Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

2 things:

1) I get what you say about AC 2 but as I said, the same logic can be applied to why IV is so regarded, because the leap in quality from the train wreck that was AC3.

2) Even in this thread you have 2 people telling you AC2 is the best game (3 if you consider what eVolve said) and so far you are the only one that's stated IV is the best game. 2 others said they'd love a pirate themed spinoff but neither stated they thought IV was the best.

So should I type "agree to disagree" again or do you think you could grasp the concept from when I said it the first time? We're arguing opinions, but ok, I'll play.

Personally I think if AC2 came out right now, at this point in the franchise, it would be more of the same, nothing special. Black Flag completely revamped a dying series by taking it in a direction it had never been, and executing it perfectly. AC2 simply did what the first game did, only 1,000 times better. Even though it was dramatically better than AC1, it still got to live off the hype AC1 created. It was revolutionary at the time, but it got to take advantage of the fact that franchise expectations weren't in place yet, but franchise excitement was.

AC2 was a great game that blew the ratings off the doors because it did things that had never been done. Gameplay-wise what makes it better than Brotherhood? Revelations? I don't really see anything that makes it better than Syndicate, to be honest. Black Flag is every bit AC2's equal in terms of gameplay, Black Flag just has more variety. If Black Flag had been the second game of the franchise, you would be saying its the king of the series instead of AC2. AC2 coming out in 2013 when Black Flag came out wouldn't have made nearly the splash that Black Flag did.

Last edited:
What I enjoyed the most about AC3 was the homestead missions and the Achilles back story.

So should I type "agree to disagree" again or do you think you could grasp the concept from when I said it the first time? We're arguing opinions, but ok, I'll play.

Personally I think if AC2 came out right now, at this point in the franchise, it would be more of the same, nothing special. Black Flag completely revamped a dying series by taking it in a direction it had never been, and executing it perfectly. AC2 simply did what the first game did, only 1,000 times better. Even though it was dramatically better than AC1, it still got to live off the hype AC1 created. It was revolutionary at the time, but it got to take advantage of the fact that franchise expectations weren't in place yet, but franchise excitement was.

AC2 was a great game that blew the ratings off the doors because it did things that had never been done. Gameplay-wise what makes it better than Brotherhood? Revelations? I don't really see anything that makes it better than Syndicate, to be honest. Black Flag is every bit AC2's equal in terms of gameplay, Black Flag just has more variety. If Black Flag had been the second game of the franchise, you would be saying its the king of the series instead of AC2. AC2 coming out in 2013 when Black Flag came out wouldn't have made nearly the splash that Black Flag did.

If you had simply stopped at "agree to disagree", that would be fine. But you didn't, you doubled down by adding more to YOUR opinion, and I responded to what you added. It's not a hard concept, so don't complain about me responding if you're going to pile on after you supposedly "agree to disagree".

And I'm sorry, but your last paragraph is just silly. Making an argument about when a game was released makes no sense. That's like saying Super Mario Galaxy is automatically better than Super Mario Bros. 3 because Galaxy did more things than and is more advanced than SMB3. You're also ignoring the fact that the things that happened in IV were a result of progression of things FROM AC 2.

Reactions: 1 person
What I enjoyed the most about AC3 was the homestead missions and the Achilles back story.

I thought the frontier was great. Something about maneuvering through the trails, then at another point in the game maneuvering through the same trails covered in snow, was a great experience.

If you had simply stopped at "agree to disagree", that would be fine. But you didn't, you doubled down by adding more to YOUR opinion, and I responded to what you added. It's not a hard concept, so don't complain about me responding if you're going to pile on after you supposedly "agree to disagree".

And I'm sorry, but your last paragraph is just silly. Making an argument about when a game was released makes no sense. That's like saying Super Mario Galaxy is automatically better than Super Mario Bros. 3 because Galaxy did more things than and is more advanced than SMB3. You're also ignoring the fact that the things that happened in IV were a result of progression of things FROM AC 2.

Ok chief. Well congrats on making your very interesting opinion known. You seem very passionate about which Assassin's Creed game you think is the best.

Maybe it's just the way it reads to me, but it seems an awful lot like my opinion is coming across as "I believe Black Flag is the best game in the franchise, here's why....."

And your opinion is coming across as:

Last edited:
Ok chief. Well congrats on making your very interesting opinion known. You seem very passionate about which Assassins Creed game you think is the best.

Maybe it's just the way it reads to me, but it seems an awful lot like my opinion is coming across as "I believe Black Flag is the best game in the franchise, here's why....."

And your opinion is coming across as:

Yes, it's quite obvious you are the mature one here.

It's also completely shocking that you would come to the conclusion that you are being completely objective here and I'm being completely biased and unreasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I havent played Syndicate yet but AC2 is hands down the best.

I'm torn between AC2 and AC4.

2 is the best, most pure Assassin's Creed game ever, with Brotherhood being essentially an expansion pack. 4 is the best pirate simulator of all time with a few Assassin's Creed missions tacked on.

It's hard to beat the ezio trilogy. It was set in the right period of time where you could tie in a lot of myths and creative ideas while keeping history in place. It really felt like you were a damn assassin in renaissance Italy. Brotherhood had a massive map with Rome. It was just awesome!

Yes, it's quite obvious you are the mature one here.

It's also completely shocking that you would come to the conclusion that you are being completely objective here and I'm being completely biased and unreasonable

Explain how I'm not being objective.

Also, please quote where I said you are being biased.

Thanks in advance.

You are 100% correct that I believe you are being unreasonable. Not because of your opinion, your opinion is understandable, AC2 is a great game. The piss-fest you are throwing because my opinion is different than yours is unreasonable.

Last edited:
Explain how I'm not being objective.

Also, please quote where I said you are being biased.

Thanks in advance.

You are 100% correct that I believe you are being unreasonable. Not because of your opinion, your opinion is understandable, AC2 is a great game. The piss-fest you are throwing because my opinion is different than yours is unreasonable.

Ok let's break this down:

You accusing me of starting a piss-fest is amusing for a couple of reasons. The main being it can't be a piss-fest without at least 2 contributors, so if you're accusing me of it, accuse yourself too. I don't recall forcing you to reply. And second, I'm not the one who turned the whole exchange pissy. It's hilarious you're accusing me of being a baby about this but check back at the replies, it was civil until you replied :

As I already pointed out, had you just said "agree to disagree", I wouldn't have responded, but that's not what you did and you damn well know it. You said agree to disagree and THEN piled on with adding to the discussion, which I already explained I responded to your ADDED comments. YOU are the one who turned it snarky, not me pal.

Secondly, the discussion has never been me upset that you like Black Flag more; it's because you asserted this:

I honestly don't know a single AC player that wasn't absolutely in love with Black Flag. It's pretty widely regarded as the best of the series.

THAT was what I responded to. I don't give two craps if you think Black Flag is the best game in the history of ever. But if you're going to say it's regarded as the "best in the series" then I'm going to disagree. If you're going to give reasons why you say it's so, if I find them to be poor reasons, I'm going to point it out. It's a messageboard, that's kind of how things work.

Reactions: 1 person

2 is the best, most pure Assassin's Creed game ever, with Brotherhood being essentially an expansion pack. 4 is the best pirate simulator of all time with a few Assassin's Creed missions tacked on.

I'm even willing to say that AC4 was more fun than AC2, but AC2 was an absurdly well-rounded game. Its story and characters (and setting, IMO - the cities in BF were lacking although the open ocean was a ton of fun) were superior. That's why I have it on top - it had no weaknesses that I can remember. Brotherhood and AC4 are fighting for second.

Please never call it a simulator ever again. IV is a great many things, but a sim it is not.

I'm even willing to say that AC4 was more fun than AC2, but AC2 was an absurdly well-rounded game. Its story and characters (and setting, IMO - the cities in BF were lacking although the open ocean was a ton of fun) were superior. That's why I have it on top - it had no weaknesses that I can remember. Brotherhood and AC4 are fighting for second.

That's why I agree with your earlier post about IV being a great game but only an ok AC game. That's a spot on statement IMHO.

It's similar to how I view Resident Evil 4. Awesome game, but I would never say it's the best RE game because as an RE game it's not great.

As I already pointed out, had you just said "agree to disagree", I wouldn't have responded, but that's not what you did and you damn well know it. You said agree to disagree and THEN piled on with adding to the discussion, which I already explained I responded to your ADDED comments. YOU are the one who turned it snarky, not me pal.

2 things:

1) I get what you say about AC 2 but as I said, the same logic can be applied to why IV is so regarded, because the leap in quality from the train wreck that was AC3.

2) Even in this thread you have 2 people telling you AC2 is the best game (3 if you consider what eVolve said) and so far you are the only one that's stated IV is the best game. 2 others said they'd love a pirate themed spinoff but neither stated they thought IV was the best.

If you want to act like the bolded wasn't snarky then I can't help you. But that's definitely when you turned the argument pissy.

Regardless this thread got derailed. The thread is about Syndicate. If you want to start a thread crying about the idea that Black Flag is better than AC2 then feel free to.

Back to Syndicate, to those who own the game, are you primarily using Evie or Jacob? Or both?

If you want to act like the bolded wasn't snarky then I can't help you. But that's definitely when you turned the argument pissy.

Regardless this thread got derailed. The thread is about Syndicate. If you want to start a thread crying about the idea that Black Flag is better than AC2 then feel free to.

Back to Syndicate, to those who own the game, are you primarily using Evie or Jacob? Or both?

If that's snarky to you, then obviously you need to grow a sack and/or stop being so sensitive. Unless factual statements just piss you off that badly.

In the meantime, you won't have to worry about me getting into anymore "piss-fests" with you but given how you act, I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting pissy with someone else very soon.

If that's snarky to you, then obviously you need to grow a sack and/or stop being so sensitive. Unless factual statements just piss you off that badly.

In the meantime, you won't have to worry about me getting into anymore "piss-fests" with you but given how you act, I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting pissy with someone else very soon.

Party A says: "Here's what I think"

Party B says: "I disagree"

Party A says: "Oh well, agree to disagree. But this is where I'm coming from on my point."

Party B says: "Well no one agrees with your point. Not even anyone in this thread."

Sorry little buddy, but Party B got snarky (and ironically later accused party A of getting snarky first).

So I got this game, and so far it's ok but I wouldn't call it great. It's better than Unity, but the game kind of reminds me of the first game in that it feels repetitive. I know in a way all AC games are repetitive but this really feels like it. Go to a section of the map, get the viewpoints, then you have to take over which is always a Child Labor breakup, a Templar hunt, kidnap some people, take over a gang hangout, then have a gang war. It was fun the first time or two but now it's gotten a bit stale. It would have been better IMHO if they had not made every area have to be taken over the exact same way.

I've actually enjoyed the side missions with Dickens, Darwin, etc. more than a lot of the main missions.

Also chatt-townVol if you haven't put me on ignore, I'll have to apologize for the dust-up we had and concede that it appears AC2 and AC4 are pretty close to being considered the best of the series. I thought it was a pretty good tilt in favor of AC2 but after looking at several sites, they appear to all be virtually split on putting either as first, but all of them had both at either 1 or 2.

So in essence, the argument was silly because the consensus is that both are both definitely the best 2 games of the series regardless of which one is considered first.

Also chatt-townVol if you haven't put me on ignore, I'll have to apologize for the dust-up we had and concede that it appears AC2 and AC4 are pretty close to being considered the best of the series. I thought it was a pretty good tilt in favor of AC2 but after looking at several sites, they appear to all be virtually split on putting either as first, but all of them had both at either 1 or 2.

So in essence, the argument was silly because the consensus is that both are both definitely the best 2 games of the series regardless of which one is considered first.

No dude it's too late for all that. You're on ignore, screw you.

:)

I kid, I kid. You're 100% right about Syndicate by the way. It was a good game but clearing out areas seemed like a chore after a while. I beat the game, but by the time I beat it I was really just playing it to be able to say I beat it. It really just felt like a much-improved Unity. Probably time for a series overhaul at this point.

I enjoy it but I wish we could get a deep story like with the ezio trilogy.

VN Store

Back