#BoycottNRA

You missed the point. This has nothing to do with supporting the 2nd amendment. This has everything to do with reasonable and rational regulation of guns. That's it. Nobody's trying to take all of your guns away. Will never happen.

I missed nothing. Apparently you are the one missing the point. Middle America DOES NOT CARE about how you try to package it up or what you call reasonable. We know what you really want.

Reactions: 5 people
The gun issue will become a minor priority unless there are more shootings. So are you for more children being shot so that the Democrats do better in the MT elections?

I guess you thought that question was clever or cute.

I'm for the issue remaining a key issue with the foundation being active and vocal youth. They have the most to lose and the most to gain.

Yeah, you are.

No I'm not.

I'm making everyone concede the fact that at some point, for everyone, it becomes about more than just return on investment.

For growing millions, that point has been reached with the current gun lunacy.

No I'm not.

I'm making everyone concede the fact that at some point, for everyone, it becomes about more than just return on investment.

For growing millions, that point has been reached with the current gun lunacy.

If someone walked up to you and slapped you 10 times with a glove on. Would you blame it on the glove?

Same here. Will probably buy a multi year membership for the nephew too!

That's the spirit. They may need the money to retrain their spokesperson. Even many on the right found her comments yesterday at CPAC way out of line.

Are you being obtuse intentionally or are you just ignorant on the subject?

You can be pro gun and still realize that more could be done to keep weapons out of the hands of children and bad guys without jeopardizing your man card.

I think we’d really like this term redefined and more precise.

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole' | PolitiFact

3. Experts warn that the phrase "gun show loophole" is imprecise at best. But people do buy guns without having to undergo background checks.

Several experts said the phrase "gun show loophole" isn’t the most accurate way to describe the gap in the law.

"There is a huge loophole in federal law, but it isn't for gun shows," UCLA law professor Adam Winkler said. "What is called the gun-show loophole is misnamed. It should be the ‘private sale loophole’ or the ‘background check loophole.’ ... The reason people talk about gun shows is that they are easily accessible marketplaces for people who don't want to be subject to a background check to find non-licensed gun sellers."

Gabriel Chin, a professor at UC Davis School of Law, told PolitiFact that there is a loophole in the sense that it has not been clear how many firearms one has to sell before one is required to obtain a license.

"Remember, gun shows are mainly on weekends, so there is room for someone to claim ‘this is a hobby or part of my collection’ when it is also a substantial business," Chin said.

Gary Kleck, a criminologist at Florida State University, said the term "gun show loophole" is misleading if it implies that the law didn’t intend to exempt some sellers.

"The term ‘loophole’ suggests that it was a minor, unintended flaw in the design of the law, something inadvertently overlooked by lawmakers, when it was actually the very intentional result of a carefully worked-out political compromise between those who wanted background checks on all gun acquisitions and those who did not want any at all," he said.

You tell me septic. How many people that parrot that term actually know what it is referring to?

The gun issue will become a minor priority unless there are more shootings. So are you for more children being shot so that the Democrats do better in the MT elections?

Left wingers are foaming at the mouth for anything bad to happen so they can "get Trump". So hoping more kids die to further their agenda is not too far removed from their reality. They want the markets to collapse, economy to tank, unemployment to skyrocket, crime to increase..Typical anti American democrat things.

Reactions: 6 people
The NRA is brutally effective. They don't give an inch. When 97% and 67% of the American people support universal background checks and an assault weapon ban, respectively, yet our legislators do nothing, what does that tell you? In our Republic, lobbying works.

The solution to this bottleneck lies in the power of the people. I've seen it first hand in the industry I worked in where state referendums circumvented our state level influence. People put the issues to vote during elections, and they overturned the system. We lost.

The NRA is the King Kong of 800 lb. gorillas. But even it is vulnerable. The internet and social media are game changers of democracy.

We'll see what happens though. People's attention spans are brief.

I'll support the boycott, and I hope to attend the DC rally in March.

Gun nutz have Internet too. You just found the NRA 4 or 5 renewed or new memberships just in this thread so far alone.

Reactions: 5 people
The NRA is brutally effective. They don't give an inch. When 97% and 67% of the American people support universal background checks and an assault weapon ban, respectively, yet our legislators do nothing, what does that tell you? In our Republic, lobbying works.

The solution to this bottleneck lies in the power of the people. I've seen it first hand in the industry I worked in where state referendums circumvented our state level influence. People put the issues to vote during elections, and they overturned the system. We lost.

The NRA is the King Kong of 800 lb. gorillas. But even it is vulnerable. The internet and social media are game changers of democracy.

So explain..how did the NRA cause this kid to kill 17 people?

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently. I watched a video last night of a kid getting turned down for beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets - but walked into a gun show and bought a rifle. He was 13.

Here is the story.

Whether it was a one off or not - the point remains. More should be done at gun shows to protect against the lunatics (and kids) from acquiring them. By more I mean at least that which gun stores are required to do.

I don’t disagree here. Nobody should be selling a damn gun to a 13 year old.

Willing to consider an agenda was in play here? To be clear I’m not excusing this video.

If the same people heard of a quick mart selling beer to 13 year olds think they take the time to bring it out? I guess they would if it fit their agenda.

I missed nothing. Apparently you are the one missing the point. Middle America DOES NOT CARE about how you try to package it up or what you call reasonable. We know what you really want.

OK. Tell me what it is that I really want Swami.

which mass shooting involved an assault weapon?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back