Atheist Speakers Assaulted at Hawaii State Capital for Objecting to Senate Prayer

You have absolutely no idea of what I think is right and wrong. None at all. Im a christian therefore I have to be ok with an atheist being assaulted. Really?

I figured when I said "constitution aside" it kinda made it clear what I meant. Oh well.

Got confused, my apologies.

sounds like someone's bitter. you should go to church one day.

:loco: You're the one constantly spouting off about Muslims. Maybe you should go to a mosque some day?

:loco: You're the one constantly spouting off about Muslims. Maybe you should go to a mosque some day?

gsvol will have a grand appearance soon enough, no worries.

That's about as stupid as saying anyone who is religious is truly, deep down terrified of not having an afterlife.

You're so dense.

Let me try to explain it this way. I could bet that most of you guys do not believe in bigfoot.

for those who don't believe in bigfoot, how many of you guys on here debate, write books, or attend forums on proving that bigfoot doesn't exist. i would say none of you guys do it. why? because deep down, you truly know there is no bigfoot. You don't feel the need to waste your time convincing people otherwise, you just laugh it off.

The same can apply to athiest. these guy have so much fervor, passion and hatred in proving God doesn't exist. their willing to do anything to convince people. advertise on buses, billboards, etc... If they're not worried about the existence of God, then why do they spend they're whole life disproving it.

you honestly think the majority of athleists are wasting their time with this type of crap? there aren't plenty of wackjob christians doing the same?

they're the ones who constantly want to kill us. maybe no you, but Americans.

I know a few and even though we've been alone in the same room they never tried to kill me (and I'm sure I'm an American). Your blanket statement fails

Last edited:
Joe actually makes a good point. If there is no God, what do atheists have to fear from those who believe?

No need to apologize.

Right or wrong, those actions should never be taken. And you will not find me condoning this no matter who is on the other end. Having the freedom to spread the word, and trying to "force" religion on someone is 2 different things.

If a true-to-form Christian doesn't believe in evolution does that mean they're afraid of evolving?

I know a few and even though we've been alone in the same room they never tried to kill me (and I'm sure I'm an American). Your blanket statement fails

lets compare the number of muslims that have strapped bombs on themselve to kill non muslims vs Christians who have strapped bombs on themselve to kill muslims.

I'm referring to the radical muslims. even the most radical Christians do not strap bombs to kill non-Christians.

by who? A prayer being said before a state senate meeting is hardly having religion slammed down their throats.

agreed, but if let to their own devices i assure you that a decent percentage of christians in this country wouldn't stop just at prayer being mandated.

agreed, but if let to their own devices i assure you that a decent percentage of christians in this country wouldn't stop just at prayer being mandated.

which is where proper application of the 1st Amendment would necessarily take place.

religion being slammed down their throats?

saying a prayer in the senate is not slamming religion down anyone's throat.

so i wish you a merry Christmas, does that mean i'm forcing religion down your throat?:no:

Joe actually makes a good point. If there is no God, what do atheists have to fear from those who believe?

religion being slammed down their throats?

This.

I was completely fine being Agnostic until I started falling on hard times. People then came out of the woodwork to tell me I need god in my life and looking towards him will answer all of my questions and solve my problems. When I told them I didn't believe in god, they brought me literature and bibles, told me I couldn't live without god in my life. I then caught these same people attacking my gay friend. That was the last straw.

Not every Christian is like this, just like not every Muslim is an extremist. However, if you wear your religion on your sleeve and try to tell me how to live, then you open yourself to criticism. Keep it to yourself and I won't have a problem.

VN Store

Back