Biden cancels 6billion in student debt

Is the .gov actually loaning the money or is the money coming from the private sector with .gov backing/guarantee? A VA loan doesn’t come from the government it comes from a private lender, the government is just guaranteeing the lender will be made whole.
As I understand it, money comes direct from government, meaning tax payer, and the interest charge covers the debt service and handling.

I don't know where the actually money comes from in the student loans either.
Looked it up and it seems like it’s funded by congressional appropriations, but I’m still probably wrong because: government. I hadn’t considered the costs of administration and servicing the loans. Not sure what that costs but it’s probably significant.

Manly comes from those who had to work their way through school. It's called jealousy.
No, it's the fact student loan debt is being forgiven and those people now don't have to live up to their obligation. Others upheld their obligation to pay it back. Others worked their way through school. Others had to do both, take out loans and work. It's not jealousy, it's a double standard instituted by the .gov.

Its a lot of items that you and I don't participate in or condone that we are on the hook for. You do know that we are $33 trillion in debt right now... right? Did you or your children or your grandchildren sign up for that?

So you petty bedwetters are having a fit about an additional $6 billion going to relieve the debts of other Americans, but have no issue with open borders or $61 billion going to Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel?

If you think student loan debt relief is the final straw, you guys have no idea what is really going on in this country. $6 billion ain't diddly-squat.
Not true, Ras. A LOT of people have a problem with all of it because it's the lack of sincerity with regard to obligations, be it student loan debt, national debt and the evisceration of future generations that comes with that. Yet, we live in a world where we really don't get a say when it comes to the .gov acting independently of the people and not for them. You're correct though, student loan debt relief would likely by more accepted if the .gov hadn't already bent us and future generations over with $34T in debt.

No, it's the fact student loan debt is being forgiven and those people now don't have to live up to their obligation. Others upheld their obligation to pay it back. Others worked their way through school. Others had to do both, take out loans and work. It's not jealousy, it's a double standard instituted by the .gov.
Yes. I understand. Those that have paid are jealous of those who did not.

Yes I do...and yes, it is. If we collectively borrow $$$ then we need to repay it. Even though I did not vote for the majority of the azzholes that run the biggest deficits, and i dont think we should be sending billions and billions of dollars in "foreign aid" to other countries every year when we cannot even pay our own bills.
I just don't have a response to this. You really think your grandchildren, who were neither born nor voted for any of this should be on the hook...

You love 'Murica more than you do your descendents.

I am still an American...and America owes that money. Responsibility is rarely the easy choice. It takes work and honor....which is why the majority of the little sheitstains in this country never take responsibility for anything. Ever.
Well, if that is your stance, then YOU and your generation need to be responsible for paying this debt... not passing it on to you descendents. WTF kind of responsibility and accountability is this?

But here is the rub... because your children and grandchildren need those resources right now more than the debt holders. Loaning money carries the risk that the borrower cannot repay. So let the loan makers suffer the consequences of loaning money to a corrupt country. WTF does that have to do with your family?

So let me get this straight, you support holding your descendents accountable for debts they didn't agree to or vote for, but you don't see a reason for the creditors to assume ANY responsibility for sucking dry future generations?

You're correct though, student loan debt relief would likely by more accepted if the .gov hadn't already bent us and future generations over with $34T in debt.
I take the opposite stance. If we had balanced books and no debt, it would be a lot harder to sell debt forgiveness in this manner vs what we have now.

Again, we are not going to be able to repay the $33-34 trillion we already have now... so WTF difference does it make if we top it off with another $1.5 trillion?

The U.S. national debt is rising by $1 trillion about every 100 days

So we could wipe out student loan debt for what we are adding to the debt every 100 days.

You people hate fellow Americans more than you hate the people that are running the country into the ground.

Because we have to take care of you.
You really think you would survive without the farmers and ranchers who grow your food? Provide r materials you take for granted Let's play a game, let society collapse tomorrow...... Who needs who?

You really think you would survive without the farmers and ranchers who grow your food? Provide r materials you take for granted Let's play a game, let society collapse tomorrow...... Who needs who?
We all need each other, Bro.

Nonsense. He gets his food from the Whole Foods.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Not really, if it all collapses tomorrow ranchers survive, farmers survive. Their lives are better because of mutual benefits but make no mistake they don't need you......... But you need them.
Deepen your consciousness, Brother, All is One.

VN Store

Back