Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

So I'm through Sequence 6, and that leaves I think 4 story sequences left. I'm pretty into it at the moment because I got all the section takeovers done. Some of the Gang Wars were simple because I actually killed the gang leader for the last 3 gangs when they first show up and you can chase them down. I'm done with the Dickens and Darwin side missions and now the Dickens/Darwin combined missions have opened up.

I will say the game is a big improvement over Unity, especially in bugs. I've really only seen 2 bugs in playing this whole time and both were minor compared to Unity and AC 3. One was during a fight I got stuck sort of in a wall and was at full health but then the next hit killed me and Jacob's body then kind of deflated like a balloon. The other was a few carriages started going through a building, then the horses freaked out and started just mowing down people walking on the sidewalk.

So I'm through Sequence 6, and that leaves I think 4 story sequences left. I'm pretty into it at the moment because I got all the section takeovers done. Some of the Gang Wars were simple because I actually killed the gang leader for the last 3 gangs when they first show up and you can chase them down. I'm done with the Dickens and Darwin side missions and now the Dickens/Darwin combined missions have opened up.

I will say the game is a big improvement over Unity, especially in bugs. I've really only seen 2 bugs in playing this whole time and both were minor compared to Unity and AC 3. One was during a fight I got stuck sort of in a wall and was at full health but then the next hit killed me and Jacob's body then kind of deflated like a balloon. The other was a few carriages started going through a building, then the horses freaked out and started just mowing down people walking on the sidewalk.

I have played about 4 missions total. I am really enjoying it, I like switching between the two characters.

Is the customization anything like Unity? That was the best part of that game.

Is the customization anything like Unity? That was the best part of that game.

There's quite a bit. I don't think it's as emersive but it works with the type of game Syndicate is. On the plus side.. you do get to customize each character to its own.

I'm through Sequence 7 now, I think I have 3 more official ones.

I've conquered all the districts 100% and done all the Darwin, Dickens, and Marx side missions. I've need to finish finding all the treasure chests and glitches, but I think I've gotten all the letters, posters, beer bottles, gold chests, and the Secrets of London boxes. I've also leveled up both Jacob and Evie to level 10 and upgraded the gangs 100%.

I think this may be the first AC title since AC2 that I get 100% completion with all the achievements, though right now I'll have to go back and play some of the missions because I didn't get 100% synchronization, and have to wait until the Jack the Ripper DLC is released.

I'm through Sequence 7 now, I think I have 3 more official ones.

I've conquered all the districts 100% and done all the Darwin, Dickens, and Marx side missions. I've need to finish finding all the treasure chests and glitches, but I think I've gotten all the letters, posters, beer bottles, gold chests, and the Secrets of London boxes. I've also leveled up both Jacob and Evie to level 10 and upgraded the gangs 100%.

I think this may be the first AC title since AC2 that I get 100% completion with all the achievements, though right now I'll have to go back and play some of the missions because I didn't get 100% synchronization, and have to wait until the Jack the Ripper DLC is released.

I am in the middle of sequence 8. Really enjoying it. Gang is maxed out and so are Evie and Jacob. Just have to clear the Strand and Westminister also.

I am in the middle of sequence 8. Really enjoying it. Gang is maxed out and so are Evie and Jacob. Just have to clear the Strand and Westminister also.

Pretty cool; the only issue kind of now is it feels like I'm almost unbeatable now.

I also generally hate the horse racing. I'm trying to max out the loyalty thing and apparently to do so you have to win almost all the races and I find them to be sometimes not winnable.

I've had 3 races that I had almost a lap lead only for the other guys to come screaming back from nowhere and I lose. I mean their indicator wasn't even on the radar and somehow they made up ground in a way that is impossible for me to do. I really hate when games do that.

Pretty cool; the only issue kind of now is it feels like I'm almost unbeatable now.

Yeah when you hit 10 you're officially overpowered. It got to a point where clearing a gang stronghold mostly consisted of me strolling right up the middle and clearing out.

Another grievance I had of this game, I wish they had done more with the gang wars. A very cool and unique concept, but ended up with you leaving the fight to go chase a leader. It would have been great if gang wars were similar to extremely challenging boss fights that took a long time to beat.

Yeah when you hit 10 you're officially overpowered. It got to a point where clearing a gang stronghold mostly consisted of me strolling right up the middle and clearing out.

Another grievance I had of this game, I wish they had done more with the gang wars. A very cool and unique concept, but ended up with you leaving the fight to go chase a leader. It would have been great if gang wars were similar to extremely challenging boss fights that took a long time to beat.

The last 3 Gang Wars I actually killed the leader when it did the little cutscene and they run away. One I actually assassinated them right after the scene ended, and then the actual Gang Wars were pretty anti-climactic.

Another gripe I have, it has gotten better but the controls for running/climbing IMHO are still rather clunky. I've lost count how many times I failed missions or just got me in trouble in general because my player would run up a wall or a pole or not drop or climb when I needed them too.

Also the DLC mission Runaway Train is pure garbage. So infuriating.

Another gripe I have, it has gotten better but the controls for running/climbing IMHO are still rather clunky. I've lost count how many times I failed missions or just got me in trouble in general because my player would run up a wall or a pole or not drop or climb when I needed them too.

Also the DLC mission Runaway Train is pure garbage. So infuriating.

I agree, especially when it comes to the zipline thing (forgot the exact name).

The Jack the Ripper DLC comes out Tuesday.

Which is great timing because I'm finished with almost everything in the main game. I finished all 9 sequences with the twins, and then did the WW1 portion. That ended up being kind of a disappointment, as it didn't feel connected to the rest of the game at all IMHO. I was also disappointed in the ending of the main game, but I wasn't really surprised.

I've done all but 2 achievements: No Ticket (kicking 50 enemies off a train) and Mentor (getting 100% sync in all main missions). I have about 6 missions I need to replay that I only got 90% sync on. The No Ticket one is a kind of a pain because you either have to replay Sequence 2 over and over to get it or try to find train robberies, which are random. I also got all collectibles, even in WW1 even though there wasn't any achievement for all of them.

Last edited:
So I got all 1000/1000 achievements in the main game, and now Jack the Ripper has 300 more. So far it's an interesting expansion to the game, but I've already had it crash a few times. Plus for some reason the controls seem even clunkier in this game.

Just a warning, if you get the Jack the Ripper DLC, it's so far WAY buggier than the main game. The controls can be almost non-responsive and I've failed several missions where Evie simply refuses to do what I want her to. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

The main story sequences was a letdown. They need to really just focus on how to incorporate a good story with the gameplay mechanics of the next game.

Were any of you optional objective people annoyed with how they kept throwing the "don't kill any policeman" scenario in your face?

The main story sequences was a letdown. They need to really just focus on how to incorporate a good story with the gameplay mechanics of the next game.

Were any of you optional objective people annoyed with how they kept throwing the "don't kill any policeman" scenario in your face?

Eh, not really. I don't think they made that an optional objective but on a few missions. The only hard one sort of was the one where you had to steal the police wagon with the associate in it and couldn't kill any policeman. I had to replay that one.

The Jack the Ripper DLC had a mission where you couldn't kill anyone while you investigated clues in a restricted zone, but it isn't bad because you can just knock them all out one by one.

Is the dlc worth the price tag? And if so should I get the season pass or just the jack the ripper dlc? I'm almost done with the game and like it but don't want to throw money away if it's not worth it

Is the dlc worth the price tag? And if so should I get the season pass or just the jack the ripper dlc? I'm almost done with the game and like it but don't want to throw money away if it's not worth it

If you plan on getting the other DLC The Last Maharaja, then I'd get the Season Pass. You also get a bonus train mission but it's not really that good.

Also the PS4 exclusive missions Dreadful Crimes is only a timed exclusive and is supposed to be available on Xbox One in March and I think they come with the Season Pass but if not you have to pay. I'm not sure on that though.

If you plan on getting the other DLC The Last Maharaja, then I'd get the Season Pass. You also get a bonus train mission but it's not really that good.

Also the PS4 exclusive missions Dreadful Crimes is only a timed exclusive and is supposed to be available on Xbox One in March and I think they come with the Season Pass but if not you have to pay. I'm not sure on that though.

Thanks since there's more than 1 dlc with multiple missions I'll probably just get the season pass

Ubisoft is live streaming The Last Maharaja DLC right now on Twitch if anyone is still interested in this game. This is the last major DLC for the game that I know of.

VN Store

Back