Bama's new coach named - Kalen DeBoer

"Kalen" is an Irish name meaning "slender."

"deBoer" is a Dutch name meaning, "the farmer."

So Kalen DeBoer is, by name, a skinny farmer.

He's gonna blend right in with all the emaciated meth-smoking redneck clodhoppers in Tuscaloosa.

Go Vols!

Along those same lines, the tooth-to-cranium ratio in Tuskaloosa is likely similar to the T.T.C. ratio in the drug dens of Seattle, so at least he'll see some familiar sights in the new locale.

Hopefully we're not arguing, friend. Just discussing Tennessee football.

Though I do think you're way off base about how Josh Heupel's doing. I think his future looks very bright. And I think Donde has done a fine job, and continues to.
Wow I never typed one word about CJH. Everything I have said was simply about admin not understanding what it takes to have a winning program and to simply learn from other winning programs and that we have many years of proof. For the record I think CJH is probably the guy to stabilize the program and what he may be able to do is yet to be seen. I hope he does well.. how you came up with that is amazing.

Wow I never typed one word about CJH. Everything I have said was simply about admin not understanding what it takes to have a winning program and to simply learn from other winning programs and that we have many years of proof. For the record I think CJH is probably the guy to stabilize the program and what he may be able to do is yet to be seen. I hope he does well.. how you came up with that is amazing.
Ah, okay, my bad.

So who is CKJH if not Coach ____ Josh Heupel?

With CKJH future not looking good we may see another search soon.

That's why I misunderstood you. Thought you typo'd CJH.

p.s. Hey, maybe dial down the anger a bit. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to understand you. Okay?

Last edited:
Coach Kellie Jolly Harper
Ah.

Don't follow basketball much. But I thought the Lady Vols were on a streak of wins lately. Why the anticipation she's about to get fired?

That question is to midtnvol, Athens. He seems to believe she's about to be canned, I guess.

Weren’t posters saying basically the same thing aout Heupel when we hired him. A new coach is always a gamble. Some are high risk and some are smaller risk, but still risky.

I do feel kind of bad for Washington. They now have 3 QBs that have entered the portal and are left with one on the roster. A 2023 recruit and I don’t think he saw any action this past year. I guess that means they will fit in nicely with the Big 10 or whatever they are called.
Sounds like he left town at the right time

I think it's a great hire. The interesting part will be if Gumps can stomach anything less than Saban. As much as I hate Saban he had what is probably the greatest run in the history of college football. The first time DeBoer loses more than once in a regular season they will burn Tuscaloosa down. I could see them firing him after a 9 win season (memories of Nebraska firing Solich come to mind). If he doesn't win 95% of his games they will be incensensed. I really hope it's an epic meltdown because I'm ready to watch those arrogant pricks remember what falling into mediocrity is like.

Bama is going to pull a Auburn/Bryan Harsin as soon as he has 2 losses and a 6th ranked recruiting class.

Hope that dude got a Jimbo buyout.

I think it's a great hire. The interesting part will be if Gumps can stomach anything less than Saban. As much as I hate Saban he had what is probably the greatest run in the history of college football. The first time DeBoer loses more than once in a regular season they will burn Tuscaloosa down. I could see them firing him after a 9 win season (memories of Nebraska firing Solich come to mind). If he doesn't win 95% of his games they will be incensensed. I really hope it's an epic meltdown because I'm ready to watch those arrogant pricks remember what falling into mediocrity is like.
I hope you will be able to use this joke someday: How many gumps does it take to change a lightbulb? One. The other hundred thousand or so stand around telling you how good the old lightbulb was.

Looks like we're gonna get wall to wall coverage of DeBoer's daily activities on all the ESPNs through the 2024 season and on here also. It appears Bama has hired the next great coach in the history of football. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Looks like we're gonna get wall to wall coverage of DeBoer's daily activities on all the ESPNs through the 2024 season and on here also. It appears Bama has hired the next great coach in the history of football. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
ESPN needs stuff to talk about. It's the off-season.

Folks here, too.

It's just human nature. No one is crowning the guy Nick Saban II; they're just curious to see how it will play out.

You can bet money ESPN is doing the same with Belichick and Carroll on the NFL pages of their website. As well as Taylor Swift's latest appearance in a stadium. And it's not even the NFL off-season yet.

When ESPN was bought by Disney, their senior executives went from believing good sports coverage sells, to believing drama sells. So now that is 50%+ of what you hear on air, even sometimes during games and 80%+ of what you read on their web pages.

*shrug*

Go Vols!

Last edited:
WTF does this have to do with Vol football 🤬 I’ve tried to hold off. Some really obsessed and infatuated with Alabama football more than vol football and it’s showing.
Well, I don’t know how to tell you this….. but a lot. Coaching hires of other SEC team can impact us very much in the grand scheme.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It’s 2024 I don’t think it really matters if you’re from the f’ing south, North, East or West. If you’re a good coach you will win . If you’re not you’ll lose. How many coaches have we had from the f’ing south that sucked sewer balls. I know I can name a few . I don’t care where the guy is from just fricking win. At least be in it every year with a chance. All i ask for is two playoff appearances every 5 years in the 12 team format. That he is not from the SEC **** don’t matter any more. Not going to my death bed still living in the North vs South **** that happened HUNDREDS of years ago. WTF!
Did you just reference a civil war? Lol

Reactions: TheFlash1971
I live in the PNW and Bama got themselves a good coach. Will he be great? Don't know but following Saban won't be easy. I will point out that while Washignton was a great team they had a bit of a HH year. Penix coming in and playing lights out made this UW team play well above their actual talent level. A couple of great WRs didn't hurt either.

Time will tell but I would expect Bama to take a half step back this year. If they don't then DeBoer will likely be living up to the hype.

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
I’m surprised Washington didn’t hire Ryan Grubb to replace him. Grubb has been a huge part of DeBoer’s success at every stop.

Kinda sucks for us that KD will be able to bring Grubb to Alabama, but I bet he gets a HC job soon. Then, it’ll be interesting to see how KD can perform without Grubb.

In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if Grubb got a different HC offer at some point this offseason, although I don’t know how many schools still need a Head Coach.

I believe he is a really good coach, record speaks for itself.

However, in my mind, there have only been 2 home run hires in college football coaching in the last 25 years, Saban and Urb. Question will be will Bama fans throw a rock through his office window if he looses his only game to Auburn (Bill Curry)?

Reactions: Jaswatzell
No one will live up to what Saban did there. This guy has won everywhere he's been, but he hasn't felt heat like he will in toothlessville. Just wait til this guy loses 2 or 3 games in a season.. He'll probably rethink his career move..
Sept. 28Georgia
He’ll feel the heat after losing to GA in week 4

Reactions: Cartervol
Washington played 8 one score games this year. Those dont all go your way in the SEC like they do against Utah, OSU, Wash state, Oregon (twice), Arizona, Arizona State, Texas. He could have just as easily lost three or 4 of those. It will be interesting to see if easier competition and Penix made him or if he made Penix.
Yep, with SEC reffing and him not being Saban close games are hard to pull out, they may even throw a once in a lifetime flag of a front lineman raising his hand above his shoulder on a kickoff. It's different especially for an outsider didn't work out for Harsin but did for Urban. This guy really just had 3 years at major Universities 1 year at a G5 & 2years at Washington rest as assistant and HC at Sioux City I think a D11 School which I had never heard of., so we shall see how it works out.

VN Store

Back