Beauty and the Beast (March 17, 2017)

We ate at Be Our Guest at Disney this past Christmas...I got up at 3am 6 months ahead of our trip because it sells out so quickly..huge bill but it was worth it cause it knocked an item off wife's bucket list..she got to meet The Beast and have her pic with him...and of course we had the grey stuff :)

I heard the grey stuff is cookies and cream?

Apparently Watson's singing voice is a weak link; I've read she was clearly auto-tuned.

Apparently Watson's singing voice is a weak link; I've read she was clearly auto-tuned.

Yeah, I posted that above.

Here is the link where you can obviously hear it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ENUYTXlJg[/youtube]

How about we cast people who can sing in musicals? Ryan Gosling in La La Land was atrocious in an otherwise great movie.

There is so much freaking amazing talent out there and Disney doesn't need Emma Watson to sell this movie.

Reactions: 4 people
How about we cast people who can sing in musicals? Ryan Gosling in La La Land was atrocious in an otherwise great movie.

There is so much freaking amazing talent out there and Disney doesn't need Emma Watson to sell this movie.

She was all wrong for the part in the first place. Aside from her singing, well...to put it bluntly, she's not pretty enough to be Belle. She's cute in that girl next door sort of way but Belle is supposed to be gorgeous. This was another classic case where Disney went with a name instead of someone actually right for the part.

She was all wrong for the part in the first place. Aside from her singing, well...to put it bluntly, she's not pretty enough to be Belle. She's cute in that girl next door sort of way but Belle is supposed to be gorgeous. This was another classic case where Disney went with a name instead of someone actually right for the part.

That is just an opinion though. A lot of people(I don't get it either)are really into her.

Does anyone remember the controversy of the original that some of the female characters showed too much cleavage?

Funny how times have changed.

Yep..people get upset that a gay guy plays a straight dude and a straight dude has gay feelings for a straight dude played by a gay guy.

I actually disagree with this. To each his own I guess, but I thought Emma Watson nailed the role.

And personally I think she is extremely good looking. Maybe that just stems from the Harry Potter crush, but she looked better in this movie than I've ever seen her look.

Reactions: 1 person

Emma Watson was actually offered Emma Stone's role in La La Land but turned it down to do Beauty and The Beast.

My Rating: 4.5/5

I finally went and saw this yesterday and surprisingly I thought it was really good. I'm not a big fan of musicals but I really enjoyed it.

It's probably been 20 years or better since I had seen the animated version in it's entirety. I'll also say that I maybe didn't have the same affection for the animated film as some as I was around 11yo when it was it was first released.

I did tear up a bit during the "Be Our Guest" and the "Beauty and the Beast" dance.

I did have a few problems with it.
1.) It took me a good 45 minutes to get over thinking "Why is Hermione singing & Cosplaying Belle? LOL
2.) The ending. Something about it seemed off to me. Like they really weren't sure how they wanted to do the final scenes.
3.) The CGI at times especially when it came to the Beast didn't seem quite done especially in the brightly lit scenes. It didn't quite look as polished as it should have been.

Overall though I can't wait to check this out again in High Definition on Blu-ray (which I've already pre-orderd) as good as they were on the big screen I'm expecting the colors to just be exceptional and pop off the screen in HD.

Sounded fine to me

It can be hard to recognize if you're not used to it. It's one of those things where once you hear it and recognize it you'll be able to pick it out anywhere.

For instance, in the clip that I posted when she sings the word "adventure" it's like you don't hear the full annunciation of the word because it's been so digitally altered. Like they've removed a fraction of the word so it doesn't even sound like a human said it. Also, pay attention to when she sings the word "white". All the bits where you hear singing in the video it sounds like she did it through one of those old 1920's microphones.

I actually disagree with this. To each his own I guess, but I thought Emma Watson nailed the role.

And personally I think she is extremely good looking. Maybe that just stems from the Harry Potter crush, but she looked better in this movie than I've ever seen her look.

She was apparently hacked recently and some photos of her in lingerie as well as a couple short video clips of her in the bathtub were leaked.

Last edited:
Beauty and the Beast will be released on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital this coming Tuesday June 6th!

Standard Packaging! (Great looking Slipcover)

Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook.

Target Exclusive 32 page Storybook/Digibook.

Attachments

• 169928_frontg.jpg
    169928_frontg.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 175940_slipback.jpg
    175940_slipback.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 170826_front.jpg
    170826_front.jpg