Back to the 60s, Police beating college students

I think your water was actually contaminated you just didn't realize it
Donh't read well, eh? I spoke of what was, not what is. We know better than water gulping these days. Anti-environmentalist legislative Repubs have seen to that. So don't go hose sipping in defiance, it's dangerous.

Wrong generation. Gen X was born and growing up without cell phones or internet , no warning labels , no anti anxiety, depression , ADHD, meds and no peanut allergies . We were the latch key, get out of the house , be back before dark , kids 😊
Smelling like outside and praying your parents didn’t get a call before you got home.

Donh't read well, eh? I spoke of what was, not what is. We know better than water gulping these days. Anti-environmentalist legislative Repubs have seen to that. So don't go hose sipping in defiance, it's dangerous.
Bro …. There was much more water pollution back in the day than there is now

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I worked in the field bro….. I know what I know
I swam in rivers and lakes, I drank from springs flowing from underground water to rocky out cliffs along roadside. And water flowing from underground on wilderness trails.. I went fishing in streams, rivers and lakes not choked with plastic and other trash. Played in parks near and far from home, not all but colonized by trash. Now, we did have TC commercials featuring Iron Eyes Cody, the Italian guy pretending to be a Native American. But the utter discard we see for the environment, didn't exist in my time. Despite dirty diapers, aluminum cans, paper, even glass bottles you could find roadside. It was there but nothing like what see have today. And traveled as a kid and teen all over the country back then. The worst places I ever saw, were weekend camp sites in state and national parks, and KOA campgrounds after weekenders used them, got drunk and left a mess. But then, both fellow campers and rangers/employees join together to pick up the mess and put in readily available trash cans. Yes, there were some out of the way streams that companies got away with dumping waste into. For a while, usually the smell pizzed off local people who got them shutdown or forced to clean it up. But again, nothing like the widespread, and utter disdain for the environment seen today. Take or leave it.

I swam in rivers and lakes, I drank from springs flowing from underground water to rocky out cliffs along roadside. And water flowing from underground on wilderness trails.. I went fishing in streams, rivers and lakes not choked with plastic and other trash. Played in parks near and far from home, not all but colonized by trash. Now, we did have TC commercials featuring Iron Eyes Cody, the Italian guy pretending to be a Native American. But the utter discard we see for the environment, didn't exist in my time. Despite dirty diapers, aluminum cans, paper, even glass bottles you could find roadside. It was there but nothing like what see have today. And traveled as a kid and teen all over the country back then. The worst places I ever saw, were weekend camp sites in state and national parks, and KOA campgrounds after weekenders used them, got drunk and left a mess. But then, both fellow campers and rangers/employees join together to pick up the mess and put in readily available trash cans. Yes, there were some out of the way streams that companies got away with dumping waste into. For a while, usually the smell pizzed off local people who got them shutdown or forced to clean it up. But again, nothing like the widespread, and utter disdain for the environment seen today. Take or leave it.
Out of the way streams you say? Like the Cuyahoga River?
I’ll leave it. You’re obviously an old, contrary mountain clodpoll that knows nothing of the Clean Water Act and the strict EPA regulations that followed.

Out of the way streams you say? Like the Cuyahoga River?
I’ll leave it. You’re obviously an old, contrary mountain clodpoll that knows nothing of the Clean Water Act and the strict EPA regulations that followed.

Okie-Dokie.

I'm gonna be honest with you, but you're not exactly a shining example of why drinking out of fresh water in the 70's was perfectly fine with zero long term side effects.

VN Store

Back