Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are honestly some beers out there that just taste outstanding regardless of the fun after effects and mental simplification.

I could see myself drinking a Guinness one day. We'll see.

My family has been asleep for three hours. I am sitting here eating a big bowl of spaghetti and drinking Guinness and watching a Chinese movie with English subtitles. I am an idiot.

That's not too horribly sad. There are some wonderful Chinese movies, no doubt.

I have a replay of a high school football game on in the background. But, good thing that I did because this kid just did a run that will likely end up on youtube.

I could see myself drinking a Guinness one day. We'll see.

If you drink coffee, you should be able to get to Guinness pretty easily. It doesn't taste like coffee, but there's a similar sort of appeal.

I have to admit that I just opened a bottle of a nice hoppy IPA as a changeup.

If you drink coffee, you should be able to get to Guinness pretty easily. It doesn't taste like coffee, but there's a similar sort of appeal.

I have to admit that I just opened a bottle of a nice hoppy IPA as a changeup.

Good coffee, u should add.

Guinness has a very unique taste to it. It almost taste like coffee that has been burnt but then it settles and has this almost religious after-taste. It's one of the most well-balanced beers I have had.

That water table in Ireland has a lot of calcium in it and that gives Guinness a very strong and solvent base and uniqueness.

Verc,
I think I came up with the best way to describe the Vols against UF. Took me a while by being over 25 and having instant senility 'n all.

They **** the bed, rolled over in it, and went back to sleep.

I don't know if it's true, but the belief in the homebrewing world is that Guinness adds a small amount of deliberately soured stout back in that gives it its distinct "tang" flavor. (Yes, that is what the homebrewers call it. Tang. I let it pass without comment.)

Verc,
I think I came up with the best way to describe the Vols against UF. Took me a while by being over 25 and having instant senility 'n all.

They **** the bed, rolled over in it, and went back to sleep.

Yep. As a dad, I've seen it in my house. Saturday, I saw it in Neyland.

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

Verc, what's it like to win an SEC title. I don't know what that's like :cray:

You're never gonna learn, are ya? You don't really remember winning.

I have the 2001 SECCG seared into my brain in vivid color and sound. I can still see the LSU band, directly across from me in the opposite end zone willing their less-talented team with a back-up QB to victory.

I have the 2001 SECCG seared into my brain in vivid color and sound. I can still see the LSU band, directly across from me in the opposite end zone willing their less-talented team with a back-up QB to victory.

My first Vol game I can recall plays and such was the Florida game. My dad has called me a curse. He might be right.

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

Verc, what's it like to win an SEC title. I don't know what that's like :cray:

I actually thought it was better than the national championship game afterwards. It at least feels like part of the actual season. Bowl games are disconnected enough, but when there are actual stakes involved it's even worse.

I did not go to either of the Vols' two SECCG wins, unfortunately, even though I was living here by then. I was relatively young and poor and StubHub did not exist.

I actually thought it was better than the national championship game afterwards. It at least feels like part of the actual season. Bowl games are disconnected enough, but when there are actual stakes involved it's even worse.

I did not go to either of the Vols' two SECCG wins, unfortunately, even though I was living here by then. I was relatively young and poor and StubHub did not exist.

Might sound dumb, but I don't really think coaches should be judge on national titles at all. Win your conference.

I remember a dozen plays from that game. I only can only offhandedly recall three or four from 97 and 98 combined.

My biggest nightmare as a Vol fan would be watching us win the SEC championship under Petrino. It would be like sitting in the audience at the adult video awards and trying to be happy for her as my daughter took home the prize for best anal scene of the year.

That needs to be somebody's sig. :eek:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back