Am I missing something?

Oh, and as far as the conference goes I forgot about South Carolina, you know the program that get Holtz then Spurrier while we had Doofus and now Mr. Jones.

We are second from last in the east. I even give Mizzou the nod as they did beat us last year.

Reactions: 1 person
Well he can say that all he wants but anyone, including the recruits, can see it was not Gus but an illegally recruited Cam that won the NC for them. I would think in the dirty world of recruiting that the recruits have been told this by multiple people but alas, they have the 16th ranked class.

Dude let me sum up the state of our prgram real quick for you, we can't even get the top player in our own state to give us the time of day, oh wait make that the top 5 playes in our own state. Now you tell me the state of our program. When we start winning games the recuits will come, until then it is going to be very difficult to win these recruiting battles against other schools. I wish it were different but its not. GBO!!

Dude let me sum up the state of our program real quick for you, we can't even get the top player in our own state to give us the time of day, oh wait make that the top 5 players in our own state. Now you tell me the state of our program. When we start winning games the recruits will come, until then it is going to be very difficult to win these recruiting battles against other schools. I wish it were different but its not. GBO!!
Hard to start winning with below average SEC coaches and Less than a Vaandy type of roster! I like Coach Jones, Jay and Willie, the rest is a What the heck was he thinking kind of hire,lol

Reactions: 3 people
Hard to start winning with below average SEC coaches and Less than a Vaandy type of roster! I like Coach Jones, Jay and Willie, the rest is a What the heck was he thinking kind of hire,lol

Agreed, hopefully we can start stealing a few recruits and start this turnaround. GBO!!!

true fans.... get Over your self! I bleed Orange not Butch! The AD's have sunk Our Football Program ...This staff is not the best staff we could have assembled!

Disagree with you...stop with the razor...don't need blood demonstrations..is just football
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dude let me sum up the state of our prgram real quick for you, we can't even get the top player in our own state to give us the time of day, oh wait make that the top 5 playes in our own state. Now you tell me the state of our program. When we start winning games the recuits will come, until then it is going to be very difficult to win these recruiting battles against other schools. I wish it were different but its not. GBO!!

Hence the purpose of the thread. WHY? Why is virtually ever SEC program on the up and up except us?

What, aside form some big time wins, do we need to start getting the elite talent again?

As you can see your going to hear some really good excuses. Personally, I'm sick of them just like you are. Bottom line is....this staff seems to have trouble closing the deal. I'm not in panic mode yet but there is definite cause for concern. Saying anything else is just pumping sunshine.

I would prefer to pump sunshine rather than all this BS!

Gasguy let me first say that I do not disagree with you entirely and I love your passion!
My concern is that when we speak so fervently it has consequences. Recruits considering UT read our blogs to "check the pulse", and if they find signs of blood in the water we don't exactly help Butch and the boys sell our program and bring in the guns we want here. So I have to look at those like coasty, join them, and say we have to support the Vols and try to help sell. I do believe butch has us moving in the right direction and only time will tell if he is the guy. Right now he's our guy and has a tough as heck road with the sec and especially the schedule next season.
So Im shouting "go vols" from the rooftops till we see the need to do otherwise.
If that day comes ill be standing beside you with my pitchfork. But let's not shoot ourselves in the foot along the way

I really don't think 18 year old athletes spend hours on these websites. I am simply a frustrated lifelong fan that wants to have something to get excited about in the fall. I am tired of the "maybe next year" crap. It will become "maybe next decade" unless we make some kind of an impact ...NOW!

You don't think there is this kind of concern on Auburn's site?

I would prefer to pump sunshine rather than all this BS!

DENIAL........your in it.

It's ok though, I was there when Dooley was hired. I'm excited about Butch being our coach, hes miles better than Dooley and he has the wins to prove it. However, saying someone is a better coach than Dools doesn't take much. All I'm saying is at this point I see no reason to be excited about this recruiting class and it concerns me.

Last edited:
Hence the purpose of the thread. WHY? Why is virtually ever SEC program on the up and up except us?

What, aside form some big time wins, do we need to start getting the elite talent again?

Well, in my opinion, a guy like Jones is the type of guy they should have hired instead of Dallas Cowboy sensation, Derek Dooley.

I honestly don't think this program will ever improve under the leadership of Booger Cheek (and a couple of others).

This thread is dumb. Why are people freaking out over rankings that arnt even final yet? You cant put a lot onthis class because dooley ruined a lot of chances with top players in our state ie ramsey. I applaud the coaches with the way they have don so far. They have gotten some big time atheletes here in a short period of time including the #2 prospect in the nation. And another 5* this weekend. It is hard to sell a program in a month. We ars stillgonna get a couple of good atheletes on nsd. Be patiant

Reactions: 2 people
Give the new coaching staff a chance. They are doing a helluva job considering they have been on the job for only a month against enormous odds. Would you run to sign with us given our recent history? We will get the players to help us rise and it will get better with each year. I am excited and know it will happen..give it some time. It is not the current staffs' fault for the past.. Vols have a great future..future so bright..gotta wear shades! Just saying
:matrix::shades::yahoo:

DENIAL........your in it.

It's ok though, I was there when Dooley was hired. I'm excited about Butch being our coach, hes miles better than Dooley and he has the wins to prove it. However, saying someone is a better coach than Dools doesn't take much. All I'm saying is at this point I see no reason to be excited about this recruiting class and it concerns me.

Call it what you want, I just think CBJ deserves at least a chance (one season) before you judge his ability to coach at the SEC level. It amazes me how some people start all the negativity when Green decides to keep with his commitment to UM. I look at it as a great job that this coaching staff did in a short time getting him to CONSIDER UT. Not denial just the glass is half full to me. We have been here before and we will climb out! RISE TO THE TOP!

Not read VN in a while. A lot of you guys seriously need to go on prozac, take a break, commune with nature or whatever.

Reactions: 2 people
31st ranked class (rivals)? Ole Miss out recruiting us along with Vandy and the usual suspects? Fulmers worst class was in the 30's.

How are we supposed to get back to at least competing without the players to do it?

Auburn just had a coaching change and a worse season that we did but they are of course out recruiting us buy a mile. So is West Virginia and OK State. What am I missing?

If we can't do better than this then we are in trouble.
Hello Kentucky part II.

What is going on? Is there a realistic chance that we get a bunch of good news on the 6th (or 7th)?

Context, you're missing context.

Ole Miss came put of nowhere this season and won, big in some cases.

Ok. State has had multiple 10 win seasons over the last 5 years.

West Virginia has been a solid, stable program for the better part of 10 years.

Vanderbilt just had its best season in literally a century.

Oh...and Auburn has that little ole' National Championship just 2 years ago.

Seriously...what don't you get? The common thread with each of the programs you mentioned is WINNING. Like it or not UT hasn't fielded a competitive team in an amount of time longer than recruits played their first snap of high school football....THAT'S BAD.

I'm sure this has been regurgitated several times in this thread but WE NEED TO WIN TO BE RELEVANT AGAIN.

Every one of the teams you mentioned accomplished that in the last 2 years.....pretty simple; win and we recruit better, don't and we remain on the outside looking in.

Context, you're missing context.

Ole Miss came put of nowhere this season and won, big in some cases.

Ok. State has had multiple 10 win seasons over the last 5 years.

West Virginia has been a solid, stable program for the better part of 10 years.

Vanderbilt just had its best season in literally a century.

Oh...and Auburn has that little ole' National Championship just 2 years ago.

Seriously...what don't you get? The common thread with each of the programs you mentioned is WINNING. Like it or not UT hasn't fielded a competitive team in an amount of time longer than recruits played their first snap of high school football....THAT'S BAD.

I'm sure this has been regurgitated several times in this thread but WE NEED TO WIN TO BE RELEVANT AGAIN.

Every one of the teams you mentioned accomplished that in the last 2 years.....pretty simple; win and we recruit better, don't and we remain on the outside looking in.

You have made some good points and I agree. My point is as a fan we all want to see UT get back to "10 win seasons," correct? If that is true how in the world are all of theses "the sky is falling" fans doing anything to help the cause? I don't think Hart is going to fire CBJ before he at least coaches a game unless an integrity issue come up. Give CBJ at least a chance for goodness sake! Yes Dooley did not turn the program around and yes Hammy, in my opinion, set the athletic department back but at least give Hart and CBJ a chance before you post such negative comments! It's not like programs have been down and come back in the past! Either you are part of the solution or part of the problem! Good grief!

Man, we miss out on one kid no one expected us to get and half this fan base is ready to jump off the ledge. Back up, guys. Give Butch a chance and some time. This guy comes to Knoxville having won 4 conference titles in 6 years and twice as many games as he lost. Rember, Saban, Miles, Spurrier all started coaching outside the Sec.

Disagree with you...stop with the razor...don't need blood demonstrations..is just football
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Just because you had a man crush on Dooley doesn't mean we should settle for Big East Garbage . We have the whitest staff in the SEC and if you think race isn't alive and strong in 2013 with young kids 17-21 your dumb and out of touch. This staff sucks compared to most. I'm not sold on this staff Jones brought . Way over paid some coaches that have yet to prove they belong in the SEC. It's not signing day yet but this staff has yet to sign anyone other than a TE & OT that was Cincy Bound.

Reactions: 3 people
Man, we miss out on one kid no one expected us to get and half this fan base is ready to jump off the ledge. Back up, guys. Give Butch a chance and some time. This guy comes to Knoxville having won 4 conference titles in 6 years and twice as many games as he lost. Rember, Saban, Miles, Spurrier all started coaching outside the Sec.
Yep playing teams like Austin pea,Connecticut

VN Store

Back