Bobby Denton (Neyland's PA Announcer)

I remember the down years during Fulmers demise how when the masses would begin to leave he would come on and announce the no leave and re-enter policies!

who/why dug this up on Jan2014? I feared something happened to him....head fake

I believe it should be..
"we urge you to pay these prices ...and please pay no more"
I have a good story on Bobby from back in the early 80's I think. My brother and I were at the Master's in Augusta for a practice round, and ran into Bobby. It seems like we were at a restaurant, and I think he had a drink or two.
Of course, we didn't know the guy, but recognized him from radio days. My brother said to him....."Bobby, do pay these prices." He laughed and went through the whole shebang for us. He was a lot of fun.

Reactions: 3 people
He mispronounces more names than any announcer I have ever heard. About 20 years ago, Washington St came to Neyland and had a bunch of Samoans on the roster. Bobby Denton almost hurt himself trying to pronounce all of those names. Also, the later in the game it gets, the more his words are slurred. I'm just saying.

One of the worst ever but he's ours'. His malapropisms and mispronunciations are a part of Saturdays in Neyland. More power to him.

Reactions: 2 people
Despite my distaste for Tauren Poole, I've never heard someone with a pronunciation guide mispronounce a person's name so many different ways

Thats one of my favorite things is hearing him over the PA system when I'm walking to the stadium. I don't know why. Just sets the mood for the game.

Reactions: 2 people
I have a good story on Bobby from back in the early 80's I think. My brother and I were at the Master's in Augusta for a practice round, and ran into Bobby. It seems like we were at a restaurant, and I think he had a drink or two.
Of course, we didn't know the guy, but recognized him from radio days. My brother said to him....."Bobby, do pay these prices." He laughed and went through the whole shebang for us. He was a lot of fun.

That is awesome.

That is awesome.
My brother corrected me on the matter of Bobby and drinks. He told me that we were at a restaurant eating breakfast, and that Bobby had not been drinking. I guess that it was just his outgoing personality.

I seem to remember that Bobby started with "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. Please turn to page 36 in your program, and you will find the prices for concessions listed for today's game." ........ He ran through the whole deal, and it was funny as could be. We all had a good laugh.

The best thing that I ever heard Bobby say was, and I don't remember who we were playing but they had the ball some where inside their own ten yard line headed toward the south end zone. Bobby came on and said It's " fourth down and the river" one of the best ones that I ever heard. I think he got into trouble by the school for that remark.

The best thing that I ever heard Bobby say was, and I don't remember who we were playing but they had the ball some where inside their own ten yard line headed toward the south end zone. Bobby came on and said It's " fourth down and the river" one of the best ones that I ever heard. I think he got into trouble by the school for that remark.

I think it was a Georgia game...don't remember exactly which year, but it's become a Bobby classic that my son and I quote to each other whenever a team gets backed up a long way. It was the other team, by the way, that was backed up by about 30 yards, not us. :)

aye. bobby and dolly. whoa!

watch out. back when she was a fox too.

denton is a radio legend, period! we'll be sorry when hes gone, belie dat

Despite my distaste for Tauren Poole, I've never heard someone with a pronunciation guide mispronounce a person's name so many different ways

His many failed attempts at Marlon Walls took the record.

Bob Kessling makes mistakes so he's the worst ever.

John Ward and Bobby Denton make constant mistakes and it's what makes them special. Go figure.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back