Baltimore question

Is Baltimore a dangerous and filthy place?

• Yes

Votes: 108 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Most of the time if I was driving over this bridge, it was because I was heading to Dundalk to dine at the best crab house in the Baltimore area: Costas Inn.

Unreal this monster collapsed in a matter of seconds.

Costas Inn is the tits. Nothing comes close.

Reactions: DC_Vol
This is interesting. We have your real world experience against my belief bureaucracy will grind the money to a glacial pace.

How long for insurance to pay out?
The investigation will have to be completed which in my only experience with the coast guard was over a month and it was a fairly simple case. There were will be competing allegations of negligence between ship owner and harbor pilot and computations of the value of the vessel and cargo.

Likely, the insurance companies implicated will have a presuit mediation involving all parties within a year and the matter will get resolved.

The investigation will have to be completed which in my only experience with the coast guard was over a month and it was a fairly simple case. There were will be competing allegations of negligence between ship owner and harbor pilot and computations of the value of the vessel and cargo.

Likely, the insurance companies implicated will have a presuit mediation involving all parties within a year and the matter will get resolved.
By March 26, 2025 the insurance will be done with their portion. Correct?

By March 26, 2025 the insurance will be done with their portion. Correct?

That would be my guess, but I have no idea how long the investigation will take. The government's slow churn will be the fly in the ointment.

The insurance companies want to settle, at least in Florida, because they are scared of bad faith. If they unreasonably fail to tender timely the insurance company can be liable for damage in excess of the policy limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Loss of business for the port will be devastating as well. Could also impact inflation and supply chain negativity too. It is one of the busiest East Coast ports isn’t it?
This is just a mess Top to bottom and it apparently all stems from a ship owner not keeping a ship in proper working order. Proving that in court, as you point out, will not be as straightforward as common sense would seem to dictate
Going to definitely impact global supply chains and the other east coast ports.

Lot of cars go through that port. Look for the price of cars to go up in the interim.

This incident wasn’t caused by Black people at all and now there are like 5 different racist weirdo storylines about it, we are not in a good place

Going to definitely impact global supply chains and the other east coast ports.

Lot of cars go through that port. Look for the price of cars to go up in the interim.
A couple of Navy fast logistics ships are trapped.

Who is driving race theory in every stupid imaginable way? Highways and math are racist
Oh I know brother.

I’m just agreeing we are not in a good place. There was a time we would rally and come together after an event like this. That’s not happening right now. And no one is expecting it to happen.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Oh I know brother.

I’m just agreeing we are not in a good place. There was a time we would rally and come together after an event like this. That’s not happening right now. And no one is expecting it to happen.
Yea, I caught the bolded, just reinforcing the irony of labeling everything racist, yet when it doesnt fit their agenda it is only then non-sense.

Yea, I caught the bolded, just reinforcing the irony of labeling everything racist, yet when it doesnt fit their agenda it is only then non-sense.
This is explicitly racist. The "DEI mayor" stuff was explicitly racist. There is plenty more out there. This incident had nothing to do with Black people.

Ask yourself why you had to retreat to whataboutism so instantly

This incident wasn’t caused by Black people at all and now there are like 5 different racist weirdo storylines about it, we are not in a good place
They'll blame that, terrorists, or extraterrestrials. Just can't accept that accidents happen.

Last edited:
An accident is something completely unpreventable, deer runs out in front of you, tree falls on you, lightning strike ext. Pretty much everything else is preventable and caused by negligence or mistake (which most mistakes are caused by negligence at some level).

I think in almost 30 years I've ruled 1 maybe 2 incidents unpreventable.
There are avoidable and unavoidable accidents. Years ago I never saw many unavoidable, mostly avoidable. Now days many more unavoidable. Some as simple as a vehicle hitting another head on, others like when a drive tire blows. This incident was most likely unavoidable if what I read earlier is true. NTSB will let us know.

There are avoidable and unavoidable accidents. Years ago I never saw many unavoidable, mostly avoidable. Now days many more unavoidable. Some as simple as a vehicle hitting another head on, others like when a drive tire blows. This incident was most likely unavoidable if what I read earlier is true. NTSB will let us know.

If it was avoidable it wasn't an accident. The only accidents (as I said earlier completely out of human control) are akin to "acts of G^d".

A steer tire only blows due to a defect, impact with something or lack of maintenance so a steer tire blowing is no accident.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back