Battlefield 5 (Full reveal on 05/06/2016)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP0rRc6QS-Q[/youtube]

Skip to 4:30 if you want to just see the main focus of the video lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad to hear that MGs and SMGs are inaccurate on the run and at medium/long distances (although most of the footage I've seen shows people mowing down enemies with fully auto weapons).

I hate spray and pray gameplay. That's why I mostly avoided the newer BF games. Love bolt-action rifles and slightly slower-paced battles with more care taken in approaching enemies and a greater emphasis on accuracy.

I'm in the Alpha right now, pretty cool. You can see your team members through walls (a sort of outline) which is helpful. Graphics are great.

I hate you

Hey what can I say been playing Battlefield since 2002.

Someone in game commented this was Star Wars Battlefront with new skins. That was actually a accurate description.

Hopping on planes as a gunner is fun, especially when you switch positions..kind of funny. Looking forward to the naval combat. Oh yeah..you can get gassed as well.

Last edited:
Hey what can I say been playing Battlefield since 2002.

Someone in game commented this was Star Wars Battlefront with new skins. That was actually a accurate description.

Hopping on planes as a gunner is fun, especially when you switch positions..kind of funny. Looking forward to the naval combat. Oh yeah..you can get gassed as well.
BF:Vietnam for me

Most fun I've had with the BF series was the original 1942 game and it's many mods.

Reactions: 1 person
Most fun I've had with the BF series was the original 1942 game and it's many mods.

I liked normal battlefield 1942, but the Desert Combat mod was awesome. Straffing and carpet bombing with an A-10, Basrah maps, great stuff.

This new BF1 I don't feel will have much staying power. Its WW1..options are pretty limited with what you can do. Everything is iron sights. Reviving someone is kind cool, you stab them with a needle. You can get gassed. They have fog which makes doing anything in an airplane impossible. The airplanes are fun but again its WW1..They have a zeppelin that gets deployed when a team is getting hammered..call in artillery strikes with it. You can repair your own vehicles but while you repair you can't do anything (like fly level..)

We only get one map to play and the tickets go up to 200. Games are only 20 minutes..but it's Alpha so I am sure there will be a lot of tweaks.

I'd like to see them allow modding again. The way it was with BF1942 was awesome, people created their own maps, game conversions (Desert Combat)..it was fun.

Oh yeah and one thing that annoys the hell out of me is a voice tells you when you lose a flag on the map..but they dont say Alpha, Bravo, or Charlie. Its Apple, Banana, Coffee...

I liked normal battlefield 1942, but the Desert Combat mod was awesome. Straffing and carpet bombing with an A-10, Basrah maps, great stuff.

This new BF1 I don't feel will have much staying power. Its WW1..options are pretty limited with what you can do. Everything is iron sights. Reviving someone is kind cool, you stab them with a needle. You can get gassed. They have fog which makes doing anything in an airplane impossible. The airplanes are fun but again its WW1..They have a zeppelin that gets deployed when a team is getting hammered..call in artillery strikes with it. You can repair your own vehicles but while you repair you can't do anything (like fly level..)

We only get one map to play and the tickets go up to 200. Games are only 20 minutes..but it's Alpha so I am sure there will be a lot of tweaks.

I'd like to see them allow modding again. The way it was with BF1942 was awesome, people created their own maps, game conversions (Desert Combat)..it was fun.

Oh yeah and one thing that annoys the hell out of me is a voice tells you when you lose a flag on the map..but they dont say Alpha, Bravo, or Charlie. Its Apple, Banana, Coffee...
There was no standard phonetic alphabet during the first world war

VN Store

Back