*****Board Upgrades finished. Feedback/issues

@Freak
First, excellent work. VN is amazing.

Just noticing something that might've been happening previously also but I noticed it after switching to the app. It's related somehow to the ads and typing replies. I'm an Android user with a fully updated Pixel.

While typing a reply, sometimes the ad from the top "pops" to the bottom and "pops over" my keyboard. What appears to happen is the ad removes my "blinking... this is where I'm typing line" (I have always called it the "typing emphasis cursor") and I have to retouch the reply area to bring the emphasis back and the make the keyboard pop back up.

That's possibly intended or perhaps inevitable as the ads rotate and pay to be actually seen instead of covered by a keyboard. Please know I'm not complaining at all that you're offering ads but just pointing out the behavior.

Thanks for all the work and good info here.

@Freak
First, excellent work. VN is amazing.

Just noticing something that might've been happening previously also but I noticed it after switching to the app. It's related somehow to the ads and typing replies. I'm an Android user with a fully updated Pixel.

While typing a reply, sometimes the ad from the top "pops" to the bottom and "pops over" my keyboard. What appears to happen is the ad removes my "blinking... this is where I'm typing line" (I have always called it the "typing emphasis cursor") and I have to retouch the reply area to bring the emphasis back and the make the keyboard pop back up.

That's possibly intended or perhaps inevitable as the ads rotate and pay to be actually seen instead of covered by a keyboard. Please know I'm not complaining at all that you're offering ads but just pointing out the behavior.

Thanks for all the work and good info here.
When you say the ad pops to the bottom over the keyboard, can you screenshot this for me the next time it happens so I can see exactly what you're referrring to?

When you say the ad pops to the bottom over the keyboard, can you screenshot this for me the next time it happens so I can see exactly what you're referrring to?
Yes. On this comment. As I start to reply, then an ad "removes" the keyboard without me touching anything.
Screenshot_20230928-152030.png
then
Screenshot_20230928-152042.png

Yes. On this comment. As I start to reply, then an ad "removes" the keyboard without me touching anything.
View attachment 582957
then
View attachment 582959
First off, try to delete your temp files and clear cache if you haven't already. Sometimes that can fix wonky things like this.

Second, are you using Chrome, I assume? I'll try to do some testing on my Android and see if I can duplicate it.

Thanks

First off, try to delete your temp files and clear cache if you haven't already. Sometimes that can fix wonky things like this.

Second, are you using Chrome, I assume? I'll try to do some testing on my Android and see if I can duplicate it.

Thanks
Yes, Chrome. Deleted the app cache and, for good measure, deleted everything but the saved, accounts, etc on Chrome. It's still occurring. If it matters, I use GBoard but I'm willing to switch if that's the issue.

Yes, Chrome. Deleted the app cache and, for good measure, deleted everything but the saved, accounts, etc on Chrome. It's still occurring. If it matters, I use GBoard but I'm willing to switch if that's the issue.
I'll mess around with it when I get some time and see if I can duplicate it.

I'll mess around with it when I get some time and see if I can duplicate it.
No problem and not critical.

Reading back, I see others have suggested a similar issue about getting flagged by their work for accidentally clicking an ad because the keyboard disappeared. I've clicked the ads but I try to hit them periodically anyway to bump your numbers, etc.

@Freak I have an issue, probably and old person issue.
Some quoted posts with pictures show up with the file name only. If I open the picture by clicking on the file name, there is no means to close it, or return to the previous page.
Is there a hidden means of doing that? I’ve been closing the app and reopening it.

I’m using Apple iOS 16.6

@Freak I have an issue, probably and old person issue.
Some quoted posts with pictures show up with the file name only. If I open the picture by clicking on the file name, there is no means to close it, or return to the previous page.
Is there a hidden means of doing that? I’ve been closing the app and reopening it.

I’m using Apple iOS 16.6
If you can catch a pic of the ad next time, that would help. Or at least describe it.

If you can catch a pic of the ad next time, that would help. Or at least describe it.
It’s not an add. It’s when someone quotes a post with a picture or .gif, etc.

When I open one of the links - 1st picture.
There is no way to close the picture and get back to the VolNation app. - 2nd picture.

Attachments

• IMG_9214.png
    IMG_9214.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9215.png
    IMG_9215.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
It’s not an add. It’s when someone quotes a post with a picture or .gif, etc.

When I open one of the links - 1st picture.
There is no way to close the picture and get back to the VolNation app. - 2nd picture.
Sorry, I was thinking of a completely different post when I replied to you. Lack of sleep maybe. lol.

As for your issue, that's weird. Can you not swipe from the left edge of the screen to go back?

Reactions: Halph66
Sorry, I was thinking of a completely different post when I replied to you. Lack of sleep maybe. lol.

As for your issue, that's weird. Can you not swipe from the left edge of the screen to go back?
Yes sir. That takes me back. I thought that I had tried all the swipe directions. But obviously not.

Not sure if I'm having the same issue, but for me my keyboard keeps collapsing in the middle of my posts and is replaced with ads. I am able to bring it back up and finish though. Using the app on Android device.

Edit. I should have checked other threads, seems this issue is already well reported. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
Essentially, the mobile refresh rate prohibits the posting of any thoughtful discourse. Minutes spent composing a thoughtful post are lost with the formative composition erasure by the frequent site view refresh (ad related?).

So, the new VN is good for “Go Vols!” and little else? OMG must write his Maxim posts offline and paste them into VN. Those of us inspired to compose a thoughtful reply to what we’re reading are out of luck.

Oh my! I was able to post the above before it was erased by a refresh!

VN Store

Back