Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

Johnson will Not play while he's on probation. Just imagine the PR field day opposing teams and their various broadcast announcers would have with that! He's a very talented player. And we need him, because we're thin (depth wise) at DT. But Johnson will be radioactive for a while. CBJ is smarter....I hope....than to ignore the probation and return Johnson to good standing on the team roster. IMO.....let it all cool down while training and conditioning Johnson for as quiet return, in Oct, as can be managed.

He's not on probation. Its Butch's call, he can bring him back whenever he wants.

Reactions: 2 people
So Jameis Winston was still allowed to play football at FSU when he was convicted of rape but we shouldn't let Alexis Johnson back on the team for having assault charges that was just recently dropped and blown out of proportion? We need DT depth! Let this man back on the team.

It's simple. Yes. The difference is measured by who we, TN, and who FSU....or Al.....or Clemson are as programs. You want The University of Tennessee to assume the depreciated position of FSU? I will hope, because CBJ has not yet spoken.......that The Big Orange will do what is right...... take Johnson back onto 120 in accordance with an intelligently composed plan. But to address your, truthful, assertion that FSU allowed their QB to play after a "No Lo Contendre" plea to a crimminal charge? Yes....they, FSU, did that and then plugged Winston back into the team activity stream. But that doesn't mean that that was the right thing to do. It was not. Let's win championships that we can celebrate without concession.
I don't think we (UT) are wholly past the point of not grounding our ways on rocks of integrity. Let FSU, Ole Miss (whom I personally suspect of deeeeep covered recruiting violations), and Clemson stain their ways ahead with system questions.
Good! Go then. We are Tennessee!
We will win and do it right....right and clean.
Go Big Orange!!

Reactions: 7 people
It's simple. Yes. The difference is measured by who we, TN, and who FSU....or Al.....or Clemson are as programs. You want The University of Tennessee to assume the depreciated position of FSU? I will hope, because CBJ has not yet spoken.......that The Big Orange will do what is right...... take Johnson back onto 120 in accordance with an intelligently composed plan. But to address your, truthful, assertion that FSU allowed their QB to play after a "No Lo Contendre" plea to a crimminal charge? Yes....they, FSU, did that and then plugged Winston back into the team activity stream. But that doesn't mean that that was the right thing to do. It was not. Let's win championships that we can celebrate without concession.
I don't think we (UT) are wholly past the point of not grounding our ways on rocks of integrity. Let FSU, Ole Miss (whom I personally suspect of deeeeep covered recruiting violations), and Clemson stain their ways ahead with system questions.
Good! Go then. We are Tennessee!
We will win and do it right....right and clean.
Go Big Orange!!

Gimme FSU's bad boys and national titles. You keep the choir boys and taxslayer trophies.

I watch Tennessee football to watch winning players. Not good kids that never get in trouble.

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of grey area here. I trust CBJ to weigh all the facts and handle this appropriately. I don't expect to see Johnson on the field in week 1.

Is there anything a guy could say here that doesn't sound like he's being an ignorant neanderthal?

1. I'm glad the charges will be dropped. I hope he can get on with his life and have a great football career--beginning at UT.
2. I hope he isn't guilty and if he did something he shouldn't have, I hope everybody is happy with the outcome.
3. I think there is something happening on The Hill right now that I'm not sure I understand.

Good luck, young man.

Is there anything a guy could say here that doesn't sound like he's being an ignorant neanderthal?

1. I'm glad the charges will be dropped. I hope he can get on with his life and have a great football career--beginning at UT.
2. I hope he isn't guilty and if he did something he shouldn't have, I hope everybody is happy with the outcome.
3. I think there is something happening on The Hill right now that I'm not sure I understand.

Good luck, young man.

Attachments

• 753_knife-kid-gtfo.gif
    753_knife-kid-gtfo.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: 1 person
I always thought the whole "play-fighting" aspect of this was a little bit strange. He's too big and strong to safely "play-fight" with a woman. I guess ultimately there just wasn't enough physical evidence (injuries) to support some of the accusations. And he adamantly denied the worst of it all along. I hope that justice was served and I hope that he can help our team and himself to a brighter future.

Gimme FSU's bad boys and national titles. You keep the choir boys and taxslayer trophies.

I watch Tennessee football to watch winning players. Not good kids that never get in trouble.

Well, there are many parents and grandparents of Volnation, students and student-athletes like Joshua Dobbs, who most-assuredly would disagree with the above attitude.

But, carry on, if you must.

Reactions: 6 people
I never understood this thinking. We only watch him play football so we can be entertained. He's not asking to marry your daughter. I don't know why his personal life matters to anyone.

IMO as long as you're not in jail, you should be allowed to play. And I personally could care less if the worst person ever off the field. I only care of you can ball on it.

As fans of this team, we are not going nuts celebrating charges being dropped. Or at least I hope most here aren't. We just trust and hope to God the DA and the investigators got it right.

But let's follow your line of screwed up thinking. Let's keep thieves, rapists, gangbangers, and any other player walking a legal tightrope playing. And when that enrages some real nutcase, the next incident of public violence happens at the game.

VN Store

Back