Alvin Kamara Appreciation Thread (merged)

now Alvin don't go all nuts on us...keep a level head, stay hungry and humble...good luck...:crossfingers:

GO VOLS!

Can we get a learned and scholarly poster to decipher precisely does this means

You really can't understand what he is saying? So even if you think he is using slang or something are you unable to use context clues?

And, "Does this means?" Come on. You seem to be trying to poke fun at his words and your sentence structure is lacking.

Reactions: 9 people
Is this your gut feeling and remembrance, or do you have numbers that say he was underutilized?
88426f34bac6657a0eb103ae42766a01.png

Congrats to Alvin Kamara!

Don't know where you get your stats, but he averaged 4.5 ypc at UT. Not to mention he was going to be our all time leading rusher in his Junior year if things had continued like his first two.

He was averaging 3.7 the year he decided to bail. All time yardage at a school is a meaningless stat since now most teams play 12-13 games a year, bowl stats are included, and most great RBs leave early anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
“There’s a reason why he was Jalen’s backup, everyone will see why soon.....in 2018 or 2019, or sometime....”

-Jalen Hurd’s mom

And I'm still the only one anywhere on the internet that said Alvin Kamara was the #1 RB in the 2017 NFL Draft and the next Marshall Faulk.

You thinking Fournette and Cook were better than Kamara is just as silly as Hurd's mom.

Reactions: 3 people
Hurd gets bashed a lot. But truth is he was one our best players and most productive players EVER.

Bad in-home guidance.
Rotten leadership and treatment from his head coach.

Hurd is an NFL RB. Was very tough.
Kamara and him should have been co-srarters.

However, Hurd's mom has an extremely WRONG opinion with all that said.

Still...We will see Jalen in the NFL

One of the most productive players ever? You got a short memory there, pal. Hurd recieved a majority of the snaps even when it was clear AK was the superior talent. That only happens with bad coaching decisions. With A.K.s showing in the NFL this year it should be painfully obvious just how incompetent Butch was. Hurd was not elite; he was serviceable yet he still played behind a below average and inept offesive line. Without BS promises from Butch, AK wouldve been the clear num 1 after game 1 in 2016. Instead we had to wait for the implosion from Hurd which undoubtedly cost us a loss. Like fade said, the stats are meaningless with how many carries he recieved. It was all stat padding numbers; nothing that would put him near the top all time at UT otherwise.

I understand a comment or two, but now it seems Is made is turning more and more like Arian Foster and starting to disown us..

You might actually want to watch the entire interview. I saw it. Its the media that typically eggs him on with some "what the hell happened at Tennessee?"

They're basically trying to cover their behinds for missing on him in the draft. So they are using his lack of carries as an excuse for their stupidity.

I was able to correctly predict Alvin's dominance in the NFL even with his limited touches. If they had any sense they would have as well.

Reactions: 6 people
And I'm still the only one anywhere on the internet that said Alvin Kamara was the #1 RB in the 2017 NFL Draft and the next Marshall Faulk.

You thinking Fournette and Cook were better than Kamara is just as silly as Hurd's mom.

Wondered how long it would take for you to poop in and pat yourself on the back. Can you ever not be a jerk?

Edit: Actually typed pop but I think I will leave it poop, more fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Great, you’re prediction accuracy has just been elevated to slightly above the chances of being struck by lightning

Reactions: 2 people
Great, you’re prediction accuracy has just been elevated to slightly above the chances of being struck by lightning

You won't be saying that after Dobbs and Sutton join Alvin as NFL superstars.

I'll be 3 for 3 on my predictions for Tennessee Vols in the 2017 draft.

You might actually want to watch the entire interview. I saw it. Its the media that typically eggs him on with some "what the hell happened at Tennessee?"

They're basically trying to cover their behinds for missing on him in the draft. So they are using his lack of carries as an excuse for their stupidity.

I was able to correctly predict Alvin's dominance in the NFL even with his limited touches. If they had any sense they would have as well.

You are the definition of a blind squirrel. How many first round, future HOFs have you predicted in the last 2 classes?

Reactions: 7 people

Stfu. You are insufferable.

Reactions: 14 people
You won't be saying that after Dobbs and Sutton join Alvin as NFL superstars.

I'll be 3 for 3 on my predictions for Tennessee Vols in the 2017 draft.

I hope you are right. I like it when Vols do well after leaving UT.

Just keep making predictions. It proves how smart you are.

You are the definition of a blind squirrel. How many first round, future HOFs have you predicted in the last 2 classes?

2017 Hall of Famers
QB Joshua Dobbs
RB Alvin Kamara
RB James Conner
WR Corey Davis
DE Myles Garrett
LB Dylan Cole
CB Cam Sutton
S Marcus Maye

2018 Hall of Famers
QB Sam Darnold
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Rashaad Penny
WR Antonio Callaway
OL Quenton Nelson
DE Marcus Davenport
DE Arden Key
S Derwin James

IMO Kamara is and was better than Hurd.

And FWIW, I don't think Hurd will play RB in the NFL.

FWIW I don't think Hurd will have a long career in the NFL if he even makes it. A year or two on the sidelines and he quits or is released. Nothing Special

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back