#BoycottNRA

Are you being obtuse intentionally or are you just ignorant on the subject?

You can be pro gun and still realize that more could be done to keep weapons out of the hands of children and bad guys without jeopardizing your man card.

Difference being, there likely are very few anti-gun people that can easily state what the "gun show loophole" actually is. However, they parrot that phrase like they know what they are talking about and stand on it until death as the common problem that kills people.

You likely know, I'm sure Hog knows. Now which of the anti-gun crowd actually can speak intelligently about it without a massive Google search...

Reactions: 5 people
Are you being obtuse intentionally or are you just ignorant on the subject?

You can be pro gun and still realize that more could be done to keep weapons out of the hands of children and bad guys without jeopardizing your man card.

Now children can buy guns?

Reactions: 3 people
I remember they tried that nonsense after Sandy Hook.

The membership gained huge traction.

This will not work out like you think it will. If you start making people like that into boogeymen and trying to divert the attention away from other problems, the people will push back.

The NRA is brutally effective. They don't give an inch. When 97% and 67% of the American people support universal background checks and an assault weapon ban, respectively, yet our legislators do nothing, what does that tell you? In our Republic, lobbying works.

The solution to this bottleneck lies in the power of the people. I've seen it first hand in the industry I worked in where state referendums circumvented our state level influence. People put the issues to vote during elections, and they overturned the system. We lost.

The NRA is the King Kong of 800 lb. gorillas. But even it is vulnerable. The internet and social media are game changers of democracy.

We'll see what happens though. People's attention spans are brief.

I'll support the boycott, and I hope to attend the DC rally in March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
When legislators fail to do the right thing in our Republic, it's much easier these days for the masses to effectuate necessary change. This is a good first step.

#BoycottNRA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...boycott:homepage/story&utm_term=.5ef67f4ea7ff

Search Twitter - #BoycottNRA

The NRA is being supported by these companies – ThinkProgress

Boycott the politicians who take money from groups like the NRA. Politicians don’t make decisions on beliefs, they make them on who puts money in their pockets

The NRA is brutally effective. They don't give an inch. When 97% and 67% of the American people support universal background checks and an assault weapon ban, respectively, yet our legislators do nothing, what does that tell you? In our Republic, lobbying works.

The solution to this bottleneck lies in the power of the people. I've seen it first hand in the industry I worked in where state referendums circumvented our state level influence. People put the issues to vote during elections, and they overturned the system. We lost.

The NRA is the King Kong of 800 lb. gorillas. But even it is vulnerable. The internet and social media are game changers of democracy.

As I said, keep trying to make the NRA into boogeymen.

It will not end the way you think it ends.

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 1 person
We can only hope that the gun issue remains a top priority issue through the mid-terms. The gun lovers have always held the gun issue as one of their top voting choice criteria. The gun control crowd has rarely made it a top issue in their decision. If votes are cast in the midterms based on gun control criteria, the dems. will sweep the country in a landslide election the likes of which has never been seen.

The move to not vote for any politician that receives money from the NRA is another great strategy and one that is picking up steam.

Why does the gun issue need to remain at the forefront? If this is TRULY about saving lives there are lots more important things we need to go after. So is it really about saving the children or it is imposing your belief system on someone else? More lives would be saved donating to cancer/heart societies. Stopping the overprescription of opioids would save tens of thousands a year.

We can only hope that the gun issue remains a top priority issue through the mid-terms. The gun lovers have always held the gun issue as one of their top voting choice criteria. The gun control crowd has rarely made it a top issue in their decision. If votes are cast in the midterms based on gun control criteria, the dems. will sweep the country in a landslide election the likes of which has never been seen.

The move to not vote for any politician that receives money from the NRA is another great strategy and one that is picking up steam.
Then you woke up from your dream only to realize Hillary is still not your President.

Why does the gun issue need to remain at the forefront? If this is TRULY about saving lives there are lots more important things we need to go after. So is it really about saving the children or it is imposing your belief system on someone else? More lives would be saved donating to cancer/heart societies. Stopping the overprescription of opioids would save tens of thousands a year.

Hell no, its about pushing an agenda and trying to use those poor kids to win an election

Reactions: 6 people
Now children can buy guns?

Apparently. I watched a video last night of a kid getting turned down for beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets - but walked into a gun show and bought a rifle. He was 13.

Here is the story.

Whether it was a one off or not - the point remains. More should be done at gun shows to protect against the lunatics (and kids) from acquiring them. By more I mean at least that which gun stores are required to do.

Reactions: 4 people
Standard liberal playbook:

1. Assault weapons ban

2. High capacity magazine ban

3. Gun show loophole

4. Blame the NRA

Morons.

It’s like they’ve never heard of Browning, Benelli, Stoeger, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Kimber, or any other manufacturer.

I’ve never been a member, but I’ve got a good mind to change that.

#Non-RegulatedArms

I'll support the boycott, and I hope to attend the DC rally in March.

And growing. I think these liberals over estimate their numbers as to how they think Americans want gun control. As usual, they forget the real estate between the coast.

As usual liberals think they are the only people with access to the internet. There are countless amounts of people who support what the NRA stands for that aren't members.

At some point you have to realize that the majority of 2A supporters are silent and conservative. You act like just because you scream really loud and protest that, that is going to sway the opinion of that group of people. If anything you turn them off. Take the election of Trump as an example. You guys sit around in your bubble and knew you had it in the bag. You gloated and gave high fives to each other for months only to go bed in disbelief of what actually just happened.

You people have learned absolutely nothing in the last year. I for one am glad you guys put your fingers in your ears and only talk amongst yourselves. Not just you but the remedial media too.

Reactions: 3 people
Apparently. I watched a video last night of a kid getting turned down for beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets - but walked into a gun show and bought a rifle. He was 13.

Here is the story.

Whether it was a one off or not - the point remains. More should be done at gun shows to protect against the lunatics (and kids) from acquiring them. By more I mean at least that which gun stores are required to do.

Appalling. It was a private seller though.

The gun issue will become a minor priority unless there are more shootings. So are you for more children being shot so that the Democrats do better in the MT elections?

Here is the story.

And I do have this feeling there's more to the story than just this.

As usual liberals think they are the only people with access to the internet. There are countless amounts of people who support what the NRA stands for that aren't members.

At some point you have to realize that the majority of 2A supporters are silent and conservative. You act like just because you scream really loud and protest that, that is going to sway the opinion of that group of people. If anything you turn them off. Take the election of Trump as an example. You guys sit around in your bubble and knew you had it in the bag. You gloated and gave high fives to each other for months only to go bed in disbelief of what actually just happened.

You people have learned absolutely nothing in the last year. I for one am glad you guys put your fingers in your ears and only talk amongst yourselves. Not just you but the remedial media too.

You missed the point. This has nothing to do with supporting the 2nd amendment. This has everything to do with reasonable and rational regulation of guns. That's it. Nobody's trying to take all of your guns away. Will never happen.

lol

In 2012, those very same stocks in firearms companies blew up with the post Sandy Hook buying frenzy.

Any broker that divests in stock that's guaranteed to rise is an idiot and shouldn't be managing my money.

Sometimes one must look at the bigger picture. The $ can't always be the number one consideration.

If investments in Muslim terrorist organizations yielded a high return, would you want your money invested?

Not drawing a parallel, just stating that it should not always be about the return. People can and do draw a line.

VN Store

Back