Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

I still am trying to beat the game. Black Flag was the last one I played in this series, and I loved it. But I just can't get myself to enjoy Syndicate. Maybe the repetition finally got to me, or maybe it is worse in this game, but I can't play more than a few missions before I just get tired of it.

It was ok liberating the first 2-3 areas, but I am so tired of it now.

So the Last Maharaja DLC is.....really lame. It's not really even an extension of the game like the Jack the Ripper DLC was, this is basically just 10 missions that are added to your Associates tab. They're pretty much the same thing as the Darwin and Dickens missions.

There are no achievements added, so there aren't any incentives there. Plus it's really, really buggy. Like one of the missions you're on a train, defending it and I jumped from one car top to the other and I fell straight through like it wasn't there and died. Then at the end of Mission 9, the last part is a cutscene on the train and you get "stuck". You can't move or anything so you're forced to reset the game. It ends really quickly too.

So unless you're just a diehard AC fan that needs to play every mission possible, skip it.

So the Last Maharaja DLC is.....really lame. It's not really even an extension of the game like the Jack the Ripper DLC was, this is basically just 10 missions that are added to your Associates tab. They're pretty much the same thing as the Darwin and Dickens missions.

There are no achievements added, so there aren't any incentives there. Plus it's really, really buggy. Like one of the missions you're on a train, defending it and I jumped from one car top to the other and I fell straight through like it wasn't there and died. Then at the end of Mission 9, the last part is a cutscene on the train and you get "stuck". You can't move or anything so you're forced to reset the game. It ends really quickly too.

So unless you're just a diehard AC fan that needs to play every mission possible, skip it.

I think we're about to see an overhaul. A much needed overhaul at that.

They would have to tear down the game's entire format to get me interested again; the AC "formula" is beyond stale; even pirate ships couldn't save it for me.

They would have to tear down the game's entire format to get me interested again; the AC "formula" is beyond stale; even pirate ships couldn't save it for me.

I starting to feel that way with Far Cry series. Its just Ubisoft open world games in general.

I starting to feel that way with Far Cry series. Its just Ubisoft open world games in general.

yup, they are the definition of wash, rinse, repeat gaming.

Which is surprising, then, that they've managed to produce a game like RB6 Siege...

should we chalk it up to the "blind squirrel finding nut" phenomenon?

Anyone else play the Chronicle games (China, India, Russia)? I got the first one for preordering AC Unity or something like that. It was ok for a bonus. Since there isn't a new AC game coming out this year, I picked up India yesterday since I'm at a slight lull until Uncharted 4 comes out next week.

VN Store

Back