Am I the only one that thinks we can beat Georgia?

It seems to me that I’m the only Tennessee fan that thinks that they can beat Georgia. I will stick to my saying, Smart can’t beat Pruitt. Why am I the only one thinks this? Georgia has a young team this year, and it doesn’t matter what they have 4 or 5 star players. We can beat them.:)

Yes

Certainly possible as the dawgs lost a ton of defensive starters and starting RBs/WR.

Odds aren't in our favor but I don't expect a blow out either...so hang close and take advantage of any opportunities that come their way.

It seems to me that I’m the only Tennessee fan that thinks that they can beat Georgia. I will stick to my saying, Smart can’t beat Pruitt. Why am I the only one thinks this? Georgia has a young team this year, and it doesn’t matter what they have 4 or 5 star players. We can beat them.:)

Nope. You aren't the only delusional fool on here.

Good grief, do you ever shut up? :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Don't worry guys.....The Peay will take care of UGA for ya!!!!

Georgia will own the SEC for years until UT starts recruiting 4-5 star talent to compete. Right now, Alabama, UGA and Auburn are way ahead of every other team in the conference.

Kirby is in a league above Butch and Jeremy is in a league above Kirby. Would make up for the differential in talent and it’s not like we are severely lacking in it.

If being a great coordinator guaranteed that you'd be a great HC then there's a lot of unemployed guys who should be headed to the hall of fame. We don't know that Pruitt is a better HC than Smart.

I'm one who thinks coaching accounts for more than most people here. UT does have some talent. But UGA is pretty loaded. Smart has a couple of years head start on Pruitt and Jones frankly wasn't as great in recruiting as advertised.

I would love to see UT win but it would be a major, major upset.

Georgia will own the SEC for years until UT starts recruiting 4-5 star talent to compete. Right now, Alabama, UGA and Auburn are way ahead of every other team in the conference.

Now I will change hates and argue the other way. If Pruitt is a better coach than Smart then he won't always have to have the most talent. IMO it has to be closer than it is but coaching can make up for a lot of talent deficiency.

As long as somebody knocks the taste out of Cade Mays' mouth it will be OK. The wins can come the years after if need be.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it's possible. In 2016 what really helped us was Chubb getting injured and we still beat them with Michel. They are both gone now and I think our run defense is definitely a big weakness but if we can stop their run game we have a chance. I don't think Fromm is going to light us on fire in the passing game.

VN Store

Back