Bobby maze celebrity game june 22nd at hva

Think the crowd will go crazy once Pearls name is called during the intros?

I am not sure if you made it. But Bruce did get a huge reaction, even people doing the "Bruuuuuuce". Lofton got a huge ovation also.

Definitely a huge difference in cheers between Pearl and Cuonzo, Martin was a judge for the dunk contest and didn't get a big reaction when introduced.

I am not sure if you made it. But Bruce did get a huge reaction, even people doing the "Bruuuuuuce". Lofton got a huge ovation also.

Definitely a huge difference in cheers between Pearl and Cuonzo, Martin was a judge for the dunk contest and didn't get a big reaction when introduced.

Figures. That's east TN for ya.

Figures. That's east TN for ya.

I feel like we got the best fans ever, and the worst. No way a coach that was fired due to NCAA reasons should get a louder applause than the reigning head coach. Believe me I understand that he put UT basketball back on the map, I lived through the buzz days and pearl, but to act like he didn't embarrass our beloved University by lying to the NCAA is stupid. And to add injury to insult cheer louder for him than our coach who is by no means a failure at this point in his career, I'm pretty embarrassed.

I feel like we got the best fans ever, and the worst. No way a coach that was fired due to NCAA reasons should get a louder applause than the reigning head coach. Believe me I understand that he put UT basketball back on the map, I lived through the buzz days and pearl, but to act like he didn't embarrass our beloved University by lying to the NCAA is stupid. And to add injury to insult cheer louder for him than our coach who is by no means a failure at this point in his career, I'm pretty embarrassed.

Not trying to be a smart@ss, but just shows that you are in the minority when it comes how people feel towards Pearl. IMO, the way he admitted to lying and taking 100% of the responsibility in public will only make him more popular as the years go on. It gives him the image that he is human and makes mistakes, and the "just a bbq" will become more of "they were out to get TN" instead of why he was actually fired as the years go on. He will always have a "rock star" status in East TN. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just saying that there are not many people in coaching period that is as charasmatic as Pearl and he will probably always have the majority of fan support in Knoxville.

Now that's funny. Wonder how competitive it would have got if CCM was on the other sidelines. I could see Bruce getting T'd up.

Martin is classier than to make it something bigger than it was...Bruce on the other hand likely would've ripped off the jacket, thrown it into the crowd, and shown off the sweat sweat pouring through his shirt.

VN Store

Back