Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stokes >>>>> Scotty

(caveat: Hopson could shoot FTs...Stokes and half the team need to shoot 1000 FTs before breakfast)

Stokes once again disappointed with his performance last night. Slow and flat footed. The times they do get him the ball in he post he has no plan on how he is going to score and holds the ball until the double team comes. Right now he and Hopson are on par with each other. Our one and done players are four year and maybe a sniff in the draft.

As ridiculous as this thread is, I'll say one thing. Stokes has a long way to go to be the kind of player Scotty Hopson was for Tennessee. As reviled as Hopson was, he did average 17 pts and 3 rebs as a JR.

As ridiculous as this thread is, I'll say one thing. Stokes has a long way to go to be the kind of player Scotty Hopson was for Tennessee. As reviled as Hopson was, he did average 17 pts and 3 rebs as a JR.

Yeah the hype before they get on.campus is really bad for the players......people complained about all sec player scotty holding but barely talked.bad about our small forward avg a few points and shooting 30 percent from the field.

Stokes is obviously underachieving. He should be AVERAGING 17-20 pts a game with his abilities. No excuse! Scotty Hopson played like a little tulip. So does stokes. He should be bullying his way to the rim dunking it over people and drawing contact. He doesnt play like a MAN. I hate Scotty Hopson...Im glad he never got drafted..idiot should have stayed another year.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Stokes is obviously underachieving. He should be AVERAGING 17-20 pts a game with his abilities. No excuse! Scotty Hopson played like a little tulip. So does stokes. He should be bullying his way to the rim dunking it over people and drawing contact. He doesnt play like a MAN. I hate Scotty Hopson...Im glad he never got drafted..idiot should have stayed another year.

Anything else you want to cry about? Shut up. Scotty is doing fine get over it.

Reactions: 1 person

You hate Hopson? Did he hit on your girl? No reason to hate a player unless he did something to you personally.

You sure know how to honor thy Vols. Good grief.

Reactions: 2 people

Excuse me but, it doesn't seem to me like you are honoring one of our VOLS from the past.

Reactions: 2 people

If you are under age 16, I can understand your irrational commentary, particularly the "I hate Scotty Hopson" comment.

If you are older than that, I'm at a loss for words.

What the hell is this?

At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

Seriously? He should technically only be a few months out of HS graduation. Plus he doesnt have much help inside until Maymon gets back so he can be heavily focused on. Gimme a break dude, he will be a first rounder.

I don't see how you can say a guy is a bust that has only played one year of college ball and is shooting 57 percent from the field. He is the victim of double and triple teams and this will continue until some other players start hitting some outside shots. They are open because teams are always collapsing on him.

if Maymon was not hurt Stokes would be averaging a double double but now he is the primary focas for the defense cause there is no guards who can dribble and drive to the basket or that can shoot.

if Maymon was not hurt Stokes would be averaging a double double but now he is the primary focas for the defense cause there is no guards who can dribble and drive to the basket or that can shoot.

Maymon not being there shouldn't be keeping him from averaging double digit rebounds, that's lack of effort more than anything

Watch the last game?
There have been many elite post players that drew double and triple teams through their careers and still excelled.
Jarnell isn't doing the simple things like getting into position before the entry pass and keeping the ball off the floor.
And yes, our guards are a big part of the problem.
I look for a resurgence by Stokes in the next 2 games. He plays well against the cup cakes.
Hopefully his confidence comes back and he starts to learn from past mistakes.

Well, let's see.

1) He's 18 year old and expected to be the best player on the team.

2) His running mate is out right now and replaced by a consistent underachieving player.

3) The offensive strategy sucks.

4) The guards don't get him the ball when he's open.

5) When he gets the ball, he's doubled team and has to pass it, expect his teammates stand around like zombies.

6) He has to be the best rebounder on the team, even though he gets pushed around as much as anyone.

Just stop it.

Spot on :good!:

Watch the last game?
There have been many elite post players that drew double and triple teams through their careers and still excelled.
Jarnell isn't doing the simple things like getting into position before the entry pass and keeping the ball off the floor.
And yes, our guards are a big part of the problem.
I look for a resurgence by Stokes in the next 2 games. He plays well against the cup cakes.
Hopefully his confidence comes back and he starts to learn from past mistakes.

Yea the double triple team excuse is starting to get old. I do understand that he's technically a freshman or should be, but as you said, there's plenty of guys who have been doubled and still excel.

Yea the double triple team excuse is starting to get old. I do understand that he's technically a freshman or should be, but as you said, there's plenty of guys who have been doubled and still excel.

Lets please quit calling him a freshman. He is in his second season of college ball. He is physically larger than 80% of all other players. No excuse he is not averaging a double double.

Lets please quit calling him a freshman. He is in his second season of college ball. He is physically larger than 80% of all other players. No excuse he is not averaging a double double.

I'm with you, I was just saving the, he should be a freshman rebuttal. I've been probably one of his biggest critics this year, he's really disappointed this year, and last game was just horrid.

The thing really bothering me now is he's bit giving the effort anymore.

I'm with you, I was just saving the, he should be a freshman rebuttal. I've been probably one of his biggest critics this year, he's really disappointed this year, and last game was just horrid.

The thing really bothering me now is he's bit giving the effort anymore.

I still think there is more to it that we don't know.. Is it a girlfriend issue, Cam Clear getting in trouble, words with CCM? I have no idea but something just doesn't seem right.

I still think there is more to it that we don't know.. Is it a girlfriend issue, Cam Clear getting in trouble, words with CCM? I have no idea but something just doesn't seem right.

I agree, something going on behind the scenes seems likely. He just doesn't seem to be having fun, and he should be. Like I said before, watch him on the bench, last game he just sat there. Everyone around him is up cheering on their teammates, and he's just sitting there completely unemotional.

I agree, something going on behind the scenes seems likely. He just doesn't seem to be having fun, and he should be. Like I said before, watch him on the bench, last game he just sat there. Everyone around him is up cheering on their teammates, and he's just sitting there completely unemotional.

Any ideas on what the reason(s) might be? He was so enthusiastic when he came in last year. He has the size to dominate underneath and I hate to say it but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane this year. We all know he has the ability to play better but something is definitely not right.

Any ideas on what the reason(s) might be? He was so enthusiastic when he came in last year. He has the size to dominate underneath and I hate to say it but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane this year. We all know he has the ability to play better but something is definitely not right.

Honestly don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back