Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love getting McCann in the lineup twice every night, but it might cause a problem if he's already on base.

What would we give up for Pence? I'm not sure I want a Woody Harrelson look a like in our lineup.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Apparently the Braves are willing to offer this package for Pence:

Astros Get:
Minor
Simmons
Bethancourt

Braves Get:
Pence

The only problem is who do you play in center. You give up alot without Schaf in center, but gain a ton on the offensive side.

I'd take him in a heartbeat though. Would set up nicely for Chipper to retire and move Prado to 3rd next year.

Pastornicky got promoted to Triple A. Rumor that Simmons is getting promoted to Double A and Salcedo to A+ in the next two weeks.

Eh.

Minor is a 3/4 starter. We have four of those in the minors RIGHT NOW.

Simmons is not as hightly thought of as Salcedo and Lipka, and Pastornicky can handle SS for a year or two.

I don't like givin up Bethancourt. But you got Mac for two more years after 2011. There's time to develop another catcher.

I'd take him in a heartbeat though. Would set up nicely for Chipper to retire and move Prado to 3rd next year.

2012 Lineup

CF Schafer
3B Prado
C McCann
LF Pence
1B Freeman
2B Uggla
RF Heyward
SS Gonzalez/Pastornicky

Ah, hell yeah.

The only problem is who do you play in center. You give up alot without Schaf in center, but gain a ton on the offensive side.

The Braves thought that Heyward could become the CF in the minors, and Pence has played CF in the majors. It wouldn't be too much of a problem. They'd both be better than Nate.

The Braves thought that Heyward could become the CF in the minors, and Pence has played CF in the majors. It wouldn't be too much of a problem. They'd both be better than Nate.

Once Chipper gets back Nate is nothing more than a 4th OF anyways, Schaf has pretty much taken over at CF. Much better D and he fills a roll at leadoff.

Once Chipper gets back Nate is nothing more than a 4th OF anyways, Schaf has pretty much taken over at CF. Much better D and he fills a roll at leadoff.

They will probably either keep Nate as the 4th OF, or trade him for a salary dump.

If we are going to make a trade, I still like Upton.

LF Prado
RF Heyward
3B Jones
C McCann
2B Uggla
1B Freeman
CF Upton
SS Gonzalez

Also improves our defense tremendously.

Last edited:
If we are going to be dealing with the Astros, add a C prospect (milligan) for Keppinger.

.307/.320/.436 in 169 PA. He's been there utility infielder this year.

Can play SS, 3B, or 2B. A hell of a lot better than Lugo.

I love Heyward, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be the player that he was billed to be.

He's still just 21. Pitchers have adjusted to him, now he has to make an adjustment. Still to early to call him a bust, just like last year was too soon to crown him a future hall of famer.

He's still just 21. Pitchers have adjusted to him, now he has to make an adjustment. Still to early to call him a bust, just like last year was too soon to crown him a future hall of famer.

This x1000

2012 Lineup

CF Schafer
3B Prado
C McCann
LF Pence
1B Freeman
2B Uggla
RF Heyward
SS Gonzalez/Pastornicky

Ah, hell yeah.

How long would be looking to sign Pence for? It won't be a Derrick Lee deal where we sign for the the remainder of the season and then get rid of him right?

A good start would be moving into the same zip code as home plate.

I agree. He says he can still reach the outer half and it prevents pitchers from coming inside as much, but it hasn't really had very good results thus far.

How long would be looking to sign Pence for? It won't be a Derrick Lee deal where we sign for the the remainder of the season and then get rid of him right?

Pence became arbitration eligible in 2011 and a free agent after 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back