Anyone know 100% who is coming back?

My thing this year is NIL,,,I just cab't understand why a name like TN's,,,TN-LVs-Summitt-BB,,,A name with such a national recognition in t he sport can't get National Nils?
It’s not hindering other female sports like softball. They pull top talent out of the portal and take Top 10 HS players and you don’t hear NIL. And majority are partial or no scholarship money to play.

It’s not hindering other female sports like softball. They pull top talent out of the portal and take Top 10 HS players and you don’t hear NIL. And majority are partial or no scholarship money to play.
You know softball way better than me, but I know soccer. Just had a fam member go thru D1 recruiting (not to UT). Soccer players, except maybe the very top one or two, do not get upfront NIL money, or 'salary' at all. They get partial schoolies and are told they'll get help getting steered toward true NIL opportunities, t shirt signings, etc. That's it. I believe softball is the same.

Only women's bball needs lots of upfront cash for recruits per my understanding. That's why softball etc is still able to recruit successfully.

My thing this year is NIL,,,I just cab't understand why a name like TN's,,,TN-LVs-Summitt-BB,,,A name with such a national recognition in t he sport can't get National Nils?
I'm assuming by 'national NILs' you mean national endorsement deals. Those are extremely limiited, I could be wrong but I don't think more than 4 or 5 of the top players have them. And they are for the player, not the team brand. No one on the current LV team is in the stratosphere with those kind of deals except Rickea. Who, much to Dark Phoenix's dismay, seems not all that interested in developing them. Seems happy with what she's got.

What I can't understand is why a brand as beloved as the LVs is around E TN and with how revered Pat and the old days are, they can't get a couple of super wealthies like the Haslams to donate what would be chump change for them to bring in recruits. The LVBHC seems to be able to spot raise in scramble mode to get a few portal players but there is no long term, sustained fund development.

I'm assuming by 'national NILs' you mean national endorsement deals. Those are extremely limiited, I could be wrong but I don't think more than 4 or 5 of the top players have them. And they are for the player, not the team brand. No one on the current LV team is in the stratosphere with those kind of deals except Rickea. Who, much to Dark Phoenix's dismay, seems not all that interested in developing them. Seems happy with what she's got.

What I can't understand is why a brand as beloved as the LVs is around E TN and with how revered Pat and the old days are, they can't get a couple of super wealthies like the Haslams to donate what would be chump change for them to bring in recruits. The LVBHC seems to be able to spot raise in scramble mode to get a few portal players but there is no long term, sustained fund development.
this has puzzled me too

True story

I went to a game early and sat on a front row watching the pre-game
The bench never filled up so I sat there
A older gentleman sat down on the row.
I scooted over and told him it was not my seat and I would leave after warmups
He told me "sit there,,,no one's going to be there tonight
We introduced and he was a Haslam...Don't know which just know he was kind
I also noticed he watched the game,,,didn't text, didn't leave,,,he enjoyed the game

You're right, significant NIL to women's BB is not monumental amounts
Confusing why somethings as powerful in its field,,,struggles
Marketability usually ='s public visibility

this has puzzled me too

True story

I also noticed he watched the game,,,didn't text, didn't leave,,,he enjoyed the game

I'm surprised no rich E TN person has done it as a publicity gesture towards women's sports. That's basically how Rickea got Mercedes. The wife of the owner, who happens to be an LV athlete/pioneer from the 60s, told him the next big donation to UT Athletics HAD to be to the women. Thank you sweet baby jesus Rickea was HER.

this has puzzled me too

True story

Dolly been on Rocky top
Maybe she used a little of Dollywood marketing money to help Lady Vols basketball booster club
Know it goes to all women's sports.

Dolly been on Rocky top
Maybe she used a little of Dollywood marketing money to help Lady Vols basketball booster club
Know it goes to all women's sports.
Mud… ya just nailed our NIL marketing target. 🎯 Nice work. @EarlVolFan, take it from here… 😉🤣

That Vandy freshman would be nice… 😏

Mud… ya just nailed our NIL marketing target. 🎯 Nice work. @EarlVolFan, take it from here… 😉🤣

That Vandy freshman would be nice… 😏
With Kellie jolly being a fromer lady Vols basketball/ Tennessee girl
That's a good pitch to use on business / people who are well off
With ties to University of Tennessee / State of Tennessee/ Lady Vols fans

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back