Black activist demands Marvel Studios donate 25% of "Black Panther" profits to...

Smart move. Since we all love democracy here I would assume we all want as many eligible voters registered and voting in the next election as possible.

Do you think that if a white person walked up and wanted to register, that the said white person would have been treated the same as a fellow "Wakandan"?

I love that a fictional super hero movie created by two White dudes with an entire fictional back story fleshed out by two White guys whose country only became advanced by the unearthing of a magic space rock somehow translates to "this could have been us!!"......lol wut.

Did anyone else see Thor and think "ERMGHaaawD If it wasn't for the Pilgrims we could have our own rainbow bridge too!!"...

Reactions: 5 people
I love that a fictional super hero movie created by two White dudes with an entire fictional back story fleshed out by two White guys whose country only became advanced by the unearthing of a magic space rock somehow translates to "this could have been us!!"......lol wut.

Did anyone else see Thor and think "ERMGHaaawD If it wasn't for the Pilgrims we could have our own rainbow bridge too!!"...

Oh I know. This “inspiration” and “proof” is hilarious.

Reactions: 2 people

Sad!

Then you are being intellectually dishonest with yourself

Regardless,even if we assume only black or Democratic voters were being registered, I believe that we should try to get as many eligible voters registered as possible. Participatory democracy depends on the citizens voting. Don't you agree that we should try to get as many eligible voters voting as possible and that therefore getting people registered is a good thing?

Reactions: 2 people
Regardless,even if we assume only black or Democratic voters were being registered, I believe that we should try to get as many eligible voters registered as possible. Participatory democracy depends on the citizens voting. Don't you agree that we should try to get as many eligible voters voting as possible and that therefore getting people registered is a good thing?

I'd be willing to bet any registrations with Republican checked were placed in File 13.

I'd be willing to bet any registrations with Republican checked were placed in File 13.

So the point being that black people/democrats should not be allowed to register voters on the theory that they may chuck registrations where the voter identifies as Republican?

Reactions: 1 person
Pee Wee Herman owes me some money with interest.

0Rxpu01DvfowYcqBj.jpg

I have went to Atlanta to help some friends that does ministry work down there and the problems that they deal with in black communities isn't getting talked about at all. I do not understand all the "inspiration" a movie like this provides. The saddest thing about this (among others) is that if the black community really thinks being shown in Hollywood is a pinnacle for your black community and if you think the white community is at the pinnacle because they are in Hollywood then you truly are way more deceived than your letting on.

I have went to Atlanta to help some friends that does ministry work down there and the problems that they deal with in black communities isn't getting talked about at all. I do not understand all the "inspiration" a movie like this provides. The saddest thing about this (among others) is that if the black community really thinks being shown in Hollywood is a pinnacle for your black community and if you think the white community is at the pinnacle because they are in Hollywood then you truly are way more deceived than your letting on.

The "inspiration" it provides is like the euphoria you get when you buy a Powerball ticket with the chance to win $500,000,000...

• Blacks are under represented in movies... complain that more blacks should be in movies.

• Make a movie with lots of black actors... complain that profits should be distributed as if they were an entitlement program.

BTW, is Spike Lee still making movies? He made a big splash a couple of decades ago and seems to not get in the news anymore except as a Knicks fan (and haven't even seen much of that lately).

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back