Are Hurd and Kamara pretty much guaranteed gone after this year?

I would say so.

Which is one of the big reasons why 2016 is a year that this coaching staff has to prove they have what it takes to compete at the top level/make it to the SEC championship game..because 2017 could be shaky. Dobbs, Vereen, Hurd, Kamara, Barnett, Sutton, TKjr, Reeves-Maybin all among those that are going to be or very likely to be gone.

We need to win in 2016, no doubt. But 2017 will be far from shaky, look at the whole roster, not just losses. We'll be more solid in 17 than 16 in several areas.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like that has been the common thought. This coming draft class is absolutely loaded at RB with Chubb, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey among others. Is there any chance that Kamara or Hurd return for their senior years?

They gone! After the big year that they both will have, it only makes sense to cash in.

If they both are predicted as draft picks in the first three rounds then they will go. If this is what happens it will probably mean that both of them and TN had a great year.

I feel like that has been the common thought. This coming draft class is absolutely loaded at RB with Chubb, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey among others. Is there any chance that Kamara or Hurd return for their senior years?

I think there's a better chance McCaffery stays at Stanford.

Our 1 hope to keep them is that it'll be a draft full of RBs.

exactly. it's going to be a deep RB draft. they'll need to do a really good evaluation after the season to try to nail down when they could expect to be drafted. if they get round 3 or earlier, i say go.

but if they're both doing that, then chances are we had a really good 2016, so i wish them both the best.

They are gone and I wish them the best of success on the next level. . .this issue should be looked at as a good thing because since our program is heading to the next level as well, this will become something that happens more often than not with our running backs, wide receivers, linebackers, DB's, DT's. This will mean Tennessee has become a premier program again.

Go Vols!! Win it ALL in 2016!!

The list of those leaving is staggering. Team 120 is going to be special.

Restocking the shelves for 121 is going to be a challenge. Good problem to have. Bama (and God it hurts to say this) sees some great talent depart at the end of each season, and they restock. I trust that we have some real gems awaiting.

The list of those leaving is staggering. Team 120 is going to be special.

Restocking the shelves for 121 is going to be a challenge. Good problem to have. Bama (and God it hurts to say this) sees some great talent depart at the end of each season, and they restock. I trust that we have some real gems awaiting.

I look at Ohio State here... they lost 13? players in the first 4 rounds of the draft this year, yet they're still consensus pre-season top 10. What Saban does at Bammer and Urban at OSU is what Butch is trying to do with Tennessee, which is why he said it takes 5-6 years.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys thinking Hurd and Kamara are coming back next year are crazy. If either one of them do, something has gone extremely wrong this coming season.

They are both very likely to leave for the draft--but while Hurd has the potential to be an early round pick, I doubt that would be the case with Kamara. He's doesn't have the size to be an every down back in the NFL--he's destined to be a 3rd-down guy. He will improve his draft stock this year, and will still leave; I just don't see him as being picked in the top three rounds.

They are both very likely to leave for the draft--but while Hurd has the potential to be an early round pick, I doubt that would be the case with Kamara. He's doesn't have the size to be an every down back in the NFL--he's destined to be a 3rd-down guy. He will improve his draft stock this year, and will still leave; I just don't see him as being picked in the top three rounds.

A guy who can play RB, Slot, return kicks, and punts with Kamaras speed and agility will go in the first 3 rounds. I think they are gone.

You guys thinking Hurd and Kamara are coming back next year are crazy. If either one of them do, something has gone extremely wrong this coming season.

I'm not sure what's extremely wrong with winning back to back SEC and National Championships, while going 30-0.

I'm not sure what's extremely wrong with winning back to back SEC and National Championships, while going 30-0.

I would say it makes their case to leave even stronger if we win a title this year. It's hard enough to win one title let alone two, especially with an unproven starting QB in 2017 and all the talent that we will be replacing. There's no way they come back, especially at the running back position. Title or no title.

I would say it makes their case to leave even stronger if we win a title this year. It's hard enough to win one title let alone two, especially with an unproven starting QB in 2017 and all the talent that we will be replacing. There's no way they come back, especially at the running back position. Title or no title.

I hope Butch makes a real effort to pull Dobbs very early in games that are in hand. Get the #2 and maybe even the #3 QB ALOT of work. Not just handing it off. Let them run the offense and get them more prepared for 2017.

Whoever out next QB is, whether it be Dormady or JG, will be better than Dobbs

We're gonna miss Dobbs more than people think. Replacing a top 7-8 all time QB in your schools history is difficult to deal with. Dobbs is more valuable than some are willing to admit. He's a game changer.

We're gonna miss Dobbs more than people think. Replacing a top 7-8 all time QB in your schools history is difficult to deal with. Dobbs is more valuable than some are willing to admit. He's a game changer.

It's a repeat of everyone who thought Martin would be easy to replace then we had to deal with some of Suggs before Clausen took over. We got pretty lucky with the transition from Clausen in 03 to Ainge in 04, but Ainge's 05 showed how valuable that good QB play was.

Everyone was excited to see Ainge go too, then we ran in to Crompton, Stephens and Simms.

We then got Bray, who everyone was once again excited to see leave, and had to deal with Worley's mediocrity(not a complete dis on Worley, he was tough as nails and had a few decent games, but overall had his struggles).

Now that Dobbs has established himself as a solid QB, bunch of people think the #2 or #3 is gonna be so much better and the transition is gonna be super easy.

I hope to god Dormady is great(or Guarantano, whoever starts), but people often don't realize what they have til it's gone.

We need to win in 2016, no doubt. But 2017 will be far from shaky, look at the whole roster, not just losses. We'll be more solid in 17 than 16 in several areas.

Maybe. But you don't get better when you lose your 6 best players.

Right now Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, Barnett, JRM, and Sutton are the six best players on our roster. All are gone after 2016.

Doesn't matter how solid we'll be along the offensive and defensive line when experienced stars like that leave.

2017 is a rebuilding year.

VN Store

Back