Atheist Speakers Assaulted at Hawaii State Capital for Objecting to Senate Prayer

All that is more impressive than standing on Holy Ground...personal contact with Yaweh? Moses got the goods. People at the bottom got the scraps.

No! Moses never set foot in the promise land that God promised. The children of Israel did get to the promised land. At that time only the High Priest could have contact with God. Later, only in the Holy of Holy's. And then only with a rope tied around their waste. It was Christ on the cross that allowed every man acess.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No! Moses never set foot in the promise land that God promised. The children of Israel did get to the promised land. At that time only the High Priest could have contact with God. Later, only in the Holy of Holy's. And then only with a rope tied around their waste. It was Christ on the cross that allowed every man acess.

The burning bush didn't tell him to take his shoes off? Do I have my stories confused?

No but it conditioned me. God is good, he provides, he loves unconditionally. Tell that to the crack baby that has nothing.

So God is to blame for a person taking crack or other drugs? Let's just say for arguments sake that I was your ruler. That I controlled everything you thought or did. I told what to say, how to say it. Absolutely everything about you. Would you love me or hate me? Or would you rather I let you go through life warning you and still letting you make mistakes?

The burning bush didn't tell him to take his shoes off? Do I have my stories confused?

Yes you do. The promised land was Israel.The mountain is where the 10 Commandments where given.
Forgot to add this, yes Moses was instructed to take his shoes off for he was standing on Holy ground. It was Holy because God's presence was there. The promised land was Israel. See why there is so much fighting over the land today?

Last edited:
So God is to blame for a person taking crack or other drugs? Let's just say for arguments sake that I was your ruler. That I controlled everything you thought or did. I told what to say, how to say it. Absolutely everything about you. Would you love me or hate me? Or would you rather I let you go through life warning you and still letting you make mistakes?
You are missing my point. Some people have natural advantages in belief. For me it wasn't a real stretch. I was clothed, fed and nurtured by Christians/ the Christian Church. Others have not been so lucky, nor have any of their experiences been positive. Some have been downright negative.

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”
And Moses said, “Here I am.” 5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

No but it conditioned me. God is good, he provides, he loves unconditionally. Tell that to the crack baby that has nothing.

Perception of all of those will change with what you look for out of that.

If the rest is true (in the Bible), why would I put much stock (as in what this world has to offer) in the 70 or 80 years I may have here over eternity.

You are missing my point. Some people have natural advantages in belief. For me it wasn't a real stretch. I was clothed, fed and nurtured by Christians/ the Christian Church. Others have not been so lucky, nor have any of their experiences been positive. Some have been downright negative.

But if we get down to the base point of the problem we have to go back generations usually. Some of these people were raised where no one family member taught them right from wrong. They were only a government check for mom or dad. I see it every day. I have been in quick-rips when nasty looking people walk in with kids in tow, the kid maybe screaming for something to eat and the parent tells them to shut up while they buy their beer and cigs. Could that possibly be God's fault? Somewhere down the line these people made a choice. They choose while in school to either try and make thereself better or drop out and continue how they have been taught. The responsibility falls to themselves. Haven't you read stories where some child has pulled. themselves out from the ghetto and makes something of themselves? It's personal responsibility, i wouldn't want to br robotic.

But if we get down to the base point of the problem we have to go back generations usually. Some of these people were raised where no one family member taught them right from wrong. They were only a government check for mom or dad. I see it every day. I have been in quick-rips when nasty looking people walk in with kids in tow, the kid maybe screaming for something to eat and the parent tells them to shut up while they buy their beer and cigs. Could that possibly be God's fault? Somewhere down the line these people made a choice. They choose while in school to either try and make thereself better or drop out and continue how they have been taught. The responsibility falls to themselves. Haven't you read stories where some child has pulled. themselves out from the ghetto and makes something of themselves? It's personal responsibility, i wouldn't want to br robotic.

I'm not arguing free will. I'm talking about the equality of opportunity as it relates to the popular idea of "salvation" in modern Christianity.

When do you have to choose?
What do you have to choose?
Why do you have to choose?
Where do you have to choose?

Guilty as charged.

Funny that came up.

Just got back from eating a fried bologna samich at my grannys and have a funny story.

She was supposed to go with a group of elderly people from the church out to eat and take a tour of a local landmark. She decided not to go because the cost was 14$.
I told her she need to spend her money instead of leaving it here for her kids to fight over. At the same time, Fox News is interviewing a senator that is explaining why we need the "death" tax on inheritance. I abruptly turned to her and said disregard what I just said, it doesn't sound like it matters.

Funny that came up.

Just got back from eating a fried bologna samich at my grannys and have a funny story.

She was supposed to go with a group of elderly people from the church out to eat and take a tour of a local landmark. She decided not to go because the cost was 14$.
I told her she need to spend her money instead of leaving it here for her kids to fight over. At the same time, Fox News is interviewing a senator that is explaining why we need the "death" tax on inheritance. I abruptly turned to her and said disregard what I just said, it doesn't sound like it matters.
Funny...it is with wasted breath,but I tell my folks the same thing.

Funny that came up.

Is she worth more than $5 mil? It is my understanding that inheritance tax only applies to estates over that amount. Is that correct? As of now we have no inheritance tax, no? Seriously asking.

Is she worth more than $5 mil? It is my understanding that inheritance tax only applies to estates over that amount. Is that correct? As of now we have no inheritance tax, no? Seriously asking.

Not that Im aware. Shes tighter than a tick, but 5 mil. no.

As far as the law on under 5 mil. Im not sure. Its the government Im not sure it matters.:)

It was more of a ironic joke anyway.

From what the news is reporting, the estate ( death) tax does not kick in until the estate is worth 5 million , then it would be taxed at 35%.
There is zero estate tax in effect now, but one was schedule to start Jan o1, 2011 on estate worth 3.5 million at 45%.

Not that Im aware. Shes tighter than a tick, but 5 mil. no.

As far as the law on under 5 mil. Im not sure. Its the government Im not sure it matters.:)

It was more of a ironic joke anyway.

I think the generation that lived through the depression really knows what it is like to go hungry and do without. All of my grandparents were tight as Dick's hatband. They weren't rich, but they had enough to ensure they wouldn't go hungry.

I think the generation that lived through the depression really knows what it is like to go hungry and do without. All of my grandparents were tight as Dick's hatband. They weren't rich, but they had enough to ensure they wouldn't go hungry.

Sounds familiar. She reminds me on occasion.:yes:

When do you have to choose?
What do you have to choose?
Why do you have to choose?
Where do you have to choose?

1. When: when Christ burdens your heart to the point that you must do something. It's a feeling that's beyond description.

2. What: that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. That He died for forgiveness of my sins. In a nutshell, Jesus.

3. Why: no one can make anyone choose. It can't be forced. I can only relate my personal reason. I was searching for something that I really didn't know what it was. I had tried many things, but no relief for the feelings that I was having personally. I went to this churches gym when I was around 23 years old to play basketball. The preacher at the church would stop all games for around 30 minutes. At first I didn't listen much, but one night I felt he was speaking directly to me. I finally went to a church service, then a few more, I didn't understand anything. I felt as if I were being pulled apart. I was even more confused. Finally I gave into where I was being led and accepted
Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour simply by asking Him to come into my life. I changed 180 degrees.

4. Where: any where that the Spirit leads you. On the side of the road, on your couch, beside your bed, at an old fashion alter, it really doesn't matter.

From what the news is reporting, the estate ( death) tax does not kick in until the estate is worth 5 million , then it would be taxed at 35%.
There is zero estate tax in effect now, but one was schedule to start Jan o1, 2011 on estate worth 3.5 million at 45%.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

VN Store

Back