*****Board Upgrades finished. Feedback/issues

Not sure if I'm having the same issue, but for me my keyboard keeps collapsing in the middle of my posts and is replaced with ads. I am able to bring it back up and finish though. Using the app on Android device.

Edit. I should have checked other threads, seems this issue is already well reported. Thanks.
This is happening to me this morning.

Unable to click in the reply box to start a reply. It just makes the screen blink. I have to close out and start over. This is where I was trying to reply.

Screenshot_20231110_142947_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: VolNExile
Essentially, the mobile refresh rate prohibits the posting of any thoughtful discourse. Minutes spent composing a thoughtful post are lost with the formative composition erasure by the frequent site view refresh (ad related?).

So, the new VN is good for “Go Vols!” and little else? OMG must write his Maxim posts offline and paste them into VN. Those of us inspired to compose a thoughtful reply to what we’re reading are out of luck.

It’s really bad. I lose a lot of posts. I have to copy to the clipboard after every sentence.

Unable to click in the reply box to start a reply. It just makes the screen blink. I have to close out and start over. This is where I was trying to reply.

View attachment 594369

This is similar to what the Narcan ad was doing to my PC yesterday. The cursor would drop from where I was typing, and I had to wait for the ad to change to click in the reply box again.

Reactions: vollygirl
The dropping of the cursor/keyboard while typing when ads change is awful. Long time user, but this is intolerable.

iPhone, Safari yada yada yada.

The dropping of the cursor/keyboard while typing when ads change is awful. Long time user, but this is intolerable.

iPhone, Safari yada yada yada.

Same. I’d try to type and something was pulling me off of where I was typing and push down to trick me into clicking the banner ad. It was almost unusable.

I’m going to try DuckDuckGo to see if it can function.

So far, so good with DDG. But the time using it is tiny.

These blocked domains might be a clue as to which 3rd party is causing problems.

Attachments

• IMG_9121.jpeg
    IMG_9121.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
@Freak, I update my iPhone to iOS 17.1.1 this morning.
When I try to type new post the keyboard doesn’t come up. Just the paste, select, select all feature comes up.

IMG_9374.png

Doesn't seem to be happening to me. I'd start by clearing your cache/temp files in safari and see if that helps.

Let me know.
I had to do it twice, but my keyboard is back. Thank you sir.

There was a way to post google docs with the link before this update but I never could figure it out, is it still possible and if so, how?

There was a way to post google docs with the link before this update but I never could figure it out, is it still possible and if so, how?
I think you just post the shareable link to the google doc. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back