Are Hurd and Kamara pretty much guaranteed gone after this year?

They are both very likely to leave for the draft--but while Hurd has the potential to be an early round pick, I doubt that would be the case with Kamara. He's doesn't have the size to be an every down back in the NFL--he's destined to be a 3rd-down guy. He will improve his draft stock this year, and will still leave; I just don't see him as being picked in the top three rounds.

Kamara will be this years Kenyon Drake.

Drake was drafted in the 3rd round by the Dolphins.

I could see something similar for Kamara.

A guy who can play RB, Slot, return kicks, and punts with Kamaras speed and agility will go in the first 3 rounds. I think they are gone.

See Kenyon Drake.

If we make a national title run both will be gone and drafted really high.

Hurd is a first round lock. And I could see Kamara in that late 2nd or 3rd round range.

Maybe. But you don't get better when you lose your 6 best players.

Right now Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, Barnett, JRM, and Sutton are the six best players on our roster. All are gone after 2016.

Doesn't matter how solid we'll be along the offensive and defensive line when experienced stars like that leave.

2017 is a rebuilding year.

I think we have guys on the roster today who will match or surpass all of those guys. Tennessee doesn't rebuild, they reload.

After this season the RB's going to the NFL draft will be loaded to the max.

Many of the top RB's in college football will be in next years draft, some totally amazing RB's.

The way the NFL is devaluing the RB position even sent last years heisTman trophy winner down to the 2nd round and he was a amazing RB.

AK and Hurd both could drop all the way to the 4th round or later and that loses them many millions of $$$$ on their 1st and maybe only NFL contract.

I hope they both have rock solid advisors because it may earn them many millions more $$$ on their 1st NFL contract by facing less RB talent after they play their senior season.

Their decisions after this season is going to be very serious and tough.

I'd love to see them back but I have to agree that they'll both be gone.

I just hope they don't drop way down in the draft and regret leaving early for the rest of their lives.

I wish all our Vols the very best in whatever they decide to do.

WIN by WIN Team 120 will earn their respect and rankings...VFL...GBO!!!

He might not have the yards because Hurd was a three year starter and Hurd is probably a more complete back, but Kelly is a better running back. He's quicker, more agile, better balance, runs low and powerful, breaks more tackles and better vision as well.

I think I see a lot of good things and a lot of potential in Kelly. But for now I'm stopping well short of saying he's a better back/runner than Hurd. I have some criticisms of Hurd for sure, but what you wrote is pure speculation, 100% opinion with no evidence to back it up.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree. Hurd will be showcase back and Kamara probably can't crack first 5 or 6 rounds. Kamara could come back and be feature back and increase draft stock.

Kamara would have been drafted this year had he left.

Next year he will have even more tape. Hes fast, strong, great hands and very athletic.

Hes easily a 3rd round pick. Hurd goes 2nd rd imo

VN Store

Back