Bama swag in Fayetteville Tn.

Had to make a quick trip to Fayetteville today. Had as much Alabama swag as they did Tennessee in the Walmart. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Yes I realize it’s just over the state line but you won’t see Tennessee stuff in Alabama Walmarts
You will if we start beating them regularly. Winning and money talks. I've seen UT gear in both Walmart and Cracker Barrel in KY. At a Walmart out west years back.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, bama fans only shop at Walmart…
Here now! You cut that out! Shopping at Walmart isn't bad if you happen to not like good products.
PSSSTTT! Vols fan, want to have some fun? Get some 2'X2' magnetic Vols decals. When you see a vehicle sporting Bama stuff, slap the decal onto the back of their vehicle and go merrily on your way.

Reactions: Flipdaddy
Well, Franklin County, Tennessee seceded from the State of Tennessee and joined Alabama (I think for 3 days?) when Tennessee was slow to join the Confederate Movement. That's why, when a new high school was built in 1950, we became the Franklin County Rebels.
I did not know that

I did not know that
Here's something else you might not know. Davy Crockett wasn't born in Tennessee. At the time Franklin actually belonged to North Caroline. They voted to become a nascent state. But later on down the road, they just couldn't cope it, I think they either lost residents or it was being unable to tax support infrastructure. So a piece of NC was used to form the state of Tennessee. Hmmm, means we're all clandestinely Tar Heels and not Vols???? Poor Davy.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
His run ended when everybody can get money to their players without consequence. How man years did we hear Saban talking about development is why everybody went to Bama, but social media showed Tide players riding around in hemi Chargers and with a spray of hundred dollar bills in cash.
And tailored suits.

Had to make a quick trip to Fayetteville today. Had as much Alabama swag as they did Tennessee in the Walmart. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Yes I realize it’s just over the state line but you won’t see Tennessee stuff in Alabama Walmarts
I live on the border as well, not in Fayetteville though, but I have seen Vols gear in Athens, AL Walmart. It’s an account I call on and the last time I was going in, the first person I passed coming out had on a Vols hat and I gave him a “GO VOLS” and he smiled and give me one back.

I ask bammer fans I see around here in east TN the same question: " So you're a huge bama fan right, been one your whole life I'd assume.. so quick trivia question, who was the last head coach to win a natty at Bama before Nick Saban and what year was it?" About 95% percent do not know! You get answers like "he won one at LSU right?" or "uhhhh Bear Bryant?"
Who is gene Stallings 1992 vs miami, dubose then the shula debacle
I'm answering for a friend

Last edited:
I spend most of my time now in Murphy (NC) and commute to TN for work a few days per week. Here it is really some odd dynamics in fandom, many of the native locals here are either TN or UGA fans, but the influx of Floridians over the past few decades has lead to a lot of UF, UM and FSU swag. I’ve noticed the “locals” act relieved to discover I’m a native Tennessean and not what many of them refer to as “Floridiots”. I understand there is the same sentiment in Blue Ridge and Blairsville GA only 20 miles away.

But nobody here seems to be UNC or Duke fans, except the BBall die hards.

It's going to be so much fun to watch them crumble with Saban gone.
You say that but don’t be surprised if they don’t miss a beat. It seems that Alabama is the luckiest program in the world. Two ……TWO goats in my lifetime. That’s crazy!!! I saw where dubor enacted a no cursing theme on the practice field. Fulmer did the same thing around 2005. That was a weird scene.

You say that but don’t be surprised if they don’t miss a beat. It seems that Alabama is the luckiest program in the world. Two ……TWO goats in my lifetime. That’s crazy!!! I saw where dubor enacted a no cursing theme on the practice field. Fulmer did the same thing around 2005. That was a weird scene.
That's just BVS talking. There was 25 years between Bear and Saban. They were pretty awful some of that time too. Fulmer absolutely owned them. Even Bama tinted history says them "not skipping a beat" is very unlikely.

It may not be a sudden fall. But they are going to spiral. Even if the new guy is good he won't be as good as Saban and will probably get fired becasue it. College football is changing and they can't $100 handshake their way to championships anymore.

It's a brave new world and Tennessee appears to be out in front of it for once.

Last edited:
I like it. Provide jobs and sales tax revenue for Tennessee.

There is a Pilot about 15 miles North of Mobile that we always stop at going and coming from Biloxi. Love to see the rednecks pumping gas and buying food and merchandise providing the Haslams(then not now) with more money to give to UT.

I live in Huntsville.................theres Tennessee stuff in Walmarts here.

I live on the border as well, not in Fayetteville though, but I have seen Vols gear in Athens, AL Walmart. It’s an account I call on and the last time I was going in, the first person I passed coming out had on a Vols hat and I gave him a “GO VOLS” and he smiled and give me one back.
That's pretty close to Fayetteville.

That was me

Here's something else you might not know. Davy Crockett wasn't born in Tennessee. At the time Franklin actually belonged to North Caroline. They voted to become a nascent state. But later on down the road, they just couldn't cope it, I think they either lost residents or it was being unable to tax support infrastructure. So a piece of NC was used to form the state of Tennessee. Hmmm, means we're all clandestinely Tar Heels and not Vols???? Poor Davy.

Off topic but in High School (Huntland), we use to party right next to Polly Crocket's grave near Maxwell Old Salem.

We were respectful though.

VN Store

Back