Anyone know 100% who is coming back?

We have five scholarships to give so that should be enough. We need about three players and they could make a difference that would be totally noticeable next season.
Could get two more besides the three your talking about Good backs wo are going to be seniors who aren't looking to be starters who would fit in . If Tennessee had good big backup 6 5 Center who good defend she would have gotten a few minutes this year.

Could get two more besides the three your talking about Good backs wo are going to be seniors who aren't looking to be starters who would fit in . If Tennessee had good big backup 6 5 Center who good defend she would have gotten a few minutes this year.
I'll just say after the portal season is over I will know all I need to know about where were going next season.

How’s that deflection. Believe asking personal finance falls under, stay in your lane. You want to share how much your courtside seats are or how much your business pulls a year? Or you want to deflect?

And to answer your question…believe I can question where my money is being used.
It's amazing how Tennessee unfortunately is the only major conference team that has to rely on fans having bake sales in order to stay competitive. Sadly, this means that they are limited to recruiting pure-hearted players who love the game instead of all these greedy immoral b****es that other schools are able to buy.

It's amazing how Tennessee unfortunately is the only major conference team that has to rely on fans having bake sales in order to stay competitive. Sadly, this means that they are limited to recruiting pure-hearted players who love the game instead of all these greedy immoral b****es that other schools are able to buy.
I’d buy some extra snickerdoodle cookies if they went in with Ham’n Goodys. Someone posted earlier…Tess is with Wiegles and did it with her own representation. But somehow NIL is the issue…even from a players standpoint it’s those running LVBC.

I go back to, if you can coach it’ll supersede NIL.

Last edited:
I have been reading all of the posters that say we should be competing with this team and better than that team ! It’s just speculation about what kind of a team we are supposed to be ? So I just took South Carolina and LSU , and Tennessee’s rosters to compare each player’s rankings coming out of high school to project which team has the better players and therefore should be competitive with who ?

Ranks— name. Team
1. Williams. LSU
2. Reese. LSU
2. Lith. LSU
2. Johnson. SC
4. Feagin. SC
4. Rosario. LSU
5. Cardoso. SC
5. Jackson. UT
11. Paopao. SC
12. Watkins. SC
13. Fulwiley. SC
14. Hall. SC
17. Kitts. SC
20. Morrow. LSU
21. Velez. LSU
25. Johnson. SC
37. Jill. UT
40. Jah. SC
43. Puckett. UT
45. Striplin. UT
51. Bartlett. LSU
57. Johnson. LSU
62. Wynn. UT
63. Walker. SC
73. Kent. LSU
78. Powell. UT
81. wells. UT
82. Spears. UT
100. Ace. UT
3*. Darby. UT

Ranking is per each school’s website! LSU has 4 top ten ranked players and SC has 3 and we have 1! SC has 5 in the top 10-20 and LSU has 1 and we have none! The rest is pretty simple to see that based on rankings coming out of high school ….., We should not be able to compete with these two teams !
Yet we will try ! 🤷‍♂️
Amazing anyone w double digit IQ could still say roster/recruiting is not the main problem. And that in no way excuses KJH; recruiting ultimately comes down to her. Doing more with less is the hardest task, and she hasn't been able to do it so far. I still think she's a decent enough coach, and certainly has the culture and organization, that she could win big w a more competitve roster.
I’d buy some extra snickerdoodle cookies if they went in with Ham’n Goodys. Someone posted earlier…Tess is with Wiegles and did it with her own representation. But somehow NIL is the issue…even from a players standpoint it’s those running LVBC.

You're purposely mixing things up again, of course. Tess and Weigel's is true name, image and likeness stuff that the LVs do well with. The "NIL" problem often discussed around here is the salary, or signing bonus which is only loosely and for legality sake tied to true NIL. That bigger chunk of cash, for which we need big corporate donors, is apparently where the LVs lag. But you know this, so fibbing for fun and games again.

And on what planet does coaching supersede the money? Afraid there aren't enough Rebecca from Donnybrook Farms out there who just want to come be coached up hard. Besides, plenty of schools, like So Car, offer both the money and the coach.

Reactions: brittannica
Amazing anyone w double digit IQ could still say roster/recruiting is not the main problem. And that in no way excuses KJH; recruiting ultimately comes down to her. Doing more with less is the hardest task, and she hasn't been able to do it so far. I still think she's a decent enough coach, and certainly has the culture and organization, that she could win big w a more competitve roster.

You're purposely mixing things up again, of course. Tess and Weigel's is true name, image and likeness stuff that the LVs do well with. The "NIL" problem often discussed around here is the salary, or signing bonus which is only loosely and for legality sake tied to true NIL. That bigger chunk of cash, for which we need big corporate donors, is apparently where the LVs lag. But you know this, so fibbing for fun and games again.

And on what planet does coaching supersede the money? Afraid there aren't enough Rebecca from Donnybrook Farms out there who just want to come be coached up hard. Besides, plenty of schools, like So Car, offer both the money and the coach.
Watched MTSU beat Tennessee this year….better coaching superseded NIL.

Without RJ, our roster on paper is better and probably collects more NIL.

A player opting for their own representation and she’s not a marquee name seems to say it’s not a NIL problem, but a management. I didn’t purposely mix anything…just stating what was said earlier. NIL was never a problem until the kool aide started tasting sweet.

SCar got the hire right. Fruits of making the right call.

Last edited:

Nothing supersedes $$

A player opting for their own representation and she’s not a marquee name seems to say it’s not a NIL problem, but a management. I didn’t purposely mix anything…just stating what was said earlier. NIL was never a problem until the kool aide started tasting sweet.
Getting a free coke at Weigels bc Tess hit a 3 is a far cry from the big money needed for salaries. Maybe Tess doesn't like to paint. And again, you know that and purposely muddy it. Also having mgmt seperate fm LVBHC for those nickel and dime things says absolutely nothing important about the LV's actual NIL problem.

Getting a free coke at Weigels bc Tess hit a 3 is a far cry from the big money needed for salaries. Maybe Tess doesn't like to paint. And again, you know that and purposely muddy it. Also having mgmt seperate fm LVBHC for those nickel and dime things says absolutely nothing important about the LV's actual NIL problem.
Believe it has more to do with the individual representation than the free 3 swag. I’m a capitalist, if she felt compelled/advised to go solo and market herself that way I commend her. Just throws a curve into the argument of NIL being a problem. Seems anyone can do it…like opening a Fidelity account to do stocks yourself or bank on a 401K with the hopes of 8% return.

This what makes this board so difficult right now. The piss on everything crowd actually want to force non support. Want to preach endlessly that not only do they hate everything, but everyone else has to also or else we're stupid sheep. They also have the comical delusion that us refusing to piss on everything makes doomsday get here that much faster. They refuse to accept! And guess what, unless you buy season tickets or are a donor, exactly zero people care and it makes zero difference to the real world situation.

Attendance was actually up a bit this year, a little over 9,000. 7th or 8th in country I think.

Look at the stands at a Missouri, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Fla or KY game. It's literally a few hundred scattered around. Ole Miss is definitely a team on the rise but Yo had to scold and plead to get 3,000 against us. IMO, our continued attendance is pretty amazing.

That said, if we don't get a really big portal haul I expect attendance to take a hit next year. But no where near underling SEC attendance levels.
😈
🤣

Believe it has more to do with the individual representation than the free 3 swag. I’m a capitalist, if she felt compelled/advised to go solo and market herself that way I commend her. Just throws a curve into the argument of NIL being a problem. Seems anyone can do it…like opening a Fidelity account to do stocks yourself or bank on a 401K with the hopes of 8% return.
Again, slowly for you. You are quite purposely conflating actual name, image, and likeness, the chump change players pick up for mostly local events, with salary. Salary is unrelated to NIL and should not be called that, It just got slipped in using vague future possible NIL obligations as justification for paying signing bonuses and salary.

As discussed a thousand times, individual players doing little events does NOT throw any curve into the argument of salary being the LVs problem. Yes they can sign shirts and paint with a twist, thanks to the tireless efforts of Terri. and apparently Tess' outside agents. Those little opportunities do exist, What the LVs appear to lack is big buck donors to match the base salaries SC and LSU arrange for their incoming players.

If you think that's just an excuse, that's fine. But argue that point and stop conflating it with nickel and dime true NIL. They are not related. And you know that.

Again, slowly for you. You are quite purposely conflating actual, real name, image, and likeness, the chump change players pick up for local events, etc, with salary. Salary is actually unrelated to NIL and should not be call that, but it got slipped in with it using vague NIL obligations as justification for paying signing bonuses and salary.

As discussed a thousand times, individual players doing little events does NOT throw any curve into the argument of salary being the LVs problem. Yes they can sign shirts and paint with a twist, thanks to the tireless efforts of Terri. and Tess' outside agents. Those little opportunities do exist, What the LVs appear to lack is big buck donors to match the base salaries SC and LSU arrange for their incoming players.

If you think that's just an excuse, that's fine. But argue that point and stop conflating it with nickel and dime true NIL. They are not related. And you know that.
You’re chirping salary and I’m saying a player went on her own. But yet, NIL is the issue. How get back to winning with less before we expect more.

You’re chirping salary and I’m saying a player went on her own. But yet, NIL is the issue. How get back to winning with less before we expect more.
Once more. Because a player went on her own for pocket change endorsements does not mean she also went and found a successful salary on her own. True name image likeness a la carte opportunites are there for sure. Guaranteed salary not so much.

We've been told many times our salary sucks in comparison to close competitors. Got told just the other day our upfront $ for Wells and Spear combined was less than LSU paid Del Rosario to dump us. Disbelieve that if you will, but stop using the fact that Tess found NIL shirzee change in the console to prove our basic salary problems aren't real. They are two entirely different things, for the eighth time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
Once more. A player did not go on her own for salary. A player went on her own for gas money. Because she was successful finding gas money in no way means she also went on her own and found a successful salary.

We've been told many times our salary sucks in comparison to close competitors. Got told just the other day our signing bonus for Wells and Spear combined was less than LSU paid Del Rosario to dump us. Disbelieve that if you will, but stop using the fact Tess found NIL shirzee change in the console to prove our salary problems aren't real. They are two entirely different things, for the eighth time.
Again, keep saying salary and repeating it. A player opted elsewhere. No matter how you package it or spin it the result is still the same. It’s encouraging though.

Again, keep saying salary and repeating it. A player opted elsewhere. No matter how you package it or spin it the result is still the same. It’s encouraging though.
Are you actually doubting players get a stipend, salary, signing bonus, whatever you want to name it? You are incorrect sir, but that never stops you.

We get it dude, you hate CKH. Newsflash, the next coach will struggle recruiting HS ladies if the signing bonus doesn't get fixed. Carry on with your BS . Facts are hard for you trolls to understand.

Game Thread (7/9) Lady Vols112 - ETSU 58
Post # 27 December 20 2021
A poster said
"Think They are all vaccinated the only person I'm Not sure about
Is Tess Darby. I don't know if she Shares Her Parents political views"
@Vol4gzus
no ones business who is vaccinated & who is not who cares about political views looks like to me you smart people are ot as smart when focus is on players parents. Darby will go places other than basketball amd will probably be successful at whatever she decides to do, whether vaccinated or not

Reactions: mudcat1973
@glv98 - Just ignore him - you know the old saying - "Never get into a wrestling match with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it!"

Are you actually doubting players get a stipend, salary, signing bonus, whatever you want to name it? You are incorrect sir, but that never stops you.

@glv98 - Just ignore him - you know the old saying - "Never get into a wrestling match with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it!"
More name calling I see. When in question just toss out insults, amazing how “good guys” act when they don’t like an opposing view.

Put lipstick on NIL and call it what you want. It’s still the new kool aide excuse adopted as “the reason”

no ones business who is vaccinated & who is not who cares about political views looks like to me you smart people are ot as smart when focus is on players parents. Darby will go places other than basketball amd will probably be successful at whatever she decides to do, whether vaccinated or not
She's one my favorite on this team like all . The person who made that post was mostly talking about if Tennessee would miss a game.
Best I recalled That poster all the other post stay on basketball pretty good supporter of the team. Don't recall anyone else saying something about Tess Darby family political views. But don't read every thread skip around..
Most of the time I let it go when one or two say something about Tess Darby.
But this thread turn into if Tess Darby should stay if a new coach or find a new school or not take a COVID-19 year . I had enough of what I seen of posters talking about Tess Darby since she's been here. .
But just my take what I seen she's gets more people attacking her than any other player.

Several other posts about Tess Darby comes to mind sometimes when someone says Tess Darby should not be here.. not going through all posting that bug me posters have said about Tess Darby.

Tess Darby seems like a sweet girl. My favorite Tess Darby article is
Tess Darby played the long game and won.
It's about Tess recruitment to Tennessee and how on college scouting report Tess Darby was rated top 60 before a bone bruise cause her to miss summer ball and drop in the player ratings. I read it more than once nice story on family was happy to have Tess Darby come to rocky top Tennessee

Tess Darby should have been red shirted freshmen season because Kellie said Tess Darby was limited when she could practice. . Might been one those injury just wouldn't get heal up. Don't know if it had anything to do with the softmore high school injury. That's Tess Darby business. But in one of her other articles about Tess Darby . Tess Darby said " I get that Year back"

n M

Last edited:
The players you want to transfer out are here because they quit being picky about recruits.

Can't have it both ways. We need to able to be very picky about recruits, just like So Carolina.
Focus on who we want and if we don’t get them don’t just settle.

Any way welcome to volsnation.

VN Store

Back