Article: Why the Cleveland Browns are a perfect fit for Josh Dobbs

I'll admit I only read the title of this thread...but NO ONE is a perfect fit for the Browns. You could take the Patriots roster and put them in Browns unis and they would 4-12.

The Browns and 76'ers are the worst franchises in sports.

Brooklyn is pretty bad and so are the Jets

Reactions: 1 person
Uh... wut?

The Browns ranked dead last in sacks allowed last year. They were a full sack per game worse than the second-worst team. There is a reason their QBs continually get killed.

Don't let that stat fool you. Tho they weren't the best. RG3 holds the ball so long it's not even funny. Check out the Redskins stats when he started. He gets sacked per attempt more than any NFL QB..... Ever.

Don't let that stat fool you. Tho they weren't the best. RG3 holds the ball so long it's not even funny. Check out the Redskins stats when he started. He gets sacked per attempt more than any NFL QB..... Ever.

RGIII only played in 4 1/2 games last year. That stat isn't even trying to fool anyone.

Last edited:
If Dobbs is gonna pan out he needs to be somewhere he can sit and learn for a year or two before getting thrown to the fire.

If he's gonna be in a position to start early, I hope it's for a team with a really strong OL and a great running game to lean on or he'll likely face a great deal of struggles IMO.

Good points. Couldn't agree more. He needs the right situation with a stable organization where he's not pressed into playing any time soon. This is true of most rookie qbs of course, but it's especially true fur Josh given his skill set.

Cleveland has 2 first round picks. I think they would take a QB with the 2nd of those picks.

Just imagine the storyline if he was the one to turn that franchise around?

If Dobbs went to Cleveland and was the starter, his career will be extremely short. Hopefully he can get lucky like Prescott and go to a team with a great OL.

Cleveland sucks, and they are not going to not suck any time soon.

You are correct, and they will continue to suck as long as JH owns them. Look how much he keeps UT messed up with his constant meddling. Dobbs career will end quickly in Cleveland. Maybe the Jets will pick him up.....LOL

If Dobbs is gonna pan out he needs to be somewhere he can sit and learn for a year or two before getting thrown to the fire.

If he's gonna be in a position to start early, I hope it's for a team with a really strong OL and a great running game to lean on or he'll likely face a great deal of struggles IMO.

Finally, a reasonable post as opposed to the craziness of D4H.

Seeing the field early for a bad team like the Browns has already destroyed more young QB careers than we can hope to remember.

Prescott did well in Dallas for precisely the reason that Darth mentioned. An incredible O line, which led to a great running game, and talented, veteran receivers in Witten and Bryant. It allowed him to compliment the team instead of being the team.

Cleveland is the complete opposite of that situation. If Dobbs does get drafted there, I hope he sits and learns while they improve the rest of the team. Throwing him early will result in a very short career.

I believe Dobbs can be a success anywhere he goes. He's that good. And no he doesn't need to sit. No one gets better sitting. He needs to play. And I believe he can make an immediate impact next season.

Rookie of the Year isn't out of the question for Dobbs.

Dobbs, or any other QB that plays for Cleveland will need a HANS device to prevent neck injury from hittin the frozen tundra of Cleveland stadium. He could beat out RGIII, but as I stated earlier, he WILL be running for his life on every pass play.. I'm surprised RGII lasted 4 1/2 games. That should be a record for him.

I believe Dobbs can be a success anywhere he goes. He's that good. And no he doesn't need to sit. No one gets better sitting. He needs to play. And I believe he can make an immediate impact next season.

1. There are a LOT of examples of NFL players (QBs especially) who really needed a year to adjust before being able to play to their potential. Also a lot of examples of guys who were rushed into playing time too early, developed bad habits/never fixed ones from college, and never seemed to live to their potential or took too long to get there.

2. If he's transcendent enough to come in and start for any team in the NFL immediately and be ROY, then we'd probably have seen more games from him against top opponents in 2015 and 2016 where he took over games.

The best outcome for Dobbs would be the same as Dak, IMO. To come in behind a team with an established starter who's getting a little long in the tooth.

If you missed it, coach Jackson spoke about the combine today. He outlined exactly what he wanted in a QB. What traits, skill sets Hue Jackson looks for in top QB prospects

In addition he stressed that He likes a bigger QB that is at least 6'2 and it has become obvious he would rather work with a traditional pocket passer. The consensus is that The Browns are looking at the QB from North Carolina.. and it's been the consensus... that could just be the draft game though.

Tell that "no one gets better sitting" to AARON RODGERS.... I think he is a tool and whines way to much and is pretty much a douchebag but he is extremely talented... And he does credit a lot of that to Brett Favre... Man I miss watching him play.

Dobbs is way more talented than Prescott. He can turn around Cleveland.

WTH ? So Dobbs can turn around the Browns ? So after all these years of sucking and all of a sudden Dobbs has been the answer for them all along ? NOBODY can turn the Browns around. If this is where Dobbs ends up , I just hope he takes out a good insurance policy. Cleveland is where players go so their career will end before it gets started.

I hope Josh doesn't go to the Browns. Nothing good ever happens to a quarterback that plays for the Browns. Didn't they have 7 different starters at QB this year. If Dobbs is drafted by the Browns he should just quit football.

VN Store

Back