Are Hurd and Kamara pretty much guaranteed gone after this year?

This is why CBJ should be recruiting a 5 star RB for 2017 - and the 5 star RBs should be able to see that they might very well be starting right off the bat as a freshman

This is the year of the RB in college football. IMO, kamara may go and there is a slight chance Hurd stays, especially if he only projects to be 8-15th best in country. There are many great RB's out there. Take off the orange shades - he has to have a great year and Tenn. has to be a national contender for Hurd to go 1st or 2nd round.

I really wish Alvin would come back next year and be the premier back.

I think Hurd is good as gone though. Especially if he sets the all time rushing record at UT.

NFL average lifespan for RB position is 3.11 years. Easily the shortest. They are sent into harms way the most, sustain career ending injuries, are disposable and replacable.

Don't ever expect a college RB of NFL caliber to forgo all the NFL $$$$$$$ for a collegiate championship ring anymore. That's just stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
So, given they're gonna be gone barring injury and showing well this season, who takes their places.

I think they are both gone, but coming back to win back to back nattys will make them think long and hard. It's a blessing in disguise though if they do leave or at least one of them because John Kelly is better than both of them.

I've been adjusting 2017 expectations (yes, strangely I already have some) on Hurd and Kamara being gone.

Kelly got some good reps and showed his value last year, we have CFA coming in this year, and RB recruiting is a top priority this cycle, so we should be able to absorb the blow.

Hurd and Kamara going to the NFL should be looked at as a positive regardless IMO

Reactions: 2 people
So, given they're gonna be gone barring injury and showing well this season, who takes their places.

John Kelly is a beast. Hes like a little bowling ball out there and he's quick to boot. Carlin Fils-Aime is coming off a knee injury so he is somewhat of an unknown going into the season.

Then whomever we sign this year. Already have 1 in the Coleman kid from LA, likely to get 2 out of 3 with Hayden, Chandler and Akers.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they are both gone, but coming back to win back to back nattys will make them think long and hard. It's a blessing in disguise though if they do leave or at least one of them because John Kelly is better than both of them.

? Kelly won't have near the impact that Hurd leaves. I hope he does, but I don't see it.

Reactions: 2 people
? Kelly won't have near the impact that Hurd leaves. I hope he does, but I don't see it.

He might not have the yards because Hurd was a three year starter and Hurd is probably a more complete back, but Kelly is a better running back. He's quicker, more agile, better balance, runs low and powerful, breaks more tackles and better vision as well.

He might not have the yards because Hurd was a three year starter and Hurd is probably a more complete back, but Kelly is a better running back. He's quicker, more agile, better balance, runs low and powerful, breaks more tackles and better vision as well.

There is no way to definitively say he's quicker, more agile, has better balance, breaks more tackle (that is absurd) etc. J. Kelly is unproven, whereas Hurd has proven himself against the best and ranks among the best running backs in the nation.

Reactions: 3 people
This. It's a very slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. If Hurd feels like the competition with Cook, Fournette, Chubb, Perine, and a plethora of others could hurt his draft stock he might stay an extra year.

Doubt it happens, but it's the only reason he would stay. Granted, Hurd is potentially a better prospect because of his size but every team's style for their RB is different. Just because Hurd might be the better player doesn't mean he is the RB they would choose.

In my opinion I think they are both gone after this season. I hope I'm wrong.

I would say so.

Which is one of the big reasons why 2016 is a year that this coaching staff has to prove they have what it takes to compete at the top level/make it to the SEC championship game..because 2017 could be shaky. Dobbs, Vereen, Hurd, Kamara, Barnett, Sutton, TKjr, Reeves-Maybin all among those that are going to be or very likely to be gone.

I feel like that has been the common thought. This coming draft class is absolutely loaded at RB with Chubb, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey among others. Is there any chance that Kamara or Hurd return for their senior years?

No they are staying on to be graduate assistants. NFL is for sissys!

No seriously, the only way I see one of them staying is if they get hurt and that isn't a very good trade-off.

Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
Gone like a '59 Cadillac
Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
They're gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, they're gone !!! :cray:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back