina. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's still learning and he turned the team around this year and got UT about as far as most people thought they would go.

Reactions: 13 people
Marquette has no football program, shares an arena with the Millwaukee Bucks, and inhabits a Big East conference that is a shadow of it's former self.

And, oh yeah, Buzz Williams just took a lateral (or even a step down) out of there to VTI...willingly. There is said to be a "circus" going on behind the scenes.

So, no, the grass is NOT always greener. :)

Reactions: 3 people
No, he doesn't suck. Wade Houston sucked. You're too damn young to even know what suck means. Try a 5 win season and losing to Western Carolina. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's still learning and he turned the team around this year and got UT about as far as most people thought they would go.

Exactly. Zo is probably the 3rd-4th best coach in the SEC, and he hasn't even hit his ceiling yet. I'm coming around on the guy.

Reactions: 3 people
He isn't Dooley. He's not going to burn the program. If you think UT was going to hire a big name if CCM, more power to ya.

I did not.

No. I didn't expect a big name but the sooner the better IMO. What's the point of this clown producing mediocre results like he has since he stepped foot on campus? If we countered Marquette and went ridiculous, this is a huge mistake.

Reactions: 1 person
ok who is getting the petition ready ? if Zo stays and Tn don't have a good season. this place will implode like never before. this could get ugly in a hurry.

The sad thing is, with the way our luck goes, Gregg Marshall wanted the job again and we get this news.

Oh well, hope he's got it together and the perfect storm happens with Stokes, transfers, incoming freshmen and we can get back to the bubble next season.

No. I didn't expect a big name but the sooner the better IMO. What's the point of this clown producing mediocre results like he has since he stepped foot on campus? If we countered Marquette and went ridiculous, this is a huge mistake.

Clown?

Obviously you are biased and illogical about this, so I'll stop.

Reactions: 14 people

Hell, Buzz Peterson sucked compared to Martin, and Green was at best a push. I'm not even sure about Devoe...maybe that's a push also.

The only two coaches clearly better than Martin are Ray Mears and Bruce Pearl...and that's a high standard to match.

But give him time....who knows. :)

I like him myself. Tough cancer survivor. So he's not as media-friendly as Bruce...seems uncomfortable in front of the cameras, even mumbles. But he seems to have more integrity.

I can't see Zo either lying to the NCAA nor cheating on his wife. Give me a guy who has integrity and grit over a "slick willie" type any day. :)

I hope everyone of these "were heading in the right direction" folks eat the biggest pile of crow imaginable. This hurts worse than anything UT basketball related since Izzo beat us in the elite 8

Wait what? Why would you want them to eat crow? As a UT fan, even if you don't think Cuonzo is the right coach, shouldn't you hope that you're the wrong one and have to eat crow?

Reactions: 11 people
Most programs dont turn around overnight. If you can see improvement from year 1 to year 3, youre probably doing something right. Were getting better... not worse.

Well that's fantastic. Why don't we continue to let someone hit the lottery every year to LEARN how to coach. Thats a wonderful ideal. Plenty of coaches out there with better track records who know how to coach than someone learning on the job. But that's fine...I don't mind rooting for a mediocre coached team. I've been doing it for three years.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back