Bama swag in Fayetteville Tn.

Awesome!!! Great to hear that!!!
I don't get to Huntsville often but I definitely have not seen any Tennessee stuff at Walmart down there. I used to see quite a bit at Hibbets but haven't been to one in a long time since we have one in Fayetteville now.

Not surprising... Lincoln County's football coach (Louis Thompson) - during their heyday - played for Bear Bryant. Pretty nice guy for a gumper I have to admit.

Reactions: HammondB3Vol
Had to make a quick trip to Fayetteville today. Had as much Alabama swag as they did Tennessee in the Walmart. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Yes I realize it’s just over the state line but you won’t see Tennessee stuff in Alabama Walmarts
Has been that way for years..... My entire 26 years living between the big city and the state line for half and then moving to Guntersville saw way too much Bama stuff north of the border. Of course you have to remember that Nashville TV was weak and they got Huntsville TV primarily and they gained a lot of ground during the Bear years. Lots of Golden Flake commercials. On top of that both championship coaches at LCHS came across the border after years in Huntsville, and my favorite, Louis Thompson played for the legend. But I really liked and respected his methods. Oddly the two biggest SEC talents of that era went to Auburn. On the flip side I found a solid base of Vols in Guntersville after the move. Do like living in the shadows of Neyland since my return better.

Has been that way for years..... My entire 26 years living between the big city and the state line for half and then moving to Guntersville saw way too much Bama stuff north of the border. Of course you have to remember that Nashville TV was weak and they got Huntsville TV primarily and they gained a lot of ground during the Bear years. Lots of Golden Flake commercials. On top of that both championship coaches at LCHS came across the border after years in Huntsville, and my favorite, Louis Thompson played for the legend. But I really liked and respected his methods. Oddly the two biggest SEC talents of that era went to Auburn. On the flip side I found a solid base of Vols in Guntersville after the move. Do like living in the shadows of Neyland since my return better.
Hopefully I can get out of Alabubba land in about 17 months.

Reactions: smokeymon
I went to middle school at Flintville back in the mid 80's
A good bet you had my wife as a teacher. Principal Joe Vann was my nearest neighbor. If you were one of those that rolled my yard back in the day this should identify her. I ran the clock for FB games for several years.

Do you remember a decade or so ago when 104.3 WZYP played Tennessee games and those Bama fans went nuts?

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
Can we come up with some legislation to give Fayetteville to Alabama ? Sounds like they deserve each other.
I would be completely against that. I work in Huntsville but live just inside the TN state line with a Fayetteville address. I could not get myself to move somewhere that had an AL address, so when I moved from Winchester to get closer, we purposely stayed in TN and I drive there.

Reactions: HammondB3Vol
Not surprising... Lincoln County's football coach (Louis Thompson) - during their heyday - played for Bear Bryant. Pretty nice guy for a gumper I have to admit.
He and Mrs Peggy are great people. In fact I saw them this evening at a restaurant in town. Of course I had my Vols shirt on. BThey wouldn't expect any less from me.

Reactions: StarRaider
I graduated from Huntland in 82. Lived in Elora off Limestone Road and John Hunter Highway.
Wife grew up literally across the road from Elora baseball field home plate in that stone house.

Thought your Elora days were mid 80’s. You just missed the wife as she started in 81 at Flintville. But you probably knew my favorite Aunt by marriage who worked around the school, in fact still subs in her mid 80’s. Her husband was in the same backfield with JOHNNY in the Huntland glory years.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Wife grew up literally across the road from Elora baseball field home plate in that stone house.

Thought your Elora days were mid 80’s. You just missed the wife as she started in 81 at Flintville. But you probably knew my favorite Aunt by marriage who worked around the school, in fact still subs in her mid 80’s. Her husband was in the same backfield with JOHNNY in the Huntland glory years.
My older half-brother used to own the old Elora store and one of the Huntland stores. His son (nephew) ran it for a while too until they sold them.

VN Store

Back