Back to the 60s, Police beating college students

I swam in rivers and lakes, I drank from springs flowing from underground water to rocky out cliffs along roadside. And water flowing from underground on wilderness trails.. I went fishing in streams, rivers and lakes not choked with plastic and other trash. Played in parks near and far from home, not all but colonized by trash. Now, we did have TC commercials featuring Iron Eyes Cody, the Italian guy pretending to be a Native American. But the utter discard we see for the environment, didn't exist in my time. Despite dirty diapers, aluminum cans, paper, even glass bottles you could find roadside. It was there but nothing like what see have today. And traveled as a kid and teen all over the country back then. The worst places I ever saw, were weekend camp sites in state and national parks, and KOA campgrounds after weekenders used them, got drunk and left a mess. But then, both fellow campers and rangers/employees join together to pick up the mess and put in readily available trash cans. Yes, there were some out of the way streams that companies got away with dumping waste into. For a while, usually the smell pizzed off local people who got them shutdown or forced to clean it up. But again, nothing like the widespread, and utter disdain for the environment seen today. Take or leave it.
Were you stationed at Camp Lejeune somewhere in the 1950's to the 1980s?

I'm gonna be honest with you, but you're not exactly a shining example of why drinking out of fresh water in the 70's was perfectly fine with zero long term side effects.
I never meant to be, nor want to be a shining example for anybody. I'm me for me, and happy about it. Now, Dinkin, put that hose down. Being a copycat ill fits you.

Were you stationed at Camp Lejeune somewhere in the 1950's to the 1980s?
No. And everybody knew that the military forks up places with toxins, biohazards, and at times, even unexploded ordinance. I never said therewas no pollution or other such problems during the boomer era, as some want to twist my post into saying. I call the tactic pretzel-ing, or Chubby Checker-iing, out of spite.

Last edited:

I'm glad you posted this. People need to understand that these protests are not student driven. These are organized and funded by the same Marxist groups that funded the BLM destruction. When people attacked the construction site of the police facility in Atlanta recently, the vast majority of the people arrested were not from Georgia. These people travel from place to place sewing discord. People need to wake up and see this for what is is.

VN Store

Back