Bray Interview

Had a little more time to match up the number of lines with the song for a complete first verse. The added lines are particularly pertinent. Enjoy. :)

99 Problems - Vol Edition (Revised Lyrics)

If you're having fan meltdowns I feel bad for you son, we got 99 problems but Bray ain't one.

[Verse One]

They keep sayin' Rocky Top's about to rock
Media printing shiiit, call it country fried crock
Sports bloggers cryin' Dooley's got to go
Calling Da'Rick a Diva, sayin' Bray's loco
You go through the changes we been through
We'll all see after just how well you would do
QB on the field his fever 102
They say he quit on the game, we say f___ you
Fans act surprised, enraged youth can be immature
But just what is it they're doing when they spread their manure?
Basilio, Hyams, take a knee and blow
you ain't nothing but wannabe media ho's
you say you bleed orange instead you bleed the orange,
lookin' through dirty laundry, trash, and storage
Come next season you'll be under his thumb
we got 99 problems but Bray ain't one

36387466_approval_gif.gif

Bray will come back next year and show you that he is a VOL. Cut the kid some slack. He will be our QB next year.

Had a little more time to match up the number of lines with the song for a complete first verse. The added lines are particularly pertinent. Enjoy. :)

99 Problems - Vol Edition (Revised Lyrics)

If you're having fan meltdowns I feel bad for you son, we got 99 problems but Bray ain't one.

[Verse One]

They keep sayin' Rocky Top's about to rock
Media printing shiiit, call it country fried crock
Sports bloggers cryin' Dooley's got to go
Calling Da'Rick a Diva, sayin' Bray's loco
You go through the changes we been through
We'll all see after just how well you would do
QB on the field his fever 102
They say he quit on the game, we say f___ you
Fans act surprised, enraged youth can be immature
But just what is it they're doing when they spread their manure?
Basilio, Hyams, take a knee and blow
you ain't nothing but wannabe media ho's
you say you bleed orange instead you bleed the orange,
lookin' through dirty laundry, trash, and storage
Come next season you'll be under his thumb
we got 99 problems but Bray ain't one

Kudos, sir :loco:

The KY game was the first i ever saw where Bray wasn't absolute spot on...he made some Simms-esque passes.

I remarked around halftime about whether his thumb might be finally catching up to him, sore from coming back too early from the injury.

Either that, or he was ill. But the Bray we saw against KY was not the Bray that usually dresses on game day. i have zero concerns about Bray going into the spring. We need to be focused on the run game.

Last edited:
cut and paste Rex you failed misreably here. On the "becoming more of a leader" portion of the OP you misrepresented what was asked. A reporter asked an idiotic question about how Bray can change his demeanor and not be so laid back. Most of us with balls would have responded sarcastically there. Bray is who he is...laid back and pretty even-temepered...it is unfair to ask anyone to change their personality to what we want it...there are pros and cons to every personality type.

I watched the interview...some of you guys are just looking for something to pile on about. He just answered the questions. He was sick, tired, and apparently embarrassed. My favorite answer was when asked if it was the weather or his thumb that contributed to his bad day he stated simply "I just played terrible". Everyone wants Dooley to own up to his mistakes and take the blame...here a kid is tossed an easy excuse and he doesn't take it. Not to mention that he never mentioned being sick...some of you guys are ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
He needs to quit complaining about time off, this is the second time he has said this. You play D1 football in the SEC, he has an opportunity that a lot of people wish they had.

I understand what you are saying but let's personalize this a little bit...you kwebbvols have a job or are a college student I presume...but I bet you really enjoy your vacation time off from work and crave it...or your breaks during the school year...there are people all over the country that wish they had the opportunity to have a job like you or be getting a great education...shame on you for wanting a break.

not so quaint an argument now? We have unrealistic expectations of other people that we don't want to apply to ourselves. They might be freakish athletes but they are as human as we are...on top of the fact that they are kids.

He is just a young man that needs to mature some. Who didn't when they were that age? I'm sure they are ready for a break. Just imagine the toll the last couple of seasons have put on the team and staff. We, as fans, are in complete meltdown....and we haven't even played a snap. They will get away for awhile, recharge, and come back refreshed and ready to kick some ass the Volunteer way.

It's a transcript from here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgxo-LHHxO8[/youtube]

And I agree, "immature" is being kind.
Yes he is immature, what he's 19 now. Yes really immature. Terrible whinning:whistling:. Acting just like a immature kid would in front of all those microphones. Yes, didn't explain what was wrong with the whole team:whistling:, had no idea what the stats of each of the players was. What a immature brat this guy is:whistling:.

As one who has taught leadership classes its my opinion that leaders are born and cant be taught....now we can teach people to be good managers of people but leaders?
No I dont think so....YOU ARE EITHER A LEADER OR NOT...and that comes with years of teaching "leadership" courses. Now I have many who disagree with that opinion and that's fine...I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE..If you need an example try teaching a group of 10-15 in the age of 10-12. Leadership will ooze out of the leaders and followship will ooze out of the followers. Just look around sometime and see if its not true...

I too have been in the realm of leadership for over 15 years. I don't completely agree with your notion that people are born leaders. I do agree that the vast majority of leadership traits are found in personality which is "born". However, I believe the environment in which a person was raised largely affects whether they are a leader or a follower. Were they instilled with confidence and responsibility or not. Also, I disagree that you can't teach leadership. I have developed people in my organizations into higher levels of leadership capabilities not just management skills as you mention. However, I do greatly respect anyone who makes an investment in others. Kuudos for you on that.

The way so many of you Vols fans beat up on these kids with your posts, it's a D*&^ wonder the kids even suit up for games. Try believing in them despite everything. Take time to post an encouraging message. Take time if you're a student to utter an encouraging word in the hallway or in class. Pass a freaking note thanking them for being Vols, commenting on a positive play they made or something. In short letting them know something called "appreciation" if you even know what that means. These players are human beings believe it or not, thus subject to the ups and downs of human psychological responses to various stimuli. Treating them like humans can have more of a positive effect than you think So too negative effects caused by consistently finding fault with them and browbeating them over it constantly. The wonder is this years' group hasn't had multiple deserters who didn't finally say to h*&^ with you and just left. Can't you people even remotely understand that!!!??? If I ever (gods forbid!!) give up being a Vols fan, it won't be due to the players or team performance, it will be due to fans who don't know how to appreciate the players. Kentucky's history of losing doesn't seem to dampen fan support as far as I know. And I live here in KY. With such a loser team, hope springs eternal in most UK fans. Dare I say it? They bleed a purer Blue than too many of you bleed an Orange. Try spending a week posting something positive about our departing seniors and team, even if it's only to comment they wore nice shoes. As opposed to constant fault finding.

Last edited:
I like the way Bray takes responsibility for his play and doesn't blame anyone else.
He had strep throat that week, plus he was recovering from a broken thumb.
He never even mentions it, much less tried to blame it for his play.
That's what leaders do.

His Head Coach should take a lesson from Bray on accepting responsibility for what happens with the team.

I like the fact that Da'Rick pulled off a 1K season despite the changes in QBs and against teams smoldering him in multiple coverage. Takes a heck of a WR to pull that off.

I also like how the seniors anchored a defense that played well enough for us to win games we lost. I got the feeling these guys really put it all on the line when they went out there. Gonna miss those guys big time. THANKS SENIORS AND NOTHING BUT THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Last edited:
I like the way Bray takes responsibility for his play and doesn't blame anyone else.
He had strep throat that week, plus he was recovering from a broken thumb.
He never even mentions it, much less tried to blame it for his play.
That's what leaders do.

His Head Coach should take a lesson from Bray on accepting responsibility for what happens with the team.

Okay, but since when does accepting blame change anything? I hate coach speak. I saw on ESPN that Philly fans are getting pissed at Andy Reid because he regurgitates the same thing after every game that "it is his fault" and "he needs to get the players better prepared." So my question is, if Dooley did start shouldering all of the blame for the teams lackluster performance, would that soften the blow of the loss? I think not. You would still find something to complain about.

Okay, but since when does accepting blame change anything? I hate coach speak. I saw on ESPN that Philly fans are getting pissed at Andy Reid because he regurgitates the same thing after every game that "it is his fault" and "he needs to get the players better prepared." So my question is, if Dooley did start shouldering all of the blame for the teams lackluster performance, would that soften the blow of the loss? I think not. You would still find something to complain about.

The freaking idea is to say something nice about OUR guys as opposed to beating them on the head with a 2X4 type post at every d#@$ opportunity.

The freaking idea is to say something nice about OUR guys as opposed to beating them on the head with a 2X4 type post at every d#@$ opportunity.

Understandable, but I believe you are blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.

How do you find fault with someone who takes responsibility for the loss and says he has to do better?

You complaining about people complaining is somehow better?

How do you find fault with someone who takes responsibility for the loss and says he has to do better?

You complaining about people complaining is somehow better?

What if he doesn't do better? That was my point. You would get just as tired of hearing the excuses as you would if he just blamed the players.

VN Store

Back