Android

I'm used to carrying a long front wallet. It's pretty much the same size and just sits behind it. It's close to being too big for me and might be too big for some folks. But, the more I read forums where folks are buying them, it seems most people aren't having a problem with the size. I'd certainly recommend looking at it and trying it out in your pockets.

Not for everyone for sure, though.

Thanks for the input! I'm definitely interested in trying it out. It looks like quite the device.

I left my favorite ROM (ParanoidAndroid) on my Nexus 7 to spend a little time with (rooted) stock Android 4.2, and I really like some of the new tweaks and features.

Having multiple log-ins is nice. Lockscreen widgets are nice, though nothing new to those who flash ROMs. When you are asked which app to open to perform a task, you can now double tap to open rather than click, then select once/always. Though more of a shortcut than a toggle, the settings dropdown is a step in the right direction. Project Butter continues to impress. The new default keyboard is MUCH improved (though I will stick with Swype for now). Google Now has been updated, including some new cards and settings; I still have some more Google Now exploring to do, though...

All in all, very good first impression for Android 4.2. Can't wait until some of the better custom ROMs incorporate it...

Any of the new phones still come with an FM receiver? Time to upgrade from my X2 and it seems that FM is being dropped from the phones. Yes, I already use TuneIn, BeyondPod, etc., but FM doesn't use as much battery or data and I can still listen to games with it.

While not billed as a Nexus device, I am really getting excited by the Motorola 'X-Phone' rumors.

Rumors from various sources are all saying pretty much the same things at this point:

• 4.8-5" display
  • Battery capacity in the realm of the Moto MAXX line (3,000+ mAh)
  • Quad-core processor
  • microSD card slot (Giggity)
  • Up to 128GB internal storage
  • Upgraded camera (possibly from Sony)
  • For all major carriers
    [*]Available from carriers as well as directly through Google​
  • Stock Android (5.0 Key Lime Pie)

As great as all of these specs sound, the idea of getting stock (easily root-able) Android on a high-end device with Motorola radios has to put this device at the top of any potential 'device of the year' list.

so we wanted to watch a movie and I couldn't find the Roku remote last night. Downloaded their remote for my phone and will probably just throw the old remote away. It is a really well done app and controls the Roku even better than the remote. Plus it adds in keyboard functionality if you have to search and voice controls for your channels. It's free so worth a try

so we wanted to watch a movie and I couldn't find the Roku remote last night. Downloaded their remote for my phone and will probably just throw the old remote away. It is a really well done app and controls the Roku even better than the remote. Plus it adds in keyboard functionality if you have to search and voice controls for your channels. It's free so worth a try

I've heard nothing but positive things about the Roku 3. I have an Apple TV and I really enjoy it, but I've given the Roku some serious consideration given its price.

Looking to get a Droid Razr Max HD. I like to stream games and hook up to my tv. Can't afford the 500.00 and up models. Was wondering would this phone be a good fit for me. Any suggestions.

Sure, why not.

Any phone with HDMI out will do that.

Only real outstanding thing about the RAZR Maxx HD is the battery life... Blows every other phone in existence out of the water.

did anybody with an S3 or similar, get an update from Verizon? Now my phone does the LED flash for notifications and I don't know where to turn it off

It's not checked in the settings menu, but it still goes off when I get emails and texts. I think it's a setting in the text/email menus, but I can't find it

did anybody with an S3 or similar, get an update from Verizon? Now my phone does the LED flash for notifications and I don't know where to turn it off

It's not checked in the settings menu, but it still goes off when I get emails and texts. I think it's a setting in the text/email menus, but I can't find it

Settings, more display, led indicator, deselect the notification one. Should take care of it.

There may be an led notification app that you can download and set it to "off". It may override the other setting.

Settings, more display, led indicator, deselect the notification one. Should take care of it.

should have clarified: It's the camera flash LED, not the LED on the front of the phone. I want that one to blink, not the camera flash LED to flash. I checked what you were talking about and those aren't the problem.

Ben: I haven't downloaded any app like that. It just started happening when my underwent a Verizon update the other day

EDIT: I see under accessibility there is a flash notification box, but it's not checked and it still flashes??

Last edited:
mine only does it on calls when the phone is on vibrate. I didn't mind it so didn't look to see how to turn it off. I do need to figure out how to turn some of the notifications off though. Old way doesn't work

should have clarified: It's the camera flash LED, not the LED on the front of the phone. I want that one to blink, not the camera flash LED to flash. I checked what you were talking about and those aren't the problem.

Ben: I haven't downloaded any app like that. It just started happening when my underwent a Verizon update the other day

Im saying that there is an app that you could download that will help you. Try Flash On SMS, you can disable that on that app, i don't know if it will override the phone's setting or not though. Wouldn't hurt to try.

from another forum:

Settings > Accessibility > Flash Notification..Make sure that's unchecked.

If it's not checked (and probably won't be) you have to check it, then uncheck it again to stop this.

from another forum:

Settings > Accessibility > Flash Notification..Make sure that's unchecked.

If it's not checked (and probably won't be) you have to check it, then uncheck it again to stop this.

Since its the flash led, what pj just said should stop it.

VN Store

Back