Berry twins say they will play at same school

The Berry Twins will play the game like most recruits who want to have fun with the recruiting process as they should. You only get this time once.

However, with dad and brother in their ears, as well as, hearing the 107,000 plus vol fans chanting their name along with showing them the love/tradition, will be too much for the berry twins to turn their back on.

Kid yourself if needed, but these two will cross the GA line and join the Big Orange on Saturdays in the end! :yahoo:

This sorta "definitiveness" is what scares me. We all know what it's like to be a teenager. The last thing you want is to be predictable. You want to prove that you are your "own person", capable of making your own decisions, etc etc. I'm afraid that hearing for the next 2 years how they are definitely Vol locks may actually have an adverse effect on their decision.

This sorta "definitiveness" is what scares me. We all know what it's like to be a teenager. The last thing you want is to be predictable. You want to prove that you are your "own person", capable of making your own decisions, etc etc. I'm afraid that hearing for the next 2 years how they are definitely Vol locks may actually have an adverse effect on their decision.

Own person?? They're twins who said they wanna go to the same school together...so they can play on the same team...the way they've been doing their entire lives
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree, the amount of success we have will be a major factor, but for those saying that just cause Daddy and big brother came here don't mean they will. Not everyone wants to be in their parents, or siblings shadows. Bet if, Fulmer was not HC we wouldn't have seen EB. And I believe we were doing better back when we were recruiting him

These kids would be Kings here at UT. I mean from the get go they will be loved by all. I would love to get a pipeline of Berrys' through here like the Colquitts. These kids are "must get" kids. I'm sure we will be in the top 2 for sure. Chavis is the only thing that scares me down there. Thats who EB loved!

Absolutely nothing to base my opinion on, but I think we'll get them if 2011 and 2012 give some reason for optimism in the future.

I don't really see why some think they would follow friends to a school , but not a brother and father. Geno and Holsey will likely be juniors when they start playing college ball. They can say Eric and James want them to make a choice for themselves... but I'm not buying it. Especially not with James. I can see Eric not pushing a kid to Tennessee that isn't family , but Eric has to know that we didn't really go after JH. I have seen the articles where Holsey has said Eric didn't try to sell him on Tennessee. That sounds like the right thing to say when Tennessee wasn't after you. But a few months back Eric was tweeting that we needed to give Holsey an offer. His tweet was something like "Tennessee needs to hurry up and offer Holsey , what the hell yall waitin for , every school in the country has". Truth was he actually only had one offer at the time. My point is , I believe Eric says more than people think. If our lack of interest in Holsey turns out to be the reason the twins don't come here , that is a lame excuse. Tennessee can't hand a ship to everyone Eric is friends with. I know it helps and personally , I had hoped that Holsey would be a Vol. It just didn't workout for whatever reason.

And Chavisut makes a great point. They can put on a different uniform , but they will always be in the shadow of Eric and James. Do you think people forgot that Eli was related to Peyton? I also remember seeing film of Archie during alot of Tennessee games when Peyton was here. You can't get away from that. It will follow you for the rest of your career.

Last edited:
In the end, I think these guys will be Vols. The point is, it is not a certainty. It's too early to get worked up about this.

The important thing to note here is that whomever lands them is getting both.

The fear is perception will not become reality because the people in this case don't want to be percieved.....

Side note; in the movie Somewhere Chris Ponius from Jackass wears a Vols shirt bout halfway through the movie. To bad its a gay movie
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As far as the twins, even if they say now that they'll play at the same school, there's still a lot of time. I don't see any reason to take that as a guarantee that they will, even if there's a very good chance.

Last edited:
As far as the twins, even if they say no they'll play at the same school, there's still a lot of time. I don't see any reason to take that as a guarantee that they will, even if there's a very good chance.

I don't see them playing at different schools.

is it sad that these two playing together in orange is probably the thing i am most looking forward to about UT football?

I don't see them playing at different schools.
I agree it's unlikely, but I was thinking that you never know what will happen in a couple years. Maybe one of them will love a certain school and the other won't really want to play there. What do you think about our chances at landing them?

is it sad that these two playing together in orange is probably the thing i am most looking forward to about UT football?

Yes because you have a lot more to be excited about before that will happen, like the SEC East Title in 2012 and the SEC and National Title in 2013!:rock::rock:

I agree it's unlikely, but I was thinking that you never know what will happen in a couple years. Maybe one of them will love a certain school and the other won't really want to play there. What do you think about our chances at landing them?

99.9999999% they come to Tennessee.

VN Store

Back