Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braves fans rejoice. The Melky Cabrera experience officially ended today.

I didn't expect great things from Melky, but he was just flat out bad most of the time. Nowhere near the speed I expected, suspect defense and an overmatched bat.

Braves fans rejoice. The Melky Cabrera experience officially ended today.

I didn't expect great things from Melky, but he was just flat out bad most of the time. Nowhere near the speed I expected, suspect defense and an overmatched bat.

yeah ever since that game vs the reds, where he flat out just missed the ball, i havent been a melky fan. Hopefully now we can go out and get a good or atleast decent outfielder.

There's a reason the Yankees sent him down to AAA for a while. The only thing he had going for him was that he was best friends with Cano and the Yankees didn't want Robbie to lose his comfort zone since neither spoke English very well.

There's a reason the Yankees sent him down to AAA for a while. The only thing he had going for him was that he was best friends with Cano and the Yankees didn't want Robbie to lose his comfort zone since neither spoke English very well.

He also had several game winning hits last year so he wasn't terrible last year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Has anyone read Of Mic's And Men by Pete Van Wieren?

Has some quality stories in it. Not sure if ive already asked that or not.

Has anyone read Of Mic's And Men by Pete Van Wieren?

Has some quality stories in it. Not sure if ive already asked that or not.

While growing up, we never had cable, so some my fondest childhood memories were of listening to Braves games on the radio with my paps. Of course, they would be 20 games out at the break, but never the less we would head out to the car on a many a hot summer nights to tune in to Pete and Skip and Ernie's calls of Dale Murphy hitting high, long drives out to deep right center field...thanks man.

Last edited:
While growing up, we never had cable, so some my fondest childhood memories were of listening to Braves games on the radio with my paps. Of course, they would be 20 games out at the break, but never the less we would head out to the car on a many a hot summer nights to tune in to Pete and Skip and Ernie's calls of Dale Murphy hitting high long, drives out to deep right center field...thanks man.

I can remember when the Braves and Cubs were the only game on tv for many nights. The book is a pretty good look into the past with stories from Pete.

I love me some Braves, but Posey would've got my vote, if I had one. You?
Just to be clear, this is not the "official" ROY award.

If I was voting at the end or the regular season I probably would have said Heyward. 2 weeks later, I'd probably vote Posey.

If I was voting at the end or the regular season I probably would have said Heyward. 2 weeks later, I'd probably vote Posey.

ROY is over the whole season, I just hope the voters dont base their votes on the last week and playoffs

I can remember when the Braves and Cubs were the only game on tv for many nights.Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yep. Back in those days, I heard me a LOT of Pete, Ernie, and Skip. And that was also my first real exposure to Joe Torre as a manager.

Yep. Back in those days, I heard me a LOT of Pete, Ernie, and Skip. And that was also my first real exposure to Joe Torre as a manager.

Skip's sarcasm was as good as it gets.

I'd move it up a few weeks. I would have voted for Heyward on September 1, easily, but by the end of the regular season I think Posey was the better choice. Heyward took a nosedive the last few weeks of the year right in the middle of the pennant race. I don't really hold it against him, because he was a 20/21 year old playing a long ass season for the first time, but it absolutely should count against you in the ROY race.

I stand by what I said about Heyward-vs-Posey long term. Posey's going to be maybe a better defensive version of Mike Piazza. There are no guarantees, obviously, but Heyward's upside is still almost unlimited. We won't really know until three years from now when Heyward's as old as Posey was this year.

I'd move it up a few weeks. I would have voted for Heyward on September 1, easily, but by the end of the regular season I think Posey was the better choice. Heyward took a nosedive the last few weeks of the year right in the middle of the pennant race. I don't really hold it against him, because he was a 20/21 year old playing a long ass season for the first time, but it absolutely should count against you in the ROY race.

I stand by what I said about Heyward-vs-Posey long term. Posey's going to be maybe a better defensive version of Mike Piazza. There are no guarantees, obviously, but Heyward's upside is still almost unlimited. We won't really know until three years from now when Heyward's as old as Posey was this year.

Bingo. Everyone sees them as rookies, so they should be equal. Heyward is essentially a kid. A large kid, but a kid.

Thoughts?
He's been a lot of places and has managerial experience, but i won't even pretend to act like I have the first clue about evaluating whether he's a good hitting coach. I'll just assume Wren and Gonzalez know what they are doing.

He's been a lot of places and has managerial experience, but i won't even pretend to act like I have the first clue about evaluating whether he's a good hitting coach. I'll just assume Wren and Gonzalez know what they are doing.

Well Fredi seems overly impressed with the guy right now, so that'll do until further notice. Hope they buy into his instruction. Do you think Omar be back and starting?

Well Fredi seems overly impressed with the guy right now, so that'll do until further notice. Hope they buy into his instruction. Do you think Omar be back and starting?
Infante's option has to get picked up if for no other reason than to act as an insurance policy in case Chipper Jones either isn't ready by Opening Day or doesn't make it back at all.

The guy that may not be back unless he's willing to play for a little less is Matt Diaz.

Infante's option has to get picked up if for no other reason than to act as an insurance policy in case Chipper Jones either isn't ready by Opening Day or doesn't make it back at all.

The guy that may not be back unless he's willing to play for a little less is Matt Diaz.

I like Diaz's effort, but he is no everyday, imo. Omar definitely has more upside. What do you think of Omar in the outfield everyday if Chipper is healthy for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back