best thing you can do tomorrow? stay home

Not attending because you don't like the coach is akin to not attending your child's little league game because you don't like the coach. Who gets hurt?

Women's basketball is a Title IX sport and won't be cancelled or anything drastic like that. So there will be a team with a coach, and in the long run, declining attendance might convince an AD that when the time does come for a coaching change to spend LESS money on a new coach due to said declining attendance and revenue.

The average fan has little pull and maybe these options are better: 1)-Write/email the University President, AD, support staff, and BOT, 2)-Write/email the various media outlets, 3)-Organize with like-minded fans and start a petition (yeah, I know, but 20,000 signatures is better than an empty seat), 4)-Voice your disdain on the call-in radio shows, 5)-Call Holly herself. Leave a message and if you actually do talk to her tell her your concerns.

None of these options are ideal. Eventually an empty arena will get noticed and something will happen. But right now, the University has other reasons for the decline in attendance - an aging fan base - and staying away on We Back Pat night would signal that you don't back Pat and you don't back the players. As poor as the alternatives are, try one of the others first.

Reactions: 3 people
Not attending because you don't like the coach is akin to not attending your child's little league game because you don't like the coach. Who gets hurt?

Women's basketball is a Title IX sport and won't be cancelled or anything drastic like that. So there will be a team with a coach, and in the long run, declining attendance might convince an AD that when the time does come for a coaching change to spend LESS money on a new coach due to said declining attendance and revenue.

The average fan has little pull and maybe these options are better: 1)-Write/email the University President, AD, support staff, and BOT, 2)-Write/email the various media outlets, 3)-Organize with like-minded fans and start a petition (yeah, I know, but 20,000 signatures is better than an empty seat), 4)-Voice your disdain on the call-in radio shows, 5)-Call Holly herself. Leave a message and if you actually do talk to her tell her your concerns.

None of these options are ideal. Eventually an empty arena will get noticed and something will happen. But right now, the University has other reasons for the decline in attendance - an aging fan base - and staying away on We Back Pat night would signal that you don't back Pat and you don't back the players. As poor as the alternatives are, try one of the others first.

Thank you for the voice of reason . How immature, childish and disrespectful to "stay home ".
Go find something else to do besides troll this forum, OP.

Reactions: 3 people
I opt to go and back my lady vols in my normal spot....Unless of course, if Darth's vantage isn't closer to the bench,,, I might occupy that chair for him

Well you can always sit with us. We have to wave to gule tomorrow and you can help.

Where does Darth sit anyway?

Probably watching the game wearing my white hat:angry:.

I'll wave to you...just watch for when the cameras pan the arena. Can't miss me, wearing orange (proper shade with Lady Vols on it).

what size hat and where do I send it? :)

I think ya'll should start a white cowboy hat seating section just for fun. :p

what size hat and where do I send it? :)

The one I tried on at the Ms St game is just fine. Send it to me, and TO, CoachJ, and I will be the founders of the "LV White Hat Society". We'll even make you an honorary member.:dance2:

Boycotting a game IS NEVER THE ANSWER....really unwise advice...if you disagree with Holly being the coach call the AD office and voice your opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
I've cancelled my plans to attend tomorrow, I would suggest anyone else who cares about the future of the program do the same. Maybe we are stuck with Holly, and it probably doesn't change anything. But a crappy attendance for a nationally televised top 5 matchup, during We Back Pat Week, would be an embarrassing statement even the administration couldn't ignore as to the current dissatisfaction of the fanbase.

Trust me, you won't miss anything....

I agree with you 100% OP, at this point, the best thing for you is to stay home and show your displeasure. Besides you would be an embarrassment to the Pat Summitt legacy.

Reactions: 2 people

Attend the game and hold a We Back Pat sign and a Fire Holly sign.

Not attending because you don't like the coach is akin to not attending your child's little league game because you don't like the coach. Who gets hurt?...

Perfect analogy.

I am there to support my chosen program, first and foremost.

Except my kids aren't playing, little league coaches aren't paid, and admission is generally free and completely irrelevant to job security. But other than that it's exactly the same.

(yeah, I know, but 20,000 signatures is better than an empty seat)

But 20,000 empty seats is more effective than 20,000 signatures.

Eventually an empty arena will get noticed and something will happen.

Finally you've got the idea.

I've cancelled my plans to attend tomorrow, I would suggest anyone else who cares about the future of the program do the same. Maybe we are stuck with Holly, and it probably doesn't change anything. But a crappy attendance for a nationally televised top 5 matchup, during We Back Pat Week, would be an embarrassing statement even the administration couldn't ignore as to the current dissatisfaction of the fanbase.

Trust me, you won't miss anything....

You certainly have the right to dislike the coach, but not supporting the University and these young women who work diligently to support their University is not the best way to show that. I live over 400 miles from there, so I rarely get to go to any games, but I would try to if I lived in the area.

Reactions: 4 people
Anyone calling for a BOYCOTT of any Lady Vols basketball games is an Idiot, and sure as hell is not a true fan of University of Tennessee athletics in general.

This. Support is needed....not a boycott. Get behind the team, when they play good or bad and forget about your needs for self gratification. Support your Lady Vols.

Reactions: 6 people
Is that what you are getting for yourself? CoachJ may want one too.

And don't forget to return my hat you took away from the Ms St game. I miss it:cray:.

my old Justin hat is too old, sweat stained and funky for your purty little haid! You need a brand new one that all those around ya will wanna steal.. lol

my old Justin hat is too old, sweat stained and funky for your purty little haid! You need a brand new one that all those around ya will wanna steal.. lol

You're just trying to sweet talk me because you took MY HAT back to Florida.

I'll still wave to you ('cause I'm nice:blush:).

CoachJ, we may be late, hope to see you tomorrow.

VN Store

Back