Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am heavily invested in a hockey Game 7 that is going to overtime. (I am a Capitals fan.) You guys need to get five or six runs to cheer me up when I switch over in a few minutes after the heartbreaking loss.

I don't like to give much credit to Wren usually, but give him credit as well as the scouting dept for unearthing Beachy and inking him. He reminds me of a right handed Cliff Lee

To be honest, I'm a fan of the late games.

I've always liked them too. We don't get as many as we used to back in the day when MLB was geographically challenged and Atlanta was in the NL West with LA, San Diego and San Francisco.

I've always liked them too. We don't get as many as we used to back in the day when MLB was geographically challenged and Atlanta was in the NL West with LA, San Diego and San Francisco.

What was the reason for being put in the west?

When they split into 2 divisions, there were only 12 teams in the NL. The Rockies and Dbacks were 20+ years away so there were only the 3 California teams and Houston that were "west" and 8 teams to the East. So 2 teams from the east had to go west.

But it makes no sense why they stuck Chicago in the East and made Cincinnati and ATL go west. Im sure there was some politicking involved.

When they split into 2 divisions, there were only 12 teams in the NL. The Rockies and Dbacks were 20+ years away. There were the 3 California teams and Houston that were "west" and 8 teams to the East. So 2 teams from the east had to go west.

But it makes no sense why they stuck Chicago in the East and made Cincinnati and ATL go west. Im sure there was some politicking involved.

Definitely sounds like politicking.

One word, Divas.

The Cubs outright refused to join the West even though at the time they were one of the most western teams geographically. They insisted being put in the East. Same with St. Louis, the owners refused to go to the West as they wanted to stay alongside the Cubs since they were a revenue-generating rival. The Braves and Reds capitulated and agreed to join the West.

I am heavily invested in a hockey Game 7 that is going to overtime. (I am a Capitals fan.) You guys need to get five or six runs to cheer me up when I switch over in a few minutes after the heartbreaking loss.

Sensational use of reverse psychology

One word, Divas.

The Cubs outright refused to join the West even though at the time they were one of the most western teams geographically. They insisted being put in the East. Same with St. Louis, the owners refused to go to the West as they wanted to stay alongside the Cubs since they were a revenue-generating rival. The Braves and Reds capitulated and agreed to join the West.

On top of that, with the unbalanced schedule, teams played everybody within their division 18 times. That meant a team from Atlanta was having to play 1/3 of their away games in the state of California. They perennially sucked enough without the schedule forcing them to travel more than any team in baseball other than maybe Seattle.

Didn't see any of it, but as a vague Preds "fan," Joel Ward makes me laugh.

He earned every bit of the ridiculous contract the Caps gave him right there on one play.

Not sure I'm going to be able to stay awake through this late baseball game after Game 7 of a hockey game. The intensity level is fairly dramatically different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back