AZ shooting range instructor killed by 9 year old girl shooting an uzi

This firing range allows children as young as 8 to shoot. Bad policy imo. Also ignorance on the parents part. Sure the instructor MAY HAVE coaxed them into allowing the girl to shoot the uzi. That does not take blame off the parents. A little common sense should have been used.
Will the shooting range raise the age requirements after this ?

Why should they? The issue wasn't the age. It was the firearm used.

Oh but our government tries!

imo they aren't doing a very good job and need to try harder. of course there are idiots in charge trying to get rid of idiots but there's a 95% incumbency rate (or something stupid high) so we have to start up top.

This firing range allows children as young as 8 to shoot. Bad policy imo. Also ignorance on the parents part. Sure the instructor MAY HAVE coaxed them into allowing the girl to shoot the uzi. That does not take blame off the parents. A little common sense should have been used.

The question being, when did you learn to shoot? Age specifically?

I don't see the issue with shooting and learning gun safety at 8yo. Unfortunately they forgot the second part of that by handing the kids a gun she couldn't control. Probably why I went thru the progression and was not handed a gun too big for me

I don't see the issue with shooting and learning gun safety at 8yo. Unfortunately they forgot the second part of that by handing the kids a gun she couldn't control. Probably why I went thru the progression and was not handed a gun too big for me

Thw gun used is the main problem I see. I am questionable about an 8 year old, that would depend on their maturity level. A 22 rifle , MAYBE a 410 shotgun would be okay. At that young age that is all a child can control IMO.

Thw gun used is the main problem I see. I am questionable about an 8 year old, that would depend on their maturity level. A 22 rifle , MAYBE a 410 shotgun would be okay. At that young age that is all a child can control IMO.

And that's where the idiocy of both the parents and the instructor come into play. I think 8 isn't too young to start learning to shoot. Like you said, a .22 or an air rifle sure. Maybe...maybe a .410, but that's kinda young for a scattergun. But a rifle should be okay.

Full auto Uzi? No...

And that's where the idiocy of both the parents and the instructor come into play. I think 8 isn't too young to start learning to shoot. Like you said, a .22 or an air rifle sure. Maybe...maybe a .410, but that's kinda young for a scattergun. But a rifle should be okay.

Full auto Uzi? No...

I gave my 7yo niece a .22 for Christmas, she hasn't shot anyone yet. She's plinked some birds, squirrels and a groundhog or two but no humans yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Slingshot. It was my job to shoot the HOGS between their eyes every November. I never missed. We used a slingshot because flint was too expensive. :crazy:

Gave ya a like for that one.

The question being, when did you learn to shoot? Age specifically?

8....20 gauge side by side. Was given a 20 gauge pump at 10 (killed my first deer with it) and a .308 BAR (semi-auto version but still called a BAR) at 12. Never shot anything but wild game and a bunch of turtles.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm one of the most pro gun guys on here, but this is pretty irresponsible. Both on the parents and the instructor.

Very sad situation.

Yes, very sad situation and very irresponsible.

Not the first time this has happened with a similar firearm. Unfortunately, that incident took the child's life.

VN Store

Back