Another NC ring is available

7000 is far to high for this ring, who's was it? Was it one of the coaching staff rings, a sample ring etc. The copies (for use in a shadow box, etc.) sell for $30.00. With teams getting "bowl rings" now, there is a possible 8000-9000 bowl rings being given away each year, while not a NATY ring the huge increase in bowls and rings will have an effect of the value of these "collectibles" While a UT championship ring is rare, and was made when 10K gold was the base metal, the guy getting $7,000.00 is the only one doing well.

7000 is far to high for this ring, who's was it? Was it one of the coaching staff rings, a sample ring etc. The copies (for use in a shadow box, etc.) sell for $30.00. With teams getting "bowl rings" now, there is a possible 8000-9000 bowl rings being given away each year, while not a NATY ring the huge increase in bowls and rings will have an effect of the value of these "collectibles" While a UT championship ring is rare, and was made when 10K gold was the base metal, the guy getting $7,000.00 is the only one doing well.
not showing who the player is doesn't make sense -- Travis Henry ring auction showed his name -- for some reason Ebay sellers don't

Probably a guy in his 40's that is 5'7" and 250LBs will buy and resize the ring and wear in the home games with his jersey on
I feel like I definitely know that guy. You left out receding hair line and small hands, probably drives a lifted truck.

If he's going through a divorce, he may be liquidating assets. Never know with these things.

All you single guys need to seriously re-read this post.

Get a pre-nup or don’t get married.

Odds are 50/50 at best you won’t get a divorce at some point. That is basically a gun with two chambers and 1 bullet you are playing Russian roulette with.

I just do not understand why an actual fan would want to have one of these, it's not like you played or even were part of the team. To me, it's like the stolen valor guys wearing military medals one did not earn.

The word you're looking for is 'memorabilia'.

Sad to see this for 2 likely reasons IMO.

#1. The owner likely needs the money, unless his harpy of a soon to be ex wife wants half the value in a settlement. Hope neither is true.

#2. I just do not understand why an actual fan would want to have one of these, it's not like you played or even were part of the team. To me, it's like the stolen valor guys wearing military medals one did not earn.
I think the same thing about Jerseys, shoes, warm-ups, Bowl game/ championship footballs etc. As these are 10K gold, not like the "fake" gold that are being handed out now, there is some room for speculation $$$. In my opinion the starting price is to high-as to be a reasonable investment.

I would love to have it. Shadow box it for display with a nameplate commemorating whose it was, when it was won, etc. Would rather a VOL fan have it and display it as someone else other than his family.

Exactly. We can speculate on the "whys", but we may never know the truth. I won't be bidding on it, but if I had the money to do it, I would find a way to contact the player, give him my contact info and the price I paid for it. And if the time comes he and a member of his family wants it back? I am easy to find.

It was stolen many years ago is why it was up for sale. I had the unfortunate pleasure of doing some work on his new house back in 17 and he told me the story. He had a new one made then when this popped up for sale he ended up getting this one back too.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back