Battlefield 5 (Full reveal on 05/06/2016)

Those of you who play this game a lot, what's your favorite gun?

As Dancing Outlaw said, if you like shotguns the Model 10 slug is pretty good. Same with the Model 10 factory. Shotguns are powerful in this game. Range is a bit ridiculous.

Support class- If I'm laying back a little I like the MG15 suppressive. 200 rounds and if you don't care about having a lot of zoom, knock it down as low as it goes and the recoil is almost non-existant when on the bipod. You can block off choke points by yourself no help needed. Even if you're not using the bipod it's still very manageable.

The BAR is ideal if you want to run support but be on the frontline of combat. Fast rate of fire gives it the(now) second quickest ttk in the support class in close range. The chauchat(new weapon) has the fastest inside of 20m. After that it's the BAR.

Assault- I use either the Hellriegel or Automatico. Hellriegel is great short to medium range. The Automatico is a beast in close range.

Medic- No bad weapons. None that really stand out for me though either. The 1907 sweeper is the only automatic weapon I think.

Scout- I rarely run scout, but when I do I use one of the ironsight weapons.

Good site if you ever want to compare weapons.... http://symthic.com/bf1-stats

As Dancing Outlaw said, if you like shotguns the Model 10 slug is pretty good. Same with the Model 10 factory. Shotguns are powerful in this game. Range is a bit ridiculous.

Support class- If I'm laying back a little I like the MG15 suppressive. 200 rounds and if you don't care about having a lot of zoom, knock it down as low as it goes and the recoil is almost non-existant when on the bipod. You can block off choke points by yourself no help needed. Even if you're not using the bipod it's still very manageable.

The BAR is ideal if you want to run support but be on the frontline of combat. Fast rate of fire gives it the(now) second quickest ttk in the support class in close range. The chauchat(new weapon) has the fastest inside of 20m. After that it's the BAR.

Assault- I use either the Hellriegel or Automatico. Hellriegel is great short to medium range. The Automatico is a beast in close range.

Medic- No bad weapons. None that really stand out for me though either. The 1907 sweeper is the only automatic weapon I think.

Good post. Thanks Deeble.

Cei rigotti optical can be set to select fire. I like that or the sweeper for medic.

Cei rigotti optical can be set to select fire. I like that or the sweeper for medic.

Those are the two I like for medic as well. The Cei Rigotti for longer, more open maps and sweeper for the closer maps with the panic moments. The new RSC is pretty nice too. Two shot kill at optimal ranges. I find I get a lot of clean-up one shot kills with it.

Tried again to get the weapons unlocked for recon. Five headshots with 1895 sniper in a round, no big deal even though I hate sniping. Got six or seven pretty quick since we were outnumbered 26-16 or something so I went to the menu to check my progress. 0/5. Lol. Spot assists and periscope assists aren't registering either, even though I had already completed these tasks. I know other people have unlocked those guns so it must be working for some.

Tried again to get the weapons unlocked for recon. Five headshots with 1895 sniper in a round, no big deal even though I hate sniping. Got six or seven pretty quick since we were outnumbered 26-16 or something so I went to the menu to check my progress. 0/5. Lol. Spot assists and periscope assists aren't registering either, even though I had already completed these tasks. I know other people have unlocked those guns so it must be working for some.

Haven't tried the Scout ones yet but didn't have any problems with the two Medic and one Support ones I've unlocked. Well, no problems other than my own self-inflicted issues (aiming).

Haven't tried the Scout ones yet but didn't have any problems with the two Medic and one Support ones I've unlocked. Well, no problems other than my own self-inflicted issues (aiming).

I got the Chauchat basic on support, but pretty much after I got that things started disappearing. Lost my 15 Mercie kills, lost my mortar kills, lost my spot/periscope assists, etc. and I can't start them again.

Finally played with my friend for several hours tonight on my new PC and with my new gaming mouse (Logitech G303). What a difference.

The game is absolutely gorgeous with maxed out settings, and it's so much easier to see what's going on. The mouse also made a huge difference. I was using a crappy wireless Microsoft mouse before. I'm so much more accurate with the new one.

Ended up actually taking the top score out of both teams (full 32vs32) in my second to last match.

Finally played with my friend for several hours tonight on my new PC and with my new gaming mouse (Logitech G303). What a difference.

The game is absolutely gorgeous with maxed out settings, and it's so much easier to see what's going on. The mouse also made a huge difference. I was using a crappy wireless Microsoft mouse before. I'm so much more accurate with the new one.

Ended up actually taking the top score out of both teams (full 32vs32) in my second to last match.
It's a nice looking game and much more fun than people give it credit for, imo.

I wish I could max out my settings. Also wish I could use keyboard/mouse worth a crap. I play with an Xbox controller on pc. BF1 is a lot easier for controller users than hardline was though.

I wish I could max out my settings. Also wish I could use keyboard/mouse worth a crap. I play with an Xbox controller on pc. BF1 is a lot easier for controller users than hardline was though.

Yeah, I grew up playing FPS on PC. Started with Doom and Half Life 1, so I got used to mouse and keyboard early.

My friend, on the other hand, is like you. He can use the mouse to aim but can't use WASD for movement to save his life. So he ended up having to go back to a controller. He gets by with it pretty well even on PC, though (probably due to having thousands of hours on CoD on console).

After the last update I got my spot and periscope assists back, so that's helpful. Did another round to get the 15 Mercie kills, mission accomplished. Next round loads, 0/15. Lol. Maybe the next update will help or maybe I have to get the mortar kills done first and then the 15 Mercie kills. Either way not that interested in wasting more time on it.

Yeah, I grew up playing FPS on PC. Started with Doom and Half Life 1, so I got used to mouse and keyboard early.

My friend, on the other hand, is like you. He can use the mouse to aim but can't use WASD for movement to save his life. So he ended up having to go back to a controller. He gets by with it pretty well even on PC, though (probably due to having thousands of hours on CoD on console).

Yeah I started out on Doom and duke nukem,etc, but I played way more console after that. I use controller until I'm in a vehicle with a gun or something like that, then I switch to mouse.

VN Store

Back