AZ shooting range instructor killed by 9 year old girl shooting an uzi

What happened to starting kids with a .22 caliber rifle? Learn technique and proper handling without the recoil. Also, isn't an Uzi an automatic (fully not semi) weapon and as such the owner has to go through a more lengthy application process and have a license for such a firearm?1

Not like the little girl will.

Disagree. There are adults involved that are genuinely culpable, the little girl is not. I'm assuming she is going to be made fully aware of this fact.*

*If people make a big deal that is WAS her fault I'd agree with you but do you really think that's going to be the case?

Disagree. There are adults involved that are genuinely culpable, the little girl is not. I'm assuming she is going to be made fully aware of this fact.*

*If people make a big deal that is WAS her fault I'd agree with you but do you really think that's going to be the case?

To advance a gun agenda? Sure.

Otherwise, probably not nor should it.

Feel sorry for the girl*...this is gonna f her up.

*and of course the guy and his family.

Feel sorry for the girl*...this is gonna f her up.

*and of course the guy and his family.

Could F her up. She could go on to irrationally hate all guns because of a bad decision an adult made when she was 9.

Or she could make the most of it and become an advocate for smart gun safety and handling. She could overcome it and be one of the more reasonable voices in the wilderness.

It'll all depend on how the adults in her life treat it honestly. They can really help her along if they own up to a parental eff up of epic proportions and help teach her proper gun safety.

It was, but the place actually advertised for training kids like this. The one person in the whole dynamic who is totally without fault, the 9 year old, is the one who is going to have to live with this.

Training kids to shoot and proper gun safety is perfectly fine.

Letting a kid out on a range with a full auto Uzi is another matter entirely. Even with proper "supervision" it's still stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
Training kids to shoot and proper gun safety is perfectly fine.

Letting a kid out on a range with a full auto Uzi is another matter entirely. Even with proper "supervision" it's still stupid.

There is only one person truly at fault here, and he paid for it. There could be and probably are other circumstances around this. She could have been at the range shooting a .22 and saw the instructor shooting the Uzi. Parents could have been coaxed by the instructor to show how even a 9 yo can do it. Not saying this happened at all. Just saying that the one truly at fault is no longer with us.

Reactions: 2 people
We will probably never know due to laws to protect the little girl's identity, but dollars to doughnuts the parents are either some kind of loon survivalists or anti-immigration nuts.

Who the F wants their 9 year old daughter to learn how to shoot an Uzi?

We will probably never know due to laws to protect the little girl's identity, but dollars to doughnuts the parents are either some kind of loon survivalists or anti-immigration nuts.

Most loon survivalists and anti-immigration nuts don't have Uzis. Weapon of choice is typically an AR15 or an AK.

Just tossing it out there.

Reactions: 1 person

Tea partiers !!!

Speaking of kids shooting:
My little brother graduates from the marine corp next Friday. He is in the middle of something called the crucible right now. 45 miles of hiking and only two meals in a 54 hour span ( if I recall correctly) he also scored 228 out 250 on his shooting. He made expert.

I'm very proud of him.

Carry on

Reactions: 2 people
My little brother graduates from the marine corp next Friday. He is in the middle of something called the crucible right now. 45 miles of hiking and only two meals in a 54 hour span ( if I recall correctly) he also scored 228 out 250 on his shooting. He made expert.

I'm very proud of him.

Carry on

Awesome

I thought uzis were the popular weapon of choice for gang bangers and drug entreprenuers.

So instead of waiting for the "facts" to come out, we'll just profile.

I guess if it fits the cause.

I'm very proud of him.

Carry on

That's great, Ob. Your little bro sounds like one tough hombre.

So instead of waiting for the "facts" to come out, we'll just profile.

I guess if it fits the cause.

Who else would not just want their 9 year old girl to learn how to shoot an Uzi, but hangout and watch and video it?

Right wing gun nut loons. Has to be.

VN Store

Back