Bobby Denton (Neyland's PA Announcer)

One of my favorite Bobby Denton mispronunciations was a couple years back he was announcing the starting lineups before the game and he said "Your starting Quarterback, Tyler McBray!"

Reactions: 1 person
I think it was a Georgia game...don't remember exactly which year, but it's become a Bobby classic that my son and I quote to each other whenever a team gets backed up a long way. It was the other team, by the way, that was backed up by about 30 yards, not us. :)

My guess would be the 4th and 52 they had back in like 07

His many failed attempts at Marlon Walls took the record.

Bob Kessling makes mistakes so he's the worst ever.

John Ward and Bobby Denton make constant mistakes and it's what makes them special. Go figure.

I think Bob is a really good play by play guy

I remember Bobby Denton from days at WKGN (1340AM) when I was in high school around Knoxville. Heard him often while out driving on a date. He was better at that than at Neyland. I never got laid at Neyland.

Growing up in Ooltewah, I was excited to hear when 55 made his first tackle. "Tackle made by Jack-ass Smith". Face palm in the stadium, but at least I remember the tackle!

Mis- pronounces names of our own players half the time. Other than that , does a pretty good job.

Hatin' on Bobby Denton because he messes up names would be the equivalent of bi#ching your grandmother out for the pork roast being too dry. Dude's been doin' this shiz since before a huge portion of the fan base was born. Get over yourselves.

Well said

VN Store

Back