Another NC ring is available

If that would be the reason -- I think a couple of benefits for Bobby would be a nice gesture -- he was before my time, but no doubt a popular Vol QB -- Deerpark posted Dr Scott wore the ring all the time, I hate to see him sell it off

I've seen many wealthy folks lose their savings and even homes over late in life medical costs. Yeah a GoFundMe for a VFL like Bobby would easily eclipse the 4k Dr Scott wants for his ring

Could be a walk on that shared that #. My roommate was one and got a ring. Never played but had a #

Reactions: Type Orange+
Reactions: 1 person
Sad to see this for 2 likely reasons IMO.

#1. The owner likely needs the money, unless his harpy of a soon to be ex wife wants half the value in a settlement. Hope neither is true.

#2. I just do not understand why an actual fan would want to have one of these, it's not like you played or even were part of the team. To me, it's like the stolen valor guys wearing military medals one did not earn.

Soooo you are serious gonna act like you wouldn't want to own a piece of championship history?

Reactions: 2 people
Could be a walk on that shared that #. My roommate was one and got a ring. Never played but had a #

From the pics, it kinda looks like SCOTT is the name on the ring

It never fails to crack me up that Butch had Gator Bowl instead of Taxslayer Bowl on the rings as if the Gator Bowl is relevant to anything.

wrong
1e31983f1f9002d923e1c4d949309b68.jpg

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken players can get another ring made to replace theirs. Why wouldn't they sell one for 4500 and buy a new much much cheaper?

There was a cab driver in Knoxville who had one ~10 years ago. I rode with him a couple of times and he had all these great stories about the 90's Vols. I think a relative played for the Vols and gave him the ring at some point.

VN Store

Back