any realistic qb targets in this cycle at this point?

Like Lawrence, it will be a long time before he touches the field at UGA. Wish we could swing one of them.

Guarantee, Justin Fields sees the field NEXT YEAR .. not as a starter but there will be packages put in for him. It will be like Greene/Shockley in 2003/2004 or Leak/Tebow for the Gators in 2005.

Now Lawrence, not so much. He is not a DT guy and is a lot like Hunter Johnson who should be the heir apparent behind Bryant but Lawrence is good enough to jump him ... so maybe UT can swing Hunter Johnson to transfer? He was committed to UT at one point already right?

Penix was asked to look around.

Martinez was Frosted. Got to give him credit, as he jumped on him right out of the gate. Fact is, the QB pool is shallow and Nebraskuh had limited options. UT was running in circles at the time. By the time Pruitt was hired Frost already had Martinez blouse undone.

That is some funny stuff right there :lolabove:

UT should also take a shot at Joey Gatewood and piss off the Auburn fans!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Guarantee, Justin Fields sees the field NEXT YEAR .. not as a starter but there will be packages put in for him. It will be like Greene/Shockley in 2003/2004 or Leak/Tebow for the Gators in 2005.

Now Lawrence, not so much. He is not a DT guy and is a lot like Hunter Johnson who should be the heir apparent behind Bryant but Lawrence is good enough to jump him ... so maybe UT can swing Hunter Johnson to transfer? He was committed to UT at one point already right?

Johnson AND Lawrence were commits at one time.

...Botched.

Just remember, Michael Penix was just told to to kick rocks. He was a 3 - 4 star depending on what service you follow. Why would you go after another 3 star when one was already committed? You don't throw something away unless you have something in reserve.

Just remember, Michael Penix was just told to to kick rocks. He was a 3 - 4 star depending on what service you follow. Why would you go after another 3 star when one was already committed? You don't throw something away unless you have something in reserve.

They are 2 completely different type of QB's. Penix was not a great passer and had a long way to go before he became one. They dropped Penix because he doesn't fit the mold of the type of QB they want to run our offense.

Emory Jones or Matt Corral, both are looking.

i think Corral is losing steam due to off field issues? not sure he's worth the risk? looks like he might be headed to Ole miss....?? not sure if UF has picked their interest back up...

Jones, that's intriguing. never really considered him as an option. if there was any chance of flipping him, obviously, go for it.

just checking the big board, there's not a lot of guys uncommitted at this point, so i would think it might require a flip to get one in this class.

Washington has two guys in the top 20 committed, Michigan has one committed, but maybe might be interested in looking around since the news on Shea Patterson?

and i have no idea who on that list is an EE or who's waiting til February....

any transfer possibilities?

not really over anxious or anything, but if QD were to transfer...then it might be time to....lol.

just curious what y'alls thoughts are since we're starting over at QB....

Well, we are starting over at most positions. Except for Gillespie. Recruiting is based on relationships, and we are at a disadvantage there. It is what it is for now.

i think Corral is losing steam due to off field issues? not sure he's worth the risk? looks like he might be headed to Ole miss....?? not sure if UF has picked their interest back up...

Jones, that's intriguing. never really considered him as an option. if there was any chance of flipping him, obviously, go for it.

I for one would be interested to hear what hg thinks Corral does

I know he’s taking OV to UF this weekend and signs with either OM or UF next Friday

I for one would be interested to hear what hg thinks Corral does

I know he’s taking OV to UF this weekend and signs with either OM or UF next Friday

he was in here yesterday talking about it. iirc, didn't seem to terribly excited, or worried, about corral. just that he was a headcase, and mullen maybe has shied away....and hadn't visited him yet.

We don't need a QB right now. Between the three left you have a year to wait. 19 class will be hit hard for a top QB. The bottom line is that in college you can surround a second rate QB with a talented line and skills and still win big. Look no further than Alabama as an example of this.

There is a JUCO dual threat guy that was decent last year

Sheriron Jones So QB Mt. San Jacinto
Completions: 208
Attempts: 393
Percentage: 52.9%
Yards: 2162
Touchdowns: 17
Interceptions: 14

Also ran for 300 plus yards.

While I am obviously joking here. I actually always liked him and wish him well. He just committed to New Mexico.

He was so influential in that Va Tech game getting our guys hyped up.

Last edited:
We don't need a QB right now. Between the three left you have a year to wait. 19 class will be hit hard for a top QB. The bottom line is that in college you can surround a second rate QB with a talented line and skills and still win big. Look no further than Alabama as an example of this.

the problem is not knowing if QD is going to transfer.

if it pans out and QD remains on the roster, then yeah, it's probably not a big deal, just from a #'s standpoint.

but if QD does transfer....things get pretty tough.

add to that, that most of these top notch qb's are going to EE, there's just no time to even have a shot at flipping one of those guys.

i think there's a couple they can take their shot at, but you almost have to set your sights on a guy like Shrout that gives you a realistic shot at getting a style of qb you want, and the time to get him.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes we do. We don't know if Dormady is for sure staying or transferring like he had been rumored to. With Butch gone I'm not 100% sure he stays. Then that gives us 2 scholarship QB's. We literally were one play away from having 2 walk-on QB's playing and backing up the other. We badly need one.Ala also has 5 star RB's and receivers all over the place to go with that beast OLine. And that 2nd rate QB got them beat against AU and if LSU and Flor St had gotten good QB play they could have beaten them.All 3 of those teams **** down Ala and when they couldn't run Hurts couldn't step up. That's exactly why I think Clemson shuts their run game down and beats Ala by 14+.

VN Store

Back