*****Board Upgrades finished. Feedback/issues

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
You'll notice some differences when you log in today. There are lots of updates in the new board software. Things are going to look a little different and (hopefully) perform a little better.

Unfortunately, the updated screwed with the site design/theme (hence the reason for delaying the update until the last minute before game week), and while I have fixed most of it, there are some things I still need to update. Mostly subtle color/item background fixes. You might see some light bluish backgrounds that look out of place, but I'll get to it. I had to redo both our light and dark themes and also redo all of our mobile customizations.

If you notice something that doesn't work, have issues, or get errors, let me know in this thread.

If you find a cool new feature, that you think ads to the experience, post here and let others know about it.

I'm going to make a list of some of the color fixes that are needed and if you notice others (or anything else that looks "off"), let me know. And be sure to tell me if you're using the light skin/dark skin and whether you're using mobile.

Speaking of dark mode, you may need to re-select it from the styles link at the bottom of the page.

Light Theme.
1. non-selected page numbers above and below the thread list have a bluish hue.
2. hovering over read alerts in the dropdown menu is bluish
3. the tool bar in the reply box is bluish
4. There's a bluish bar at the bottom of the post new thread.
5. some of the orange buttons are some weird Texas orange when hovering over them.
6. Background of the new embedded text links is blue.
7. The like icon is blue. Should be orange. Anyone good at working with image "sprites"? lol

Dark Theme Mobile.
1. Alert dropdown background is a bright color.

Last edited:
Man, waiting for you to finish was the hardest part of my night. On a positive note, I got some work done 🤣. Looks good so far though!
Thanks Joe. It should be more stable and there should be quite a few little quality of life improvements.

I just noticed, when I hit reply on your post (I'm on a desktop computer so I don't know about mobile) it know actually quotes your post visually instead of showing the quote tags at the beginning of the post like it used to.

@Freak

See. No animation.
giphy.gif

This is using a url, which is the best way.

Reactions: GlennTenn
giphy.gif

upload test.

Works for me. The one you posted is a png image.

No Preview Post button that I see.
I answered you in another thread, but in case anyone has the same question, it's on the far right and looks like a piece of paper with a magnifying glass over it.

edit: see volly's post above mine.

VN Store

Back